Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to make Elevators?

Page: 1 of 1
 B0MBER II
04-27-2002, 10:12 PM
I got the door stuff down, now i need a 1 way ride in a elevator (or a platform, a simple circle pad lowering the player to the area below) down to my hanger.
 Danshmeala
04-27-2002, 10:19 PM
1. Create a hollow elevator shaft. (combining to the door if you want)

2. Create a brush about the same size as your door and place it where you want the elevator to be when it goes up.

3. Apply the 'func_plat' to the small brush.

4. With the just the small brush selected, press 'n'.

5. Type in 'height' as the key and for the value, it's rather confusing... so read carefully.

6. Here's the formula: (top position) - (brush thickness) - (bottom position) = height. So if I wanted my elevator to start at unit
(-1000) and go up to unit (0), then this is what the formula would look like: (0) - (8) - (-1000) = 992

7. So the value for the 'height' key in that example would be 992. If you want your elevator to start at the top and go down, you place the brush at the bottom and put in (-992) (if it were the smae example...)

There I hope you can understand that. It took me a while to get it myself.

~ Danshmeala
 patchx
04-27-2002, 10:34 PM
just adding that i found it easier to use the door_func as the elevator and put the height under the "lip" key without the negative

elevator starts at the bottom but youll need a button at the top and at the bottom

for sound use the key "soundset" and the value "medium_platform"

there are other soundsets listed in the sounds.txt file in the sound file

-patch
 B0MBER II
04-27-2002, 11:07 PM
Yea I might need a button for this
Page: 1 of 1