Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

what are loom and the dig about?

Page: 1 of 1
 Skib
03-12-2002, 7:25 PM
What are Loom and The Dig about? I know they're supposed to be great games, but i'm a little curious now since I just bought them. (from lucasarts.com)

[Edit: Also, what about Zak McKracken?]
 Ender
03-12-2002, 9:45 PM
Loom is a very odd game. It's set in a time when civilization was divided into city-states of weavers, glass blowers, shepherds, clerics and blacksmiths. Your guild (the weavers) are failing, and you must use the magic of the womb to try and save the world.

In The Dig, it's your typical three astronauts, mysteriously transported... alien world... ancient, advanced civilization... sift through ruins... find technology to get home... :)
It's a fun game.

Zak McCracken is the second SCUMM game LucasGames made, just after Maniac Mansion. The storyline is a little hard to explain, but basically you play several different players. The Phone Company is ran by aliens who are on a mission from the King to send people terminally stupid by broadcasting singnals down to phone line... to make people dumb. yeah. dumb. um. and the king.. yeah, the king.. is behind it all. Yeah. Behind it all.

(game joke, you'll figure it out :)
Page: 1 of 1