Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

console commands - 2 questions

Page: 1 of 1
 scaryjapan
05-08-2002, 3:10 AM
Anyone know the command to change the brightness, gamma of Outcast?
( the video menu gamma slider doesn't seem to work with my video card
(voodoo5500) )

and 1 more quicky, I've been reading the posts about enabling dismemberment, or realistic sabre combat.
I'm confused because their are some who say that to enable it, you should type in g_saberRealisticCombat 1 and others say its g_dismemberment 3
g_dismemberProbabilities 2

** I just want to see parts fly in single player.
thanks in advance!!
 teleguy
05-08-2002, 7:12 AM
First look for r_ignorehwgamma in jk2config.cfg/jk2mpconfig . It should be set to 1 ( 0 disables the gamma slider in setup ).

You can also try these commands:
r_gamma "x" ( 1 is default, setting it higher will increase brightness)
r_ext_gamma_control ( ?? )
 Mr_Sharky
05-08-2002, 7:41 AM
The saberrealisticcombat is for single player...

For MP you have to set cg_dismember to a value higher than 0 (3 seems to work nicely)

For it to work though the server you're playing on has to have dismemberment on (g_dismember set to 1). So if you created the server you have to set both g_dismember (to enable it) and cg_dismember (for you to see it).

Hope that cleared it up for ya... :D
 scaryjapan
05-08-2002, 1:12 PM
hey thanks alot guys! your help is very helpful :0
Now in the cfg files, there are lots of things that, like counterstrike, i'm sure you can tweak.
I saw something about fps in there, i didn't want to change anything without asking away first.
is there a link to somewhere where they explain all the cfg terminology? I have a very fast cable connection here and would really like tow get the most out of it.
thanks again for your awesome help
p; )
Page: 1 of 1