Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

First User-made Multiplayer Map Released

Page: 1 of 1
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
04-13-2002, 12:08 AM
Should be up here on jk2.net and on www.jk2files.com) soon... already up at www.massassi.net) - go on and check it out.

(Before people get mad wondering how this guy got the tools first - he didn't... I asked for someone to volunteer their map to be the guinea pig for getting the tools working for the general public and he's the one who sent me his map... tools are coming... :) )
 Vorax
04-13-2002, 4:18 AM
Uggh :(

I designed the first user made map for this game 2 months ago. Didn't release it for Quake or Elite Force, cuz it was supposed to be for JK2. I finsished the 2nd a week ago.

When are you releasing that GDK? I am serious, about fixing it.

Just give use the .def file at least. I have made more maps for Elite Force then anyone, common, you can trust me :)

Look, I am serious about looking for bugs, and fixing them if you like. I know C++, I have been using it professionally for 10 years, that's probably longer then most of the guys at Raven. I don't wanna list my resume, I just want the GDK. Send me the specs that you guys sent to the GTKRadiant team, I will make the changes to the compiler myself...PLEASE, just give us something!

Uggh...never mind, I am sounding pathetic now.

This has been the longest "later this week" I have ever had to endure.

- Vorax
 moore+
04-13-2002, 4:44 AM
So SEND HIM YOUR MAPS. They asked for them, send them in if they are ready to be compiled.
 Vorax
04-13-2002, 10:15 AM
I would, but I don't want any errors. Without the editor, there are to many things that can't be finalized. The map that was released should have had probably one or 2 more iterations and lots of play testing. It is very nice, but has some errors and has game play issues. These could have been worked out with more iterations. Plus, if we sent in everything we have (Wired Lamp Studios), it would keep them busy for a weeks.

- Vorax
 DOM SlyFox
04-13-2002, 1:41 PM
The map is great, propally better than most the mp maps that came with the game. Stop whining and send them your map. Or shutup and realise you DONT have the first jk2 map :) lol
 Vorax
04-13-2002, 5:22 PM
I never said the map wasn't good. It's very nice, I know the author from his EF maps. But, the bots have big problems, you hear water sounds in some places for some reason and the lifts are to slow.

I am not worried about having the first map. I am sure lots of people have made maps they want to get out. The Tatooine one by Tems for example. I was just trying to say I want the editor!

I am not going to send them the maps because I want them to be good as they can be when they are released. If was Jedi and I had gotten that back from them, I wouldn't have released it because of the problems. He did an awesome job on the design and texturing, it is worth another couple of passes to get it finished.

- Vorax
 naletto
04-30-2002, 9:24 PM
One news for the bots !
On the site of Ravensoft : www2.ravensoft.com/jedioutcast/ you can find a tutorial to make botroutes. It uses the game itself with console commands. It is not simple, a bit long and hard , but it works ! my bots don't jump around again in my samples maps.;)
Page: 1 of 1