Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

This forum seems useless... :-(

Page: 1 of 1
 technodrill
04-26-2002, 5:46 PM
This forum seems useless since many people need help and cant find it here.
Neither Raven nor Lucasarts is suppoorting the Editor. :-(
There isn't even a manual for JK2Radiant's differences from GtkRadiant.
I guess there just arent enough mappers. Questions would be answered more quickly.
Respect to the few people who do help. ;-)
I have a lot of problems with compiling my map right now. lots of errors and stuff... (MAX_MAP_VISIBILITY exceeded,...)
I have NO IDEA where to find info that can help me.
I tried getting some here... but no... threads are viewed but not answered. :-(
This is a shame because I was so thrilled that there finally was a new game that I could make maps for... (sigh)
I guess I'll just wait until Halo, Unreal Tournament 2003 or SOF2 arrives.
And somebody tell me why qeradiant.com doenst seem to get updated anymore.
I mean It's been a few days now that JK2Radiant has been released and they still say this:
"The level editing tools for Jedi Knight II have not been officially released yet."
I wish they would take full support for JK2Radiant. It would be grat if they would make a version of GtkRadiant that supports JK2.
 mapmaker
04-26-2002, 10:34 PM
I'm not sure, but I think that error hasto do with your sky shaders and ground brush not lining up properly. I could be wrong though, I'm just a newbie :)
 mapmaker
04-26-2002, 10:36 PM
I also noticed in your other post that it looks like you are using the 'fastvis' bsp compiling command, try using 'fullvis' instead.
 Eudaimic
04-27-2002, 7:38 AM
Seeing as JK2 is a Q3 engine game, why don't you just go and ask in Q3 related forums. Most people there are fairly glad to help, and they know their **** well.

I agree however, these forums seem to be inhabitet mainly by the "DOTH1SLEVEL!"-people... And we all know where they can go...

Try these links, they're the best in the business:
http://www.map-center.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi)
http://www.quake3world.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro&BypassCookie=true)
 technodrill
04-27-2002, 1:43 PM
Thanks for the links.

btw I already fixed my problem yesterday after I wrote this thread. It was indeed a weird skytextured wall that was intersecting with a floor. I'll explain how I fixed this so other people know what to do when they get the same problem (MAX_MAP_VISIBILITY ecxeeded).
For GtkRadiant: Press Plugins/Bobtoolz/Brush Cleanup
When I did this... invisible skytextured walls appeared and they seemed to be part of visible brushgroups. Very strange. I don't even understand how these invisible skytextured walls got there.
So I don't even know how to prevent this problem from happening in the future. :-(
Page: 1 of 1