Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do i add bots?

Page: 1 of 1
 Angel of death
05-09-2002, 2:47 PM
How do i add bots to my server using the rcon commands?
 jaustin1
05-09-2002, 3:05 PM
rcon addbot desann blue 5

This adds Desann as a bot on blue team with skill level 5 (highest skill). The skill level and team is optional; if you don't put it in they each have different preset skills (I think Lando is a 4?) and automatically go to a team.
 Angel of death
05-09-2002, 8:27 PM
ok i tried doing that and it is still not adding any bots for me no matter which one's i try to add.... with or without team/rank
 MatrixCPA
05-09-2002, 9:23 PM
If you are trying to add them via the console, leave out the rcon command. If you're doing it via rcon, make sure you put /rcon so that the server knows it's a command. If you want a particular number of bots & players, you can use:

set bot_minplayers X

Where X is a number representing what total you desire. For team gametypes (CTF/Team FFA/CTY) I believe the number will be "per team" rather than in total. With bot_minplayers, bots will be added and removed to keep the total number of players (or players per team) equal to X.
 Angel of death
05-09-2002, 11:39 PM
bah i still cant get bots into my server, is there something i need to do in the .cfg file other than set bot_minplayers x for my server to allow bots?
 MatrixCPA
05-10-2002, 12:47 AM
Try this:

seta bot_enable "1"
Page: 1 of 1