Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Strategy Guide #1: Galak Fyyar (SPOILERS!!!)

Page: 1 of 1
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
03-27-2002, 7:12 PM
Galak's armor is designed to have 2 layers of defense. The outer shield is generated from a small antenna on the back of the armor that rises up and behind the helmet. The shield will deflect any energy blasts and will disrupt a thrown lightsaber. It is also very resistant to the lightsaber in general. It is, however, vulnerable to concussive (explosive) damage and will have to recharge for a while if it's taken down.

Now here's the trick: when the shield goes down, destroy the antenna to stop the shield from ever coming back up. If you don't, the shield will come up and you'll have to take it down again. Each time it goes down it takes longer to recharge.

The armor itself is the opposite of the shield. It offers only normal protection against energy blasts, but is highly resistant to concussive blasts and explosions. Is is laced with cortosis and so is also somewhat resistant to the lightsaber.

WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW: how to defeat him...

I've seen many tactics to defeat Galak. Some sit on the rafters and use a rocket launcher to take down the shield, then the sniper rifle to take out the antenna, others use the alt-fire of the flechette gun then force-speed when the shield goes down, run behind him and take out the antenna with the main fire of the flechette. There are a lot of different combinations you can use to beat him, so be creative.
 johndoe436
03-27-2002, 7:56 PM
i am stuck at the beggining of the shield generator level. after you kill the guard and the small walkers (at-pts) and cross over pipes and get key where does key go to?
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
03-27-2002, 7:58 PM
Originally posted by johndoe436
i am stuck at the beggining of the shield generator level. after you kill the guard and the small walkers (at-pts) and cross over pipes and get key where does key go to?

Actually, I answered that already in the other thread you posted in... in the future, you may get a faster response if you start a new thread with your question?

My answer:

Hmm, did you go *all* the way down to the bottom of that shaft and find the brown imperial with the security key? He was being guarded by a reborn or two.
 ls20
03-29-2002, 3:26 AM
have the key... have no idea where/how to use it :ewok:
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
03-29-2002, 3:57 AM
Originally posted by ls20
have the key... have no idea where/how to use it :ewok:

Keep looking. You really don't have to go far at all from where you got it to find where to you use it.
 troop
03-29-2002, 7:44 AM
ow, just posted this in another thread, while it belongs here.
sorry.
--

He's nasty.

But it's very easy to defeat him. (after some tries to roast him by
other means)
Stay close and block with saber, then slash inbetween his shots until the shield comes down. Lightning Force about 3 times and he goes down. Love null gravity..
 Orage
03-29-2002, 5:50 PM
Theres an easy way to kill Fyyar: lightsaber! Fyyar say that he's patient, proove him that a jedi is more patient. You give 2-3 good hit at his outer shield to make it go down them charge with your lighsaber! Ok, you will get some damage, after you give him a few hit you only have to go behind a column and recharge yourself (heal force) do that 3-4 times and hes down!
Page: 1 of 1