Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I'm a MORON and Need help

Page: 1 of 1
 Reklawyad
04-20-2002, 1:22 PM
OK, this is my first attempt and actually launching a Dedicated Server over the internet, I've done it before over LAN without problems, but I seem to be having problems with the Routing aspect of it.

When i startup the server, it goes to the Winsock Initialized, then goes to open the Port, but then gives me a WARNING: UDP_OpenSocket: bind: WSAEADDRNOTAVAIL

I would assume this means the port is not available, but I have configured my router to use the port. I also have the decidated server starting up with +set net_ip xx.xx.xx.xx:ppppp

Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm using a NetGear RP114 Router to share my RR, and I have followed the intructions to setup the IP Forwarding in the Router.

Thanks.
 MatrixCPA
04-20-2002, 8:30 PM
Unless you have multiple ip addresses, you can omit the net_ip setting. Give that a shot.
 Reklawyad
04-20-2002, 9:39 PM
Tried it, still didn't help, but thanks for the info :)
 MatrixCPA
04-20-2002, 10:53 PM
Did you remove it from the jk2mpconfig.cfg as well? Are you getting an identical error. Generally, you get that error when you use an external ip address that your box has no clue about. In other words, you're box may be 192.168.0.2 and your external ip (outside the router) is 216.62.126.78. If you set net_ip 216.62.126.78, then the box tries to open a port on that ip and can't. Make sure a duplicate entry was not in the jk2mpconfig.cfg.
 Reklawyad
04-21-2002, 12:34 AM
Tried that, didn't work either, but thanks for the input on it!!!
 Reklawyad
04-22-2002, 11:55 PM
I still haven't been able to setup a dedicated game, but I was able to play Dungeon Seige with all the correct ports forwarded over to my IP. Any suggestions on what Ports I might try????
Page: 1 of 1