Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Stealth mission help please...

Page: 1 of 1
 DarkMeister
03-27-2002, 3:51 PM
Anyone know how to get past the room where you can turn out the lights on the imperials? I have my blaster out, not the saber, and crouch walk all the way around to the door, but one of the three officers standing close sees me as soon as I get near the door. If I open it, the guard behind the glass hit the alarm.

Any ideas?

Dark
 Sudsaroo
03-27-2002, 3:59 PM
Jedi Mind Trick them.
 wh|stler
03-27-2002, 4:01 PM
Hehe,

I asked the same question a few minutes before you did.

Suds,

I used the Jedi Mind Trick, but that's only useful after you've been detected so it gets difficult to pick everyone off.

Did you get past this part?

-) wh|stler
 DarkMeister
03-27-2002, 4:03 PM
Tried that, but they hit the alarm on my anyway. BUT I figured it out, dont walk straight up to the door. Hug the glass computer monitor thing in front of it, walk around to the side with the switch (where it is really dark), hit the switch and run in and quickly hit the switch for the next door.

Also seemed to help to not use the light amplifivation goggles so you can see the glow of the light coming from under the door.

Dark
 Sudsaroo
03-27-2002, 4:34 PM
I haven't gotten here yet.

I'm still stuck in this electrified room.
 wh|stler
03-27-2002, 4:59 PM
Suds, that was the most boring section of the game imo. Right after that it doesn't get much better, I'm referring to the big 'drive-train' room.

-) wh|stler
 Sudsaroo
03-27-2002, 5:27 PM
Any help getting out of this electrified room would be appreciated.
 wh|stler
03-27-2002, 6:04 PM
Hey Suds,

You in the first part of the electrified room? Or where are you?

Basically, use your force-speed to get past all of the lasers. If you're already using your force-speed the only other hangup I can think of is where you turn right and find a dead person in a hallway. If you're here, turn around and turn right again to continue down the hall.

You don't really need to turn right, I flew past that turn and made it all the way between electric blasts.

Hope that helps,

-) wh|stler
 Sudsaroo
03-27-2002, 6:52 PM
There aren't any lasers to speak off.

I just got into this room where the electricity when all messed up and got the floor. There is this big ass thing in the middle of the room that i can get in and get to the top.

I've killed everyone in the room, now I just need to shut the power off to the floor I think. But I can't go anywhere new.
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
03-27-2002, 8:45 PM
Originally posted by wh|stler
I used the Jedi Mind Trick, but that's only useful after you've been detected so it gets difficult to pick everyone off.

Actually, mind trick prevents you from even being detected in the first place.
 wh|stler
03-27-2002, 8:56 PM
Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

Actually, mind trick prevents you from even being detected in the first place.

Ahh, that was when I was a rookie.... yesterday. :)

I don't know if you caught my post about not doing what's intended in these situations, but the only way I could figure that part out was A) Alert the guards in the first section and fight them off as they go for the alarm and B) run like mad in the room with the guy behind the glass.

Any idea how LucasArts intended for these to be solved?

-) wh|stler
 wxcopy
03-27-2002, 9:18 PM
I am going to solve it with notarget and noclip. Fly through the air invisible to enemies. I just dont know where to turn off noclip to signal the end of the mission.

Missions like this totally spoil the game. If they want to increase the longevity of single player, add more maps.
 wh|stler
03-27-2002, 9:22 PM
Originally posted by wxcopy
I am going to solve it with notarget and noclip. Fly through the air invisible to enemies. I just dont know where to turn off noclip to signal the end of the mission.

Missions like this totally spoil the game. If they want to increase the longevity of single player, add more maps.

While I share your distaste for this mission, doesn't cheating tend to spoil things as well? :)

-) wh|stler
 Sudsaroo
03-27-2002, 10:59 PM
What's wrong with a little variety?
 WhackyChewBacky
04-15-2002, 10:02 PM
I also found this room difficult, but solved it by turning the lights out, moving to the far left of the ledge and using Force Speed and Jump to get past the group of officers and heading straight for the door.

That was about my 400th idea to get past that damn room. I hate it when you cant just kill everything (I guess i'd be a dark jedi :D )
 Pa3PyX
04-15-2002, 10:34 PM
I did that by switching off the lights, mindtricking the guy in the booth, then mindtricking the three officers near the door, then force jumping to the door and quickly getting past.

In the Cairn Reactor electrified room: There are two of them. One is where the switch is to turn off the reactor discharges in the corridor; there are a few "shelves" that lead to the door on top. There are lasers flashing periodically on each of the "shelves", so time yourself, jump on a shelf, then to the next higher and so on. When jumping on the uppermost one, you will need to crouch at the topmost point of the jump to pull your feet up.

The second one, the one you get into after riding the hovering platform which is derailed by a couple of stormtroopers, has some elevators. When you get to the very top of it, there will be a couple of officers and Reborn in that room; kill those; you will see a door which you can't open yet because you have no Security Key. Find the switch on one of the monitor panels; pressing it will power up another elevator at the bottom of the room. (You will need to take 2 elevators down to get there.) Ride that powered up elevator down, there will be another room with Imperial officers; kill them, one of them will have a Security Key. Ride the three elevators up and open the locked door; kill the stormtroopers across the bridge and proceed to exit the level.

Has anyone tried to kill the guy in the booth, with Force Grip for example (whether it works)?
 OkieDokie
04-15-2002, 10:44 PM
Oh boys, all this discussion and the answer still isn't clear. I did it first try. All you do is Mind Trick em' then you jump OVER them and run to the door, open it up and your away. None of this crouching and sneaking around. Just jump!
Page: 1 of 1