Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lockups in SP & MP [very strange!]

Page: 1 of 1
 EpSith
05-08-2002, 5:13 AM
Hi Jedis & Sithlords,

i have some Problems with this great game.
I am playing it since 3 Weeks and i love it...
if there wouldnґt be this ****ing Lockups.

In the first 2 Weeks i played a lot MP. Sometimes i could play for 1-2 Hours but then my Screen freezes when a Map changed and i should Enter the Game (at the Point " Waiting for Data "). Only Hardbooting helps at this Point.
So i tried a couple of things to get rid of this Problems:
I bought more Ram, a better Cooler...
Installed newest Drivers, Reinstalled my OS...
Tryed the Patch...
Take of some System Coolers because i thought my Power Supply could give up... and so on...

I tried so many things, and nothing helped but the Problem changed:
I am getting any longer Freezes, but now my Screen isnґt only Freezing its getting aditionally Black!

I am really pissed...
I would like to Play JK2, but i am sick of pressing the Reset-Button.

Only SP seems to run a little bit more stabel ( a couple of hours of playing without any freezes ), but it Freezes sometimes too!

The Lockups are only when a new Level is loaded in SP and in MP! So it seems to be a Problem of the Gamecode.

My System :

* Processor * AMD AthlonXP 1700+@1.483GHz (not overclocked)
* RAM * 2x Apacer 256MB PC266-DDR | CAS-Latency: 2,2,2 | 133MHz FSB
* Mainboard * Asus A7V266-E - KT266A
* Sound * Creative Sounblaster Audigy Player- Standarddriver & Tried Newest Drivers from Compaq with OpenAL
* Graphics * Asus V8200 Deluxe - 200Mhz Chip, 460MHz Ram Geforce3 , Detonator 23.11 (tried 28.?? also)
* OS * Win98Se (4.10, Build2222)
* Direct X * 8.0a
* CD/DVD * Pioneer DVD-Rom DVD-104, Teac CD-R58S (Scsi with Adaptec 7850-Controller)
* Maus * Logitech MouseMan Pro
* Else * 10/100Mbit Networkcard with Realtek RTL8139(A/B/C/8130) Chip

DOES SOMEONE HAS ANY IDEA OR TIP?

MAYBE YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS?

Thanks for any Posting.

EpS

P.S.: I am from Germany so please excuse my bad English!
 Diversion
05-08-2002, 1:01 PM
I'm having the same problem on my p3 866 with Aopen GF2 256, but for some reason it runs without any lockups on my old Celeron 800 with Voodoo3 PCI 2000. Very strange, could it be related to certain Videocards?
 ultralightning
05-08-2002, 4:02 PM
did u guys try to update to the latest via chipset drivers.. cause that usually would help if u updated ALL.. i mean ALL the drivers.. from network cards-to the odd stuff.....

or it could be your card runnin at full speed.. and well u could need some ram sinks and a new GPU heatsink and fan.... cause nvidia is netorious for having good cards that run hot
Page: 1 of 1