Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need Help Compiling my map

Page: 1 of 1
 JumboMonkeyfish
04-27-2002, 6:38 PM
ok so i made my map (my first noob map before i start making better ones)... basically a death star style bridge intended for dueling.

When i first went to compile it, i kept getting an error that said
it had performed an illegal operation, and when i clicked close on two or three of those errors the process would continue and i would get this error:

----Lighting-----
SetQdirFrombase: no 'base' in (and here it had a bunch of characters that i dont know how to access on my keyboard, really random ones)

so i looked around on the q3radiant help pages and found a similar error. i went and fiddled around with my directory paths in project settings, just random stuff like adding a "\" at the end of some of the paths... and now i dont get the error anymore, i still get a single illegal operation at the beginning of my compiling tho.

Still, it says the compile finishes (although i run it on full vis and it takes 14 secs and when i look in the DOS window there is no mention of vis), but i can't find the .bsp file anywhere. wtf. somebody help me.

-Jumbo Monkeyfish
 DDD8000
04-27-2002, 10:20 PM
Dude I got the same error message I wish someone would reply to this post and give us a clue on what is goin on.

Tx
DDD
 DDD8000
04-27-2002, 10:34 PM
Found out what it was
you have to specifically put all of your .map files in the map folder
otherwise the program gets confused

That is the error

Peace Out
DDD
Page: 1 of 1