Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

how about a lame forum game no one will probably want to play?

Page: 1 of 2
 Shmargin
04-05-2002, 11:55 PM
Ok, I'm sittin here, bored as hell, and I got an idea. Ill start a lame game here, that no one will probably play along with, but im posting it anyway, just incase someone out there reads this and is as bored as me.

Ok, heres my game, I'm gonna post some song lyrics, like, one line, and then you gotta tell me the name and band that sings that song, and the song name. Then post your own lyrics. Rinse and repeat as required.

Ok, and if anyone notices that you screwed up somewhere, then, bam, your post doesnt count...you lose a point....Your lyrics need to be long enough to you know, actually stand a chance in hell in getting guessed...

If anyone of you make it past mine...but whatever...

"The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day"
 Andrei
04-06-2002, 2:40 AM
System of a Down - Sugar.

"North Carolina! Move and raise up. Take your shirt off. Twist it round your head, spin it like a helicopter!"

I'm posting that only half-facetiously. It's a catchy tune.
 Metallus
04-06-2002, 3:06 AM
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give it Away?

No fair using live band lyrics. :(

"F*cked up and spun out in my room...
On my own, here we go."
 iisaac
04-06-2002, 10:09 AM
Brain Stew by Green Day

"You will find no answers in this head
What you see is what you get
Watch as all the lights go out
Down and out, out for the count
Take your places, choose your sins
Everyone loses, no-one wins
I have seen the future and this...is how it begins"
 Jester
04-06-2002, 4:12 PM
PWEI, Everything's Cool. Riiight.

"You're sort of stuck where you are
But in your dreams you can buy expensive cars
And live on mars, and have it your way.

You hate your boss at your job
But in your dreams you can blow his head off,
In your dreams, show no mercy."
 sheaday6
04-06-2002, 5:47 PM
Bad Days by the Flaming Lips

"See how we do this, see how we ride.
Throw a brick, light the fuse, dodge a bullet, duck inside.
Astatistic hammered on my brain.
Branded with another nother pawn in the game"
 Shmargin
04-06-2002, 9:56 PM
I Wanna Riot - Rancid

ok, this might be a tough one, maybe...

"Mother fu*ker comin up behind you, slap you in your fu*kin face and blind you, then maybe you'll learn not to fu*k with me"
 SyntheticGerbil
04-06-2002, 11:23 PM
No fair, I don't listen to music with lyrics!
 MtBlanc
04-07-2002, 1:41 AM
Met screwed up by the way. That's actually the lyrics to a real song by some rapper. Petey Pablo or something like that.
 AndrewL
04-07-2002, 1:50 AM
yea, I'm a rap fan. Probably only one of the board. It's Petey Pablo - Raise Up. Beat by Timbaland.

Though I don't like the song.

And I'm not going to play becuase I only know rap lyrics and I'm positive you guys wouldn't know.
 SyntheticGerbil
04-07-2002, 3:04 AM
Does sort of show itself as a contest of who is more into indie rock...
 Jester
04-07-2002, 3:30 AM
Indy does rock? Mind you, "Whip it" was devo.

*dies*
 Metallus
04-07-2002, 4:31 AM
Pfft. Petey Pablo. PFFFFT.

Someone salvage this thread quickly.
 SyntheticGerbil
04-07-2002, 5:59 AM
Max is megaman?
 Shmargin
04-07-2002, 6:29 AM
No one got mine yet....
 iisaac
04-07-2002, 8:42 AM
I'm cheating, to move things along.
Shmargin's lyrics are from Now You Know by Powderburn. Thank you, http://powderburn.fanspace.com/) .
Now, Rob the webmaster should go next, but he couldn't be reached (by ESP) for comment, so I will go next. I made sure you can't cheat with this one, so it is likely to be my turn, forever.

"Things get a little crazy in this day and age
The concrete jungle warfare has got everybody in a rage
I sure like rocking danger, and I crave my rock 'n roll
But when I get my limit, I I know where to go
We drove in the four wheel drive,
load up the dogs and the family
'cause I got to feel alive
with a wild laugh where I can breathe"

Some songs are best left instrumental.
 sheaday6
04-07-2002, 2:39 PM
leave it to iisaac to take all the fun out of the game... can we skip that one?
its to HAAAAAAAAARD
 iisaac
04-07-2002, 6:35 PM
The game is mine! No fun for you!
And I say in defense,
with a pause for suspense,
if you'd have bothered to read the rules you'd see that it's still Andrei's turn. (if anyone notices that you screwed up somewhere, then, bam, your post doesnt count)
 sheaday6
04-08-2002, 1:03 AM
then why didn't you point that out instead of posting more lyrics!? YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE PAYING ATTENTION HERE, DON'T TAKE ADVANTAGE OF US!!
:ball:
 SyntheticGerbil
04-08-2002, 9:20 AM
I know it's not a Bob Marley song, because I'm sure cruising with his four wheel drive just isn't his thing...

Damn it, I've heard "concrete jungle" before... is this just a regularly used term?
 iisaac
04-08-2002, 9:56 AM
"Concrete jungle" was first used in the nineteenth century, and it's a common phrase to describe the ruthlessness and hardship of city life. It has become a cliche, like "tip of the iceberg" and "(as plenty as there are) fish in the sea".
I posted the lyrics because they're obscure. Only rednecks and guitar enthusiasts are likely to have heard the song, as the composer is a redneck guitar hero. His highest form of spirituality is hunting wild game. His second highest is playing guitar. Most of his songs are instrumental, except the ones where he tries to pitch to the listeners the hunting and rifle-weilding way of life.
He is non other than Ted Nugent. The song is "I Just Want to Go Hunting" (because it makes me feel so good). I already mentioned that his songs would be better left without lyrics.
 sheaday6
04-08-2002, 9:58 PM
DAMN YOU TED NUGENT! so what now, do we have to wait for Andrei to go again or something?
 Andrei
04-08-2002, 10:09 PM
I figured that in order to keep the game fun, the lyrics would need to be mainstream. Alright. If we're trying to out-indie each other then so be it.

"You know what's gonna happen.
He's gonna go down and he's gonna come back again.
Sad I'm gonna die.
Hope it's gonna happen later than I think.
They'll tie me up and send me off
To set me off on someone's lawn."

As for the rap. Andrew, bring it. I will know it.
 sheaday6
04-08-2002, 10:19 PM
HAHAHA, Tripoli by Pinback

"You think you're crazy but it's all the same
You're scary angry but who do you blame
You're controversial but you're shootin' blanks
It's non-dimentional and it's all the same"
 sheaday6
04-09-2002, 7:33 PM
anybody?
 Jester
04-09-2002, 7:39 PM
Sorry, "Crappy rhyme schemes" isn't my category, Alex.
 sheaday6
04-10-2002, 7:26 PM
nobody? well, so much for this forum game
 Andrei
04-12-2002, 1:55 AM
Fine jerky. You've won the battle, but not the war. Let's keep going. You start. And tell me what the hell that awful song was.
 sheaday6
04-12-2002, 11:45 PM
Why of course. it was "sing to your sink" by BS2000 (A beastie boys affiliate)

"I pull my blinds
Fill out my income tax form
Pen in hand I write so legibly
I have my kitty. His name is Allowishus, I stroke him
But you don't see me
No one should see me"

try that one
 SyntheticGerbil
04-13-2002, 1:03 AM
Primus - Nature Boy -

"there's an old man on a city bus holding a candy cane and it isn't even christmas, he sees a note in the obituary that his last friend has died/there's an infant clinging to an overwieght mother in the cold as they go to shop for cigarettes and she spends her last dollar on a bottle of vodka for tonight "

Oh man, I hope that's enough. My music horizon is too narrow and lacks any sort of diversity.
 Andrei
04-13-2002, 1:29 AM
Yeah, I've heard a couple BS2000 tunes. That was not one of them.

As for the last one, it was Bad Religion - Struck a Nerve.

This one shouldn't be too difficult:

"And I'm not unsympathetic,
I see why you left,
There's no one to know,
There's nothing to do,
The city's been dead,
Since you've been gone."

On a side note, I've just seen Chasing Amy. And now all of a sudden, I don't hate Keven Smith anymore.
 iisaac
04-13-2002, 7:20 AM
I saw Chasing Amy. I saw most of Kevin Smith's films. The plots aren't bad. These aren't the generic Hollywood scripts. These are more like generic out-of-the-ordinary scripts, of situations that happen quite a lot if you live a bit. I had trouble sitting through each of Smith's movies the first time I saw them, and I'm not willing to see them again. It's "one of those days" on film, similar to how indie rock is "one of those days" on guitar, drum and bass. His films leave me feeling I've been there and done that, under slightly different circumstances. That's probably what his fans think when they call his movies "insightful". Well, a lot of people think the Bible, astrology readings, soap operas, and children's books are insightful, so insight is probably very easy to come by for some. Two things I can't take away from Kevin Smith is that he is fluent and eloquent. He puts his point with precision and poise.
 sheaday6
04-13-2002, 2:11 PM
The City by Dismemberment Plan

"This song will become the anthem of your underground.
You're two floors down getting high in the back room.
If I flooded out your house, do you think you'd make it out,
or would you burn up before the water filled your lungs?"
 Jester
04-13-2002, 2:20 PM
Saves the day - "At your funeral."

I recall one or two saying that they were well-versed (no pun intended) in Rap. Here's one for the A's, via the J.

"Southside's a town with a lot of hustle and bustle
A kid got stuck, for a buck under the trustle
Died with pride, he fought he had a big heart
With muscle he fought back be the attack was brutal."
 Andrei
04-14-2002, 8:43 PM
Organized Konfusion - The Rough Side of Town.

"Yo, microphone check one two what is this
The five foot assassin with the ruffneck business
I float like gravity, never had a cavity
Got more rhymes than the Winans got family"
 YTtheMighty
04-16-2002, 5:01 PM
It's funny, I got on to this forum hoping to become the supreme ruler of it, yet here I am, at the bottom... OH WELL! I'm gonna play too! (Seeing as how, after reading all the posts, that I have no idea who most of the artest you guys were talking about or what songs those were I'm just gonna put some lyrics in here that are my personal favoite, just for fun, Oh and by the way, I hated Chasing Amy, god that was the worst Kevin Smith movie ever, Jay and Silent Bob rule man!)

Anyway:
"Now the Time is here,
For ______ to spead fear.
Vengence from the grave,
KILL THE PEOPLE HE ONCE SAVED!!!"

-that is an easy one, and for the advanced reader:

"Whataya mean I dont believ in God, I talk to him everyday.
Whataya mean I dont suppport yer system, I go to court, when I HAVE to.
Whataya mean I can't get to work on time, Got nuthin better ta do.
Whatay mean I dont pay my bills, why do ya think I'm broke?
If ther is a new way,
Ill be the first in line!
It better work this time!"
 sheaday6
04-16-2002, 7:37 PM
three things to say:

1. You have to name the song name and band of the last lyrics posted before you can post your own.

2. In fact, Mallrats was Kevin Smith's worst movie (even he knows that)

3. You cant become the ruler of this forum because we're an anarcho-syndicalist commune.
 SyntheticGerbil
04-16-2002, 8:15 PM
There is no way you are going to fit into this forum with that "everyone cares about me" attitude, YT. If you pay attention you will find that most of the Sam and Max fans here are cynical bastards besides the fact that they have been on the scene so many years before you. Not to boast, just to tell it like it is.

I also have a feeling you didn't like Chasing Amy because it dealt with issues you don't understand.

And you are playing the forum game all wrong, I say!
 iisaac
04-17-2002, 6:21 AM
YT, you act like an autistic child, turn everyone against you, and you're oblivious to your surroundings. What's more, you like teen comedies and moronic humor.
BUT, you have premium choice in lyrics.
 Metallus
04-17-2002, 3:07 PM
And you wonder why people are reluctant to post here? Good grief.
 iisaac
04-17-2002, 4:35 PM
I never expressed amazement at why people fail to post here. It is because the regulars are a bunch of nasty sons of dogs. Not really, schmucks, read on. The situation calls for order. I didn't see this earlier, certainly not when I was in possession of STISH, but getting rid of the Miscellaneous forum would do the Sam & Max boards a lot of good. Its free-for-all atmosphere dampens inhibitions, and this behavior seeps into the other forums.

Getting rid of the Miscellaneous forum confronts us with putting all its posts somewhere else. I suggest dumping them on Mojo (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=185). Give the Mojo forum a new gist and solve SnM.net's toxic cognitive waste problems at the same time. It will work. I am not trying to create chaos and confusion. I am not undermining the forums' stability. All I am saying, is give the transfer a chance. (If you find this notion appealing, you must be a right-wing fundamentalist)
 sheaday6
04-17-2002, 8:05 PM
hey hey hey, slow down there buddy. I'm not mean at all, in fact i'm down right lovable. And to get rid of the Miscellaeous section of this forum would definitely kill it. DEAD. DECEASED. NO MORE. unless S&M2 did happen to come out, which (please god) it might.
 sheaday6
04-17-2002, 8:06 PM
let me refrase that last post:

DON'T GET RID OF "ANYTHING & EVERYTHING" ITS DOWN RIGHT FUN!
:monkey4: :elephant: :monkey4: :elephant: :monkey4:
 Skinkie
04-18-2002, 12:25 AM
Wait a minute... are you saying there are portions of these forums actually devoted to Sam and Max... Well I'll be
 Shmargin
04-18-2002, 4:23 PM
Yeeeeah, dont get rid of the misc forum, mainly cause it gives us a reason to post on a sam and max site. I mean, I honestly dont expect there to be any news on the cartoon show any time soon...News on new comic developments seem to be tiny itty bitty specs of nothing, where Purcell just says the name Sam or something in an interview, and as for the new game....Well.....We have that amazing concept art we can all discuss...Theres the game support forum, but uh, I think 98% of the people that are regulars here, beat that game several thousand times back when Windows 3.1 was around, and all you used it for was Solitair, and still were using ye old DOS commands to play your games...So uh...dont get rid of the misc section...

c:\
c:\d:
d:\
d:\setup

The good ol days...
 sheaday6
04-18-2002, 7:27 PM
amen
 Skinkie
04-19-2002, 7:34 PM
I still have a computer hooked up to run like that
 sheaday6
04-19-2002, 11:36 PM
i have a mac with a 300 mb hardrive
 SyntheticGerbil
04-22-2002, 7:19 PM
Nothing is wrong with freedom Isaac... it's people. If you think closing access will be the first step to ridding the world of conventional scum, then maybe you should consider that no matter where you go there is always someone who is barely hanging on the threads of intelligence. The best you can do really is kill their spirit in hopes that they will realize their mistakes. Pain = learning. Closed doors = closed minds.
 iisaac
04-22-2002, 7:58 PM
Take your cornershop bubblegum wisdom and stuff it into the post I never wrote with the intentions I never considered. Honestly.
Page: 1 of 2