Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Server

Page: 1 of 1
 OkieDokie
05-07-2002, 10:45 PM
Hey, I was just wondering what is the best technique for setting up a new server (CTF). I don't know the ropes yet but I was wondering if you guys could give me a few pointers.
Here are my comp specs:
P4 1.4 GHz
256 MB Ram
40 GB Hard Drive
64 MB GeForce 2 Nvidia
I'm on Cable too
This should be compatible I think. Also what is the best way to prevent people from getting DCed when changing maps and other things like that.
Thanks,
Commie
 MatrixCPA
05-08-2002, 1:14 AM
To help prevent disconnects during map changes, make sure you have sv_timeout set to at least 90. Personally, I use 120. Beyond that, you should expect players to sometimes drop during map changes. They'll disconnect themselves because it's a good stopping point for them. If you run custom maps, you'll lose some players because of that. And , for now, you'll lose some players because they haven't updated to 1.03--assuming that's what you are running.
Page: 1 of 1