Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JK2 Ded Launcher Ver 1.5

Page: 1 of 1
 SuperCharlie
04-25-2002, 1:44 AM
I spiffed up the program quite a bit and included my newfound launch bat file options as well as auto IP detection and wrapped it all up in a nice setup.exe. For Win only.

Get it here:
http://jk2dedlauncher.tripod.com/)

Currently the program supports:
Server Name
MOTD
Game Type
Beginning Map
Max Players
Time Limit
Frag Limit
Duel Frag Limit
Capture LImit
Inactivity Kick
Force Power Level
Lan or Web Game
Saber Only
Allow Vote
Game Password
Console Pwd (rcon)
Custom Map Rotation
Run last setup
 Chronic
04-25-2002, 1:53 AM
Nice prog there

It will help out those people who are inexperienced with consoles and cvars. Thanks for posting that :D
 Aerys
04-25-2002, 6:55 PM
Something really freaky's going on.

Earlier today I downloaded version 1.5 from your web site.

On another computer I just downloaded version 1.1 from the same website.

Needless to say this was unexpected.
 SuperCharlie
04-25-2002, 9:57 PM
Sorry Man.. I forgot to correctly change the download link on the home page.. its fixed now..

Definetly get the 1.5 it has new commands in the bat files that work better..

SC
 JacenSolo2001
04-25-2002, 11:47 PM
Great work!! Quick question, if I'm running a server, when i log on to play how can i add a bot? whats the correct syntax? if i set the password to just password?
 Aerys
04-26-2002, 1:42 PM
Thanks for making this utility available.

My server ran just fine with the 1.1 version so you know the old saying about if it ain't broke... :)
 SLI_Fallen
04-26-2002, 11:59 PM
I for one simply could not run a dedicated server *AND* have the parameters easily changed by someone else who is not a consol-rocket-scientist because this server is remotely administered using PCAnywhere. And JKII (and 98% of other games) just wont display video properly on the remote end. So having a simple front end to launch it is my only real option for our members to admin the server.

THANK YOU!!
 SuperCharlie
04-27-2002, 1:20 AM
Thanks like yours are the reason and payment I and a lotta other programmers do this kinda stuff for. From as best I can tell Ive had around 100 people download it, but very few comment afterwards. I appreciate the feedback and your very welcome.

SC
 SsP45
04-27-2002, 1:25 AM
I can't get the Launcher to work. Whenever I hit "Start Server" the program just ends and nothing else happens. It just exits itself and JK2 doesn't start up. Am I supposed to wait or something?
 SsP45
04-27-2002, 1:40 AM
Nevermind, I'm stupid. I forgot to download the Dedicated Server files as well...
 SuperCharlie
04-27-2002, 2:49 AM
I just noticed a prob with the map rotation and uploaded a new version.. 1.51

SC
 Ripper45
04-27-2002, 12:12 PM
Help!!! I am running your server launcher program and noone seems to be joining!!! Can somone please look for my server "Ripper's" it is a team based free for all with 8 players...please jion and tell me how it runs!!! Post back here...thanks I DON'T KNOW IF i AM SHOWING UP!!!!
 SuperCharlie
04-27-2002, 1:07 PM
Its 10 am and I dont see ya man.. also theres no options for team based.. dunno how ya set this one..

Load a regular game and get the All Seeing Eye ( http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/) )and see if ya show up there.

Also watch your console box when the server launches, it should say sending heartbeat to Ravens master or somethin like that.. if it does, then you should show up in the lists...

SC
 SsP45
04-27-2002, 2:02 PM
Originally posted by SuperCharlie
Also watch your console box when the server launches, it should say sending heartbeat to Ravens master or somethin like that.. if it does, then you should show up in the lists...

SC

Okay, mine says that but no one else can see my server. I think I need to open up port 28070. Anyone know how to do that? The computer that is connected to my cable modem is a P 120 with 2 network cards in it acting as a pseudo router.
 SsP45
04-27-2002, 2:07 PM
Originally posted by SsP45

Okay, mine says that but no one else can see my server. I think I need to open up port 28070. Anyone know how to do that? The computer that is connected to my cable modem is a P 120 with 2 network cards in it acting as a pseudo router.

Another update. If I let the server just sit there, it keeps retrying (every 5 or 10 minutes) to send the heartbeat to masterjk2.ravensoft.com. I think something is blocking the heartbeat signal from leaving my LAN. I think it goes back to that 28070 port again. Any ideas on how to open it to allow the JK2 heartbeat to pass would be most helpful.
 Ripper45
04-27-2002, 2:15 PM
I am now trying it with regualr in game setup...Can Anyone see it now??? "Ripper's" Im in the eastern US.....
 SsP45
04-27-2002, 2:17 PM
I'm looking right now for it...

Sorry, I can't find it.

Now with my problem. :D This is a cut and paste of what the JK2 console is saying for my server.

Hitch warning: 1809889 msec frame time
Resolving masterjk2.ravensoft.com
masterjk2.ravensoft.com resolved to 204.97.24
Sending heartbeat to masterjk2.ravensoft.com
Hitch warning: 2216 msec frame time

It can't get past sending the heartbeat to ravensoft.
 SuperCharlie
04-27-2002, 2:24 PM
I have almost the same setup here. A P1 233 with 2 nics on win98 with internet connection sharing cable to 4 computers. I did a complete uninstall and removed the registry keys, reinstalled with ver 1.51 and setup a game. It showed up immediately in The Eye.

Must be some kinda local prob man.. sorry.. :(

SC
 SuperCharlie
04-27-2002, 2:30 PM
It should say:
masterjk2.ravensoft.com resolved to 204.97.248.90:28060

That says something about DNS I think.. maybe.. dunno...

SC
 SsP45
04-27-2002, 2:57 PM
I have almost the same setup here. A P1 233 with 2 nics on win98 with internet connection sharing cable to 4 computers. I did a complete uninstall and removed the registry keys, reinstalled with ver 1.51 and setup a game. It showed up immediately in The Eye.

Must be some kinda local prob man.. sorry.. :(

SC

I'll try that right now. However, do all your computers on your LAN have static IPs? I have Windows automatically pick one whenever any of the computers reboots.
 SuperCharlie
04-27-2002, 2:59 PM
DHCP (windows assign) on the ip's.

SC
 SsP45
04-27-2002, 3:05 PM
DHCP (windows assign) on the ip's.

SC

So you also have DHCP being used? Do you have any ports open? I've heard from other message boards that for a JK2 server, you need port 28070 open... is that true? If it is, do you know how to open or to forward that port?
 SLI_Fallen
04-27-2002, 9:44 PM
I hate to be a greedy bastard, but... (you knew that was coming no? :) )

Can you include the inactivity timeout parameter at some point. Criminy, I cant even go take a piss without getting booted, hehe. I know this is to "kill the campers" but in sabers only I would like to set it somewhat higher than the friggin TWO MINUTES that is the default..

All my guys are happy my T1 is chugging away now with JKII WooHoo!!!

You da' MAN!
 SuperCharlie
04-27-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by SLI_Fallen
I hate to be a greedy bastard, but... (you knew that was coming no? :) )

Can you include the inactivity timeout parameter at some point.

Umm its it in there man.. ;) Its called "Inactivity Kick" and default is 120 seconds but you can make it whatever ya want...

SC
 JacenSolo2001
04-28-2002, 12:48 PM
while running a server using this Launcher, is it possible to manually add bots from the console while I'm playing? If so, whats the correct way to do so?
Thanks !
 SuperCharlie
04-28-2002, 1:52 PM
Originally posted by JacenSolo2001
while running a server using this Launcher, is it possible to manually add bots from the console while I'm playing?

Yea, I did this the other day while playing.. you can do it from the dosbox console window but the info scrolls and makes it kinda hard so its easier to do it from the ingame window console.

while in the game, press ctr and ~ at the same time to drop down the console. type /rconpassword <yourpassword here> <press enter> then type /rcon addbot <bottname>

example: /rcon addbot ree-yees

you can get more info on the addbot command by typing /rcon addbot <enter> like skill level and such. I got all the bots names from the ingame server area.

Im seriously thinkin about adding bot support in future versions... just thinkin about it at this point tho ;)

SC
 SLI_Fallen
04-28-2002, 4:20 PM
Jiminny Christmas.

...open mouth...insert foot.

hehe.
 Sysgod
04-29-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by SsP45

So you also have DHCP being used? Do you have any ports open? I've heard from other message boards that for a JK2 server, you need port 28070 open... is that true? If it is, do you know how to open or to forward that port?

Heya .45 this is $k!nh3@d (me suxxors at cs, but roxxors on jk][)... Now that we know who we both are...

The port will need to be opened on your firewall if you have one. Is this on your work network or home pc? Do you or does your work run a firewall in between the 'net and that pc? If so I would open up both UDP ports 28070 and 28071.

Also, do you start the server with a batch file, or do you run the straight exec?

I had similar problems getting my a-nation.com Jk][ server up. It's all good now.
 SsP45
04-29-2002, 5:09 PM
Hey, didn't think I would see anyone from 'my' CS server here. Here's my problem: I have a cable modem going into a Pentium 120Mhz computer, which has 2 NICs in it. This thing sorta acts like a router. The cable modem goes into one of the NICs, while the other goes out to a small 8-port hub I have. I don't have any firewall, but the way it's set up with the 2 NIC computer, I can't host a server for any game out there. I'm not sure why, but nothing (except the Internet) can leave my LAN and get out onto the internet. Usually if I do a search for a LAN server I will find it, even if I specified Internet server.

I think I need to open up those ports mentioned before, but I don't know how to without a router. Is there something inside Windows Networking that would allow me to open up the required ports, or an external program to do it?

EDIT, I'm using the 5.1 JK2 Launcher mentioned above in a bunch of the previous posts.
Page: 1 of 1