Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

g_ForcePowerDisable Reference

Page: 1 of 1
 Jezral
05-07-2002, 5:56 PM
I have made a somewhat complete g_ForcePowerDisable Reference (http://games.projectjj.dk/jk2jo.php), but I haven't tested if Team Heal and Team Energize are in the correct place.

-- Tino Didriksen
Project JJ
 SuperCharlie
05-08-2002, 2:06 AM
Nice man ;)
SC
 ho!
05-08-2002, 3:32 AM
very nice thx
 [FTN]WiLDCaRD
05-08-2002, 3:35 AM
excellent job !

thanks a bunch for assisting us all with a very clean / well thought out and easy to use template.

Moderator: Please sticky this thread !
 uteboy
05-08-2002, 8:41 AM
So does this mean that g_forcepowerdisable works or is it just in preperation for when it does
 Jezral
05-08-2002, 9:02 AM
I have not so far encountered problems with it on my server (version 1.03 win32 jk2ded.exe).

Btw, added the g_weapondisable calculator to the page.

-- Tino Didriksen / Project JJ
 Xenoeye
05-08-2002, 9:17 AM
It works fine I've played on Jezrals server :)
 Devilzad
05-08-2002, 10:59 AM
I was able to do selective force disabling on a dedicated server and an interactive server just fine. I'm so happy that Raven Software modified it to work how we wanted it to in the 1.03 patch!

I use "set g_forcepowerdisable xxxxx" in the console when hosting interactively (non-dedicated), then Vote a Restart Map to put it into play.
 TheAphextwin
05-08-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Jezral
I have not so far encountered problems with it on my server (version 1.03 win32 jk2ded.exe).

Btw, added the g_weapondisable calculator to the page.

Jezral,

When you are summing the weapon selections what is the effect, if any, of either enabling or disabling the unused flags ?

According to Raven the unused flags are needed when wanting Saber only?
 Jezral
05-08-2002, 11:44 AM
I think the reason to also disable the unused ones is so that the server can tell the clients "this is a saber-only server for sure", or something.

Other than that, I can't really see any difference...

TheAphextwin
05-08-2002, 11:50 AM
Do you happen to know the effect of having Saber and all unused unchecked? Does this still enable Saber only ? I am at work right now so I can't test this out.
 Jezral
05-08-2002, 12:15 PM
Just tested it with everything except Saber and the unused ones off (value 16378).
I can't see any difference whatsoever between that and the magic 65531.

EDIT:
There is a difference. With 16378 I can pick up various ammo and the Force Field.

TheAphextwin
05-08-2002, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

I have now updated the weapon flag selections in Jedi Runner based on Raven's and your information, you can download the full version of
Jedi Runner from FilePlanet (http://www.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?/3dactionplanet/eliteforce/custominstalls/jedirunner.exe)

NOTE
This is beta software and as such is in continued development. Please report all bugs and or issues with the program to me at Aphextwin@gameadmins.com including as much information as possible in regards to such issues.

Thanks and Enjoy.

NOTE: When adding BOT's make sure the map supports those BOTs. Check the arenas.txt file in assests0.pk3 for the default maps, check the scripts folder in any custom map pk3 file to see if it supports bots.

Kind Regards,
Aphextwin
http://runner.gameadmins.com)
Providing free windows installations and server utilities to the game community since 1999
ICQ 71420728

Team member Threewave MOD team for Quake 3
Team member True Combat MOD team for Quake 3

"Frag the weak, hurdle the dead..."
 TheDarkSide
05-08-2002, 5:09 PM
Jezral -

Thanks for the little program....excellent work.
Long live the Danes!

TDS
 D66
05-09-2002, 10:33 AM
Page bookmarked and saved offline!
Page: 1 of 1