Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

mapping question

Page: 1 of 1
 =JediKnight05=
04-25-2002, 9:43 PM
Hi im working on a map and I thought it be cool to put rain in it like the rain in the last levels of JediKnight2 but I dont know howto make rain for a map.. can any one help me??
 =JediKnight05=
04-25-2002, 11:01 PM
Doesent Any one Know howto put rain in map?
 UniKorn
04-26-2002, 4:53 AM
It is a large rain brush covering your entire rain area. But at the moment I don't know yet which texture it is.
 Tantalus
04-26-2002, 4:55 AM
There's also the fx_rain in the right click menu.
 =JediKnight05=
04-26-2002, 1:14 PM
for multiplayer I noticed the the only fx is runner for multi what ever that is but the fx_rain is for single player I hope I can add rain in my mp map cause it would greatly improve the look and feel of my map :)
 DaviJade
04-26-2002, 1:32 PM
Sure rain will enhance any level, but would it degrade the gameplay (i.e. cause lag) of a MP map?
 =JediKnight05=
04-26-2002, 2:46 PM
well yeah it will probly make the fps slow in a big multi map but I plan on makeing at least a one room duel map in the courtyard of a jedi temple see my new map on the way thread for pics :) i might make it even to were you can go inside the temple but one room in the temple and one outside room maybe Im still formulatinjg ideas for it and stuff lol it took me like 4 hours or so just to experiment with the thing until I could get it to were I want it and then an addicinal like10 hours to mess around with it I went to bed like 2 in the morning when I was done messing with it lol:jawa
Page: 1 of 1