Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

deviant шbjectives and the transition to IRC

Page: 1 of 1
 dev-dex
03-20-2002, 1:06 PM
The hype has been growing amongst the jk1 community. A lot of us have moved from the zone to the magic world of IRC ( http://www.mirc.com) )

For about a month we have been creating a clan which basically has selected the top names from jk1 and assembled a team for jk2.

Such names as

Alchemist
Nighthawk
Genetix
Mat
Fuzzy
Dexcro
Monk3y
Pyrot3chnic

and several others to be added after launch.

This clan should pose to be excellent competition for the jedi knight ii community as well as the ladders/tournaments and such.

Only a small fraction of the JK community resides on IRC. With the release of jkii coming soon, and its similarities to other games such as quake iii, we should aim to change this. Scheduling such things as matches and/or scrims are way too difficult on the zone, IRC makes it so much easier for both parties. The quake 3 gaming community (which I and many others in this clan have been a part of) uses IRC as its main means of communication. Such clans as IRN, DSBR, and of course Deviant have made the transition to IRC. Talk to one of them about its use or hit us with any questions you may have. Trust me, its worth the change and will help to make this community as strong as the Q3, CS and UT communities have proven to be.

Thanks for your time,

dev-dex

http://www.team-deviant.net)
#deviant
irc.enterthegame.com
 dev-fuzzy
03-20-2002, 1:40 PM
Duh!

Agree 100%. This should also help keep the number of newbie clans down as only the top competitive clans will be using IRC to communicate.
 JaG|Kaiser
03-20-2002, 1:50 PM
Didn't you guys forget Merlin?

Well, the good thing about IRC is that it gives us all a meeting place without the intrusion of sysops. I saw the Tribes community develop through IRC, and it is still the main form of communication for the community.

As players come out of their newbie stage, I'd gather that they will then come to the hubs of the community. Whether the centers are around a ladder (like TWL), a shoutcasting organization (like TsN) , or around a community channel (#nar), the center will be in IRC.

I'm looking forward to the competition. A lot of ex-JK/T1/T2 players are coming back. It should be fun.
 WD_ToRMeNt
03-20-2002, 3:29 PM
LMAO!!! If you're clan is elite why are you cruising for members on the newbie populated jk2.net forums? Only a few known people post here and they all have thier own clans and plans.
 dev-dex
03-20-2002, 4:59 PM
if you would have stopped to read the post you would have seen that it was merely an attempt to spread the word about IRC.

The zone just wont cut it when it comes to clan communication.

Not an attempt to recruit. Sorry if it was in the wrong place.

dev-dex
 [TE]BiocYte[OO]
03-20-2002, 6:56 PM
Hey Dex!

Yes IRC is the bomb, our clan has been using it since Tribes and it is a great way to get together and meet.

Another good way is GSA Gamespy Arcade. Although the ads suck, it is a good way to get games going.

The Zone sux and has always sucked.

The JK2O League will have a irc room up and running. Hope to see you there.

http://jk2.wgaleague.com)

:)
 pyrot3chnic
03-20-2002, 8:10 PM
Originally posted by WD_ToRMeNt
LMAO!!! If you're clan is elite why are you cruising for members on the newbie populated jk2.net forums? Only a few known people post here and they all have thier own clans and plans.

Well, i have no idea who the hell you are, and you seem to be cruising these forums as the rest of us are...
So why dont you do us all a favor and drink this nice cup of shut the hell up.
Thank you.

dev-pyrot3chnic

www.team-deviant.net)
#deviant
ETG
 dev-Zach
03-20-2002, 8:17 PM
"cruising for members" ? yeah whatever Torment.
 JaG|Kaiser
03-21-2002, 9:46 AM
timmeh!
 BrainStorm
03-22-2002, 8:23 AM
WD_ToRMeNt, are there better JK II forums somewhere else?
Page: 1 of 1