Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Map rotation and Dueling

Page: 1 of 1
 dc1173
04-21-2002, 1:46 AM
I have my maps working great with Jedi Master. Now I tried to add a duel into my rotation by execing duel.cfg which also rotates back to server.cfg when done.

The Problem is, I even checked it too. The dueling starts, I go to my server and type: nextmap, it tells me D1 variable which is great. After the 1st duel is over and a new person gets rotated in I check: nextmap, then it tells me RAVEN!

How do you stop it from defaulting back to no rotation after a duel is won?
 MatrixCPA
04-21-2002, 7:05 PM
Could you paste your configs here. It would make things a bit easier to troubleshoot.
 dc1173
04-21-2002, 8:25 PM
//Master Servers
seta sv_master2 "master.gamespy.com:27900"

set sv_maxclients 6
set g_inactivity 120 //2 Minute Timeout
set g_gametype 2
set duel_fraglimit 5
set g_duelWeaponDisable "65531"
set sv_floodProtect 1
set g_forcePowerDisable "32767"
set sv_maxRate 3000
// set vm_cgame 2
// set vm_game 2
set sv_pure 1
set g_allowvote 0
set timelimit 15
set capturelimit 3330
set g_autoMapCycle 1
set g_teamForceBalance 0
set sv_minPing 0
set sv_maxPing 0
set g_teamAutoJoin 1
set fraglimit 15
set g_filterban "1" //Set Banning of IPs

//Bot Settings
set bot_nochat "1"
set bot_minplayers 3

//Map Setings
set d1 "exec ctf_bespin.cfg ; set nextmap vstr d2"
set d2 "map ffa_deathstar ; set nextmap vstr d3"
set d3 "map ffa_imperial ; set nextmap vstr d4"
set d4 "exec duel.cfg ; set nextmap vstr d1"
vstr d1

;;; duel.cfg
set g_gametype 3
set fraglimit 1
set d1 "exec ctf_bespin.cfg ; set nextmap vstr d2"
set d2 "map ffa_deathstar ; set nextmap vstr d3"
set d3 "map ffa_imperial ; set nextmap vstr d4"
set d6 "map duel_pit ; set nextmap vstr d1"
vstr d6
set nextmap vstr d1
set nextmap "vstr d1"

>> I have tried all this and nothing seems to work.
Like I said, the first fight next map IS d1, BUT after the first duel is over and it rotates a new person in, nextmap changes automaticly to RAVEN.
 andywebs
04-21-2002, 11:34 PM
in your duel.cfg file there is no vstr4 or 5
 MatrixCPA
04-22-2002, 4:13 AM
First off, what is ctf_bespin.cfg? You exec it from both rotations and thus I'd expect you to have problems with it. Second, you have g_autoMapCycle set to "1", which is on. If you are going to use a custom rotation, you NEED to set that to zero. Having said that, why not use one config for the whole thing like so:

set d1 "set g_gametype 2; set fraglimit 15; map ffa_bespin ; set nextmap vstr d2"
set d2 "set g_gametype 2; set fraglimit 15; map ffa_deathstar ; set nextmap vstr d3"
set d3 "set g_gametype 2; set fraglimit 15; map ffa_imperial ; set nextmap vstr d4"
set d4 "set g_gametype 3; set fraglimit 1; map ffa_bespin; set nextmap vstr d5"
set d5 "set g_gametype 3; set fraglimit 1; map ffa_deathstar; set nextmap vstr d6"
set d6 "set g_gametype 3; set fraglimit 1; map ffa_imperial; set nextmap vstr d7"
set d7 "set g_gametype 3; set fraglimit 1; map duel_pit; set nextmap vstr d1"

vstr d1

Remember, you NEED to change g_autoMapCycle to "0". I'd also recommend getting into the jk2mpconfig.cfg file and making sure you delete any map rotation settings that are in there--just to make sure.
Page: 1 of 1