Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

(RAVEN) Idea Time/Keep JK2 Alive!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 CheshireKat
04-02-2002, 3:08 AM
O.K. here goes.

Q3 and UT have been very sucessfull. The reason I still play Q3a is because all of the added Levels and Models for the Game.

So here we are in the Editing Forum, excited as hell to make stuff for this game...

What will we see first?

Probably a Vader or Darth Maul Model.
Followed by some sweet Levels, but where can we play our new proud creations. LAN?

How about online?

So what I'm proposing you do is have an official submission of Models, Skins, and Levels to Raven itself for Updates?

Raven could go through the submissions and decide for yourselves which of proffesional quality, and include them with updates so if we are good enough Modelers,Skinners, and Level Editors; we can see our stuff ingame online used by thousands of people.

Just an Idea, but I'm sure the Editing community would go nuts over it!!!

What better way to keep your game alive eh?
 Necro
04-02-2002, 8:58 PM
i don't think raven has the time to spend to go thru loads and loads of models/maps which 90% are crap or not up to their standards. What i think we need is a HL-style system, where the server doesn't have to have the files.
 JaNg0
04-02-2002, 11:28 PM
I like the Half-Life/Counter-Strike way myself.. That way everybody can have the skins they want..

:jango:
 Home_Sliced
04-02-2002, 11:56 PM
www.massassi.net) employs a user rating and comment system. It's not full-proof, but they make sure one person doesn't give their own mods a ton of perfect 10 votes.
 Hell Raiser
04-03-2002, 2:10 AM
Why not make it so that people can download stuff from the server in-game? Might be a bit of a hassle for 56kers, but downloading a level and skins from the server would insure 100% spiffyness. :)
 UniKorn
04-03-2002, 5:18 AM
It will put extra load on the servers => worse ping

Regards,
UniKorn
Mapper 4 Wired Lamp Studios
http://www.wiredlampstudios.com)
 Shaggy1984
04-03-2002, 6:53 AM
I agree in the whole idea of the optional content packs that UT and Q3 teams released. I believe it would be sensible if Raven chose to do the same thing. Although i think it a brilliant game, i think it can be made even better through optional content packs. However its their desicion.
Page: 1 of 1