Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi Outcast ladder/clan brotherhood

Page: 1 of 1
 IJM-Dragonfire
03-12-2002, 4:21 AM
#Usetheforce.net (http://www26.brinkster.com/useforce/index.htm)

check this site out, its one of Jedi Outcasts first and foremost ladders. they're going to be hosting tournaments, a ladder. and those clans that join also enter into an alliance with the others that have joined. after 5 clans have joined the following clans have to send in a join email to one of the webmasters.. most likely me. then the leaders of the clans already present there vote upon the entrance of said clan into the circle of brothers. its actually pretty cool. all hosted by a guy that goes by the name Binary_Fision on irc.enterthegame.com channel #usetheforce. he's hosted UT, Q3A, and i'm pretty sure even RTCW ladders.. check his site out here.
Proving Grounds (http://provinggrounds.com)

its a way for the JK/MotS community to inter-mingle and try to make new friendships.

i hope you take an interest and join up
 Legacy_QuEsT
03-12-2002, 10:40 PM
With all the new clubs/clans starting on the zone we need a way to promote our clubs/clans. What better way could this happen than by having at our fingertips the capability of contacting prospective members? By the shear presence of other clubs present in the channel, #UseTheForce also plays the duel role of helping our community progress as one and unifying our purpose of competative and fun gaming. It's a great way to meet people, make new friends, and recruit members to your clan. With all the features #UseTheForce offers you would be crazy to turn this opportunity down. I hope to see you guys in the channel and help me help you and make your JKO club dreams a reality.
 swooper
03-12-2002, 10:43 PM
sweet but i like being a bad guy so i might start a clan or gruop or what ever and swear to bring you guys down muwhahhahahahaahahahahahhaahahahaahahaahahaahahaha ahahahahaahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahaahhahahaah ahahahahahaahhaa takes breath hahahahhahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahaahahaahah ahahahaha dies from heart attack lol
 Obi-Wan X
03-12-2002, 10:53 PM
I don't like putting my time into a clan when I don't know as to where my skills lie :D
 Saient
03-13-2002, 12:01 AM
what Obi wan X said
 Legacy_QuEsT
03-13-2002, 12:08 AM
But you will soon find out that the close cramped server that we know as the zone puts everybody in close proximety. The real deciding factor of status in clans for JK2 is going to be personality more than skill. I guess i'm a little bias on this point anyway. I think clans should be based on excellent people rather than excellent button pressing skills. - just my opinion

:ewok: <-- I love my ewok
 NoodlyGod
03-13-2002, 12:35 AM
Agreed, that's what my clan was founded on. And I wound up with some cool friends that weren't the best CS players. And because I'm listening too it, I'd just like to say: Ben Folds is good stuff. Anywhoo, back to the clan stuff. I'm thinking about bringing SN back for JO but I don't know how many clan members will own it. (Of course, I'll have to force some of them to own it but I don't know where the rest live)
 Legacy_QuEsT
03-13-2002, 1:20 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOG|Wraith> so what exactly do you mean by host
FOG|Wraith> as in, you're hosting fog
Legacy_QuEsT> Host the channel - Co-host is a better explenation. #UseTheForce wants to host as many clans as it can (The clan leaders being the only people with ops). Our vision is to attract as many clans, leaders and members, to join and represent their clan for JK2. It's a great way to advertise one's clan for prospective members that join the channel and to create a 'family' of clans. We hope to achieve the duel purpose of advertising clans, creating a community of clans, and possibly being the easiest place to discuss issues that effect the JK2 community.
FOG|Wraith> oh, wait,
FOG|Wraith> if fog is now part of this thing, then we're only allowed to be on one ladder?
Legacy_QuEsT> The difference between what we hope to achieve and the zone is the zone is moderated by sysops. I feel and several others do as well that clan leaders should be in charge of moderating a community.
Legacy_QuEsT> hmm, I created the channel for the purpose I just described to you. Dragonfire seems to have incorperated some of his own ideas into the mold. explain about the ladder??
well, i think you'll find ETG in general to be a very large community
FOG|Wraith> "While being part of this clan alliance/hosting agency, you may only support one ladder. That ladder/tournament group is hosted by ProvingGrounds. This does not mean that you cant play in CWT tournaments. It means you are not allowed to join Cases or TeamWarfare's ladder. If you are caught doing so, your clan will be severely reprimanded.
FOG|Wraith> "
Legacy_QuEsT> hmm, i'll have to talk to dragonfire. It seems he is trying to entice Binary into actively participating in the channel by offering him some bait; overall 'diversity for more enjoyable gameplay' should be our main theme instead of 'restriction'.
FOG|Wraith> oh, and binary runs PG, got it
FOG|Wraith> well, fog isnt committed to any one ladder at all yet, and wont be for a while
FOG|Wraith> so i suppose its a non-issue for now
Legacy_QuEsT> don't worry about it. There are always going to be glitches in rules that are written late at night over a cup of coffee That's why we need suggestions and active participation from clans; for improvement on a good theme.
FOG|Wraith> ok heh
Legacy_QuEsT> :D
FOG|Wraith> well, im off to bed for now
*** [NDS]ReAcToR has quit IRC (Quit: (N|D|S) / (C|T|F) - Taking this 2 a new lvl.)
FOG|Wraith> ill tty tomorrow
Legacy_QuEsT> later, thanks for participating
FOG|Wraith> np
Legacy_QuEsT> It would be helpful if you posted what you just told me on the #UseTheForce forum.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody is allowed to critisize but for it to be constructive critisizm we need suggestions as well. Anybody have a suggestion on how to fix this problem?
 dev-logan
03-13-2002, 3:03 AM
legacy you represent the cancer of online gaming. your idea is retarded and not only are you stupid to the fact of JKO community but you are oblivious to the point of being an impartial admin of the channel. you ban people simply because they dont like you or becuase (like why you banned me) you are upset because you idolize them and they show you little or no appreciation for your love. Well legacy its time for you to grow up and to stop looking up to me its just a computer game man. get a life.

also use the force is retarded in that its the newbiest set of ideas ive ever come across other than maybe the idiots on this forum that think the concussion rifle was unfair or that force grip was unfair because they got raped too many times to enjoy playing.

#deviant
 Legacy_QuEsT
03-13-2002, 3:14 AM
If you martch right over to the use the force website you will find a few rules. We are copyrited under law and expect to portray a professional image that coincides with our members expectations. If you take a moment to reflect on what you just wrote the realization of why you were banned will suddenly dawn on you.

1.) "legacy you represent the cancer of online gaming. your idea is retarded and not only are you stupid to the fact of JKO community but you are oblivious..." I've seen enough.

#UseTheForce rules and guidelines

Clan UNITY:

A few worms can spoil a good apple! if somebody is promoting their clan by flaming another this behavior will not be tolerated. A kick will ensue and a reason will be given

Appropriate Conduct:

members are expected to be friendly, non-confrontational, and well behaved. Excessive cussing, "flaming" other clans, or any other inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. #UseTheForce is meant for Clan Advertising not Clan fighting and "flaming"!

"to the point of being an impartial admin of the channel. you ban people simply because they dont like you or becuase (like why you banned me) you are upset because you idolize them and they show you little or no appreciation for your love. Well legacy its time for you to grow up and to stop looking up to me its just a computer game man. get a life.

also use the force is retarded in that its the newbiest set of ideas ive ever come across other than maybe the idiots on this forum that think the concussion rifle was unfair or that force grip was unfair because they got raped too many times to enjoy playing."

You have your opinion :)
 dev-logan
03-13-2002, 3:22 AM
yes i do have my opinion in that proving grounds is a joke. have you even surfed the site? probably not you have been to busy jerking with dragonfire to actually see the big picture. when other REAL organizations are getting behind jko with their own leagues for example CAL - cyberathlete amatuer league, owned by that 800 pound gorilla CPL, you will just be shown for the newbies you are.

ya i see who is signing up for your league, dumbasses that dont know any better of what is going on.

OHNO DONT RESTRICT ME FROM PLAYING IN OTHER LEAGUES WITH GOOD PLAYERS provinggrounds is newbie its a piece of shat and so are you. now move along my padawan
 Legacy_QuEsT
03-13-2002, 3:27 AM
what does this have to do with #UseTheForce
 dev-Zach
03-13-2002, 3:28 AM
First off, if you people actually think competative clans will be playing on the zone, you are most likey mistaken. The only way the zone will be used is if they obtain lots of fast dedicated servers specifically for JK2. I highly doubt this will happen.

The zone will most likely be similar to MPlayer or HEAT.net for JK2. What I mean by this is it will have its very small community of newbie clans while the majority of clans/players will be on IRC using gamespy or some other server browser. This is exactly how it was for Quake 2 on the zone.

Secondly, many other established leauges/ladders have confirmed that they are picking up JK2 (CAL and CWN to name the top two, plus many more). With this in mind, I highly doubt that UseTheForce will see much competative play... I truly don't think there is a need for this ladder.
 Legacy_QuEsT
03-13-2002, 3:36 AM
You have outlined your viewpoint. You sound like you have some intelligible advise, and you should post it on the #UseTheForce forum where it belongs. In the meantime we will continue to gain members and pursue our purpose. If and at any time you are right you can always say, "I told you so". :)

Thank you for your worry about our channel. It has been noted.
 TigZy
03-13-2002, 3:38 AM
Mmm, some of the maturity levels in this topic are astounding.

Thankfully, this service is striving to bring back the community aspect, and the hopeful "***** about everyone else" aspect of the newer jk1 gaming scene can be avoided.

Bring up the maturity, dev-logan. I thought you people were more respectable than that.
 dev-Zach
03-13-2002, 3:39 AM
np
 dev-logan
03-13-2002, 3:48 AM
(edit-Gonk- no slandering)
 TigZy
03-13-2002, 3:58 AM
Originally posted by dev-logan
(edited by gonk)

Well, you definitely have a stable plan for getting yourself banned quickly. Do you plan on bringing any factual evidence to oppose legacy's idea, or are you simply going to bring out petty insults in an attempt to make us "see sense"?
 GonkH8er
03-13-2002, 4:01 AM
keep that up logan, and he's right... you will be banned.

settle petal...
 IJM-Dragonfire
03-13-2002, 7:16 PM
if i'm not mistaken.. Proving Grounds (http://provinggrounds.com) , the ladder/tournament host backing #Usetheforce is hosting a dedicated server for JKO. #Usetheforce is NOT a zone organization of clans, nor do we endorse the MSN Gaming Zone or any other Webpage based gaming server. if you wanna talk fast dedicated servers, ProvingGrounds/#Usetheforce WILL have them on T-Lines.
 Legacy_QuEsT
03-14-2002, 1:31 AM
#Dev IRC channel

Legacy_QuEsT> I thought you might want to say something since you've been doing some mad responding to all my messages on the lucas arts forum. :)
<Legacy_QuEsT> whatsup?
<[BoC]NiGhTmArE> who are you
<dev-nighthawk> hi iron
<dev-nighthawk> thrash
<dev-thrashy`blt> ?
<dev-nighthawk> we will add you to the page tomorrow
<dev-nighthawk> MORGEN!
<dev-thrashy`blt> ok
<dev-nighthawk> provide pyro
<Legacy_QuEsT> hmm, well if you don't have anything to say. Good luck with JK2 :)
 Redwing
03-14-2002, 1:38 AM
Wow, what an interesting conversation. :p ;)

My -$.02: Someone who talks about how he rapes people with a concussion rifle is generally a resentful, ostracized (or formally ostracized) newbie :D

Just a little pattern I've observed ;)
 DeathBoLT
03-14-2002, 12:45 PM
hmm legacy no one in that chat log has posted here on the forums...
 IJM-Dragonfire
03-14-2002, 8:20 PM
no db, no one in the chat has posted. the point of going to that channel was to find genetix. it seems has if he and his friends believe that we plan on hanging out in the small community based Jedi Knight II rooms hosted on the zone. genetix, we dont limit ourselves to things that small. we are not the type to sit in a dead game room and chat about how we 'raped' people over the years and how totally 'elite' we are at a game. we dont marvel over our own self and the only thing we were ever good at which happened to be a video game hosted on a site for life living rejects. since legacy, myself, and all the other participants of the #Usetheforce community aren't like that, that leads me to believe that someone on this forum is. its uncalled for, for you to get upset at some of us getting organized with one of the top and most known ladders in Unreal Tournament for Jedi Knight. if you cant handle the community that plans on playing Jedi Outcast, then why dont you stay in narshadda and tell the newbies about how good you used to be like you have for the past 4+ years.

I am the best nf gunner of all time - Genetix/Logan

lets marvel over our own self a little more after being caught cogging a game that means so much to you, yet so little to others.

my point is hence made.
http://usetheforce.n2v.net)
 DeathBoLT
03-14-2002, 10:24 PM
it seems has if he and his friends believe that we plan on hanging out in the small community based Jedi Knight II rooms hosted on the zone.

was this an assumption made by mistake or are you just adopting legacy's debate style of pull 'facts' out of your ass as you go?

genetix + mat said nothing even remotely resembling a suggestion that the community should be on the zone. they just merely commented how your irc community is ****ty.

we are not the type to sit in a dead game room and chat about how we 'raped' people over the years and how totally 'elite' we are at a game. we dont marvel over our own self and the only thing we were ever good at which happened to be a video game hosted on a site for life living rejects. since legacy, myself, and all the other participants of the #Usetheforce community aren't like that, that leads me to believe that someone on this forum is.

Listen, you can sit here and bull**** just about everyone on this forums who don't even know who the hell you are, but anyone who knows you isn't buying it. Legacy is everything you just described and then some, and you're not that far behind him.
 dev-logan
03-14-2002, 10:28 PM
<3 db
 Legacy_QuEsT
03-15-2002, 3:00 AM
Next year I’ll be going for my BA in political science at a prestigious college. What do you have to offer except…

hmm legacy no one in that chat log has posted here on the forums...

A sentence fragment. An amateurishly stiffly constructed sentence with no clear purpose; clearly posted with the intention of raising some question to the validity of what I had just said. That would have been nice and everything if by proving your point you had proved something important and conclusive.

"Hmm, Legacy. No one in that chat log has posted, here, on the forums." - Correct Punctuation

"Hmm, Legacy. None of the people in your chat log posted on this thread." - Correct Grammar - Coherence

"(H)mm(,)(L)egacy(.) (N)o one (Who is no one? relating or defined by what characteristics?) in that chat log (which chat log) posted (no one posted what? who? why? when?) (,)here(,) on the forums(What forums? Do you mean this thread? Nobody has posted on the Lucas Arts forums?)(.)" -- Edited

was this an assumption made by mistake or are you just adopting legacy's debate style of pull 'facts' out of your ass as you go?

genetix + mat said nothing even remotely resembling a suggestion that the community should be on the zone. they just merely commented how your irc community is ****ty.

Listen, you can sit here and bull**** just about everyone on this forums who don't even know who the hell you are, but anyone who knows you isn't buying it. Legacy is everything you just described and then some, and you're not that far behind him.

All I see is a lot of garbage and personal insults. You’re like a baby throwing a tantrum because somebody stole your candy.

Who are you?!? Why should anybody listen to you or even consider you an equal?!? What do you offer to the JO community - nothing. Instead of trying to destruct what other people are attempting to create and becoming a pest you should be mutually promoting our (and everybody else's) efforts to create a ‘funner’ experience for everybody.

If this is about #Nar, which I can tell it is because your coming into our channel and breaking every channel rule written then whining about being banned, you should look at yourselves for making a stupid channel. What does it help the JO community if you have a JO channel that's impartial to the hosting clans (JaG) and you promote or tolerate racism? What exactly do you guys offer to the JO community? It's like you want us all to come sit in your channel just for the sake of sitting there except were going to be subject to your immaturity (which the 3 of you, deathbolt, logan, and zack) have already demonstrated in response to the messages on this thread.

For a few steps and guidelines on your role go here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33962)
 TigZy
03-15-2002, 3:30 AM
The legacy hath spoken.
 Binary
03-16-2002, 1:23 PM
First of all, thanks to the UseTheForce folks for their support.

Let me just clarify that I'm not the webmaster of Proving Grounds, but I'm the Director of Unreal Tournament Operations (and also the Director of Jedi Knight 2 Operations) there as well as a Site Admin. The other two Site Admins are the developers/webmasters (Jalis and Keltic).

Also, I didn't help with the creation of the rules of UseTheForce but again I appreciate their support.

If you have any questions regarding PG, please contact me.
 SaGE_Xagatyn
03-16-2002, 2:25 PM
Dudes, cool it! And chill at this exellent channel #UseTheForce Legacy and Dragonfire has setup, hosted by clanleaders.. + this great upcoming JK2 community site. http://usetheforce.n2v.net/) , connect to the channel #UseTheForce on the ETG network, you can use irc.enterthegame.com , you can prolly get a mIRC client at www.mirc.com) if you don't have one. Just give it a chance.. it's a cool place to hang out.

With Honor,
SaGE_Xagatyn
 BR_Spyder
03-16-2002, 3:36 PM
hey leg. Glad to see your still hanging around =) If I find the members of BR we'll join your channel :) btw awesome website, if you guys ever need any help just ask me.
 Legacy_QuEsT
03-16-2002, 5:28 PM
Hey, it's been a while. What brings your kind back to the zone? :D Thanks for the comments.
 DeathBoLT
03-16-2002, 7:45 PM
A sentence fragment. An amateurishly stiffly constructed sentence with no clear purpose; clearly posted with the intention of raising some question to the validity of what I had just said. That would have been nice and everything if by proving your point you had proved something important and conclusive.

"Hmm, Legacy. No one in that chat log has posted, here, on the forums." - Correct Punctuation

"Hmm, Legacy. None of the people in your chat log posted on this thread." - Correct Grammar - Coherence

"(H)mm(,)(L)egacy(.) (N)o one (Who is no one? relating or defined by what characteristics?) in that chat log (which chat log) posted (no one posted what? who? why? when?) (,)here(,) on the forums(What forums? Do you mean this thread? Nobody has posted on the Lucas Arts forums?)(.)" -- Edited

thanks for confirming that your chat log was completely irrelevant.

If this is about #Nar, which I can tell it is because your coming into our channel and breaking every channel rule written then whining about being banned, you should look at yourselves for making a stupid channel.

how can I have broken every channel rule and gotten myself banned from your channel WITHOUT HAVING EVER SPOKEN A WORD IN IT? It's got nothing to do with Nar beyond my pointing out your blatant lies.

What does it help the JO community if you have a JO channel that's impartial to the hosting clans (JaG) and you promote or tolerate racism? What exactly do you guys offer to the JO community? It's like you want us all to come sit in your channel just for the sake of sitting there except were going to be subject to your immaturity (which the 3 of you, deathbolt, logan, and zack) have already demonstrated in response to the messages on this thread.

We've put a FAQ on our channel explaining, to anyone who doesn't realize Legacy is full of ****, the purpose of our channel. Of course if you know Legacy outside of these forums and haven't suffered repeated traumas to the head with a blunt object, you've already figured out that Legacy is pulling this all out of his ass.
 GonkH8er
03-16-2002, 8:08 PM
Everyone calm down and get back on topic.... or this thread is goin bye bye.....
 Kurgan
03-16-2002, 9:04 PM
I'm with GonkH8r on this one I'm afraid... this isn't the "Clan Flaming Forum"
 Legacy_QuEsT
03-16-2002, 9:05 PM
Does this chat log have people in it that posted on this forum?

Legacy_QuEsT> nice info.txt. I wonder where you got the idea to create a website for your IRC channel.
mikestg> shut the **** up
dev-zach> lol
Legacy_QuEsT> smile, your about to get your picture taken
mikestg> no
mikestg> no im not
mikestg> and i told you to shut the **** up cracker

I have to rub my eyes, contimplate for a moment and realize we're dealing with juvenile delinquints with no self respect or respect for other people. Your lies are NOT convinsing and your personal insults are unnatractive. I waste my time replying to your messages and I am not absolutely sure if it needs to be done because I have faith that this community has more sense then to listen to your "WAAA WERE LOSING MEMBERS BECAUSE HE HAS A COOL CHANNEL WITH REAL PEOPLE INSTEAD OF LITTLE 12 YEAR OLD ****S WHO HAVE A LIFE"ing. If it is unclear how you are wasting my time i'll explain it to you point by point at your level. *falls down a cliff and see's u, "hi there guys what did you do today in 2nd grade. I pulled somebodies hair!" *

I requisted that gonk come here and remove your message.

1) thanks for confirming that your chat log was completely irrelevant.

The point of the chat log was clear. To give this community a sense of your snobbish indifference to face to face talking and the real purpose of your messages were to "flame" our channel to promote your own #NAR.

2.) You're channel promotes racism, immaturity, impartialness, and rudeness. Your actions have been reported to the ETG network; it is in their hands.

3.) QUOTE]We've put a FAQ on our channel explaining to anyone, who doesn't realize Legacy is full of ****, the purpose of our channel. Of course if you know Legacy outside of these forums and haven't suffered repeated traumas to the head with a blunt object, you've already figured out that Legacy is pulling this all of his ass.[ [/QUOTE] First of all, before OUR channel was created you never had a web site for your channel. You come into OUR channel, steal OUR copyrited ideas, and advertised them.

Racism - a large one, one which does not need to be explained. The line between what can be considered racism has blurred over the last couple of years, and in #nar, we like to think we are at the very least, a little liberal...

You wasted the time of your finger movement of copying and pasting from our rules. Your channel does not promote racism? I was cussed out and called racial slurs while the person you are defending in this message laughed and the ops did nothing and 10 minutes later are doing nothing. I've seen enough, KID!

4.) quote:
If this is about #Nar, which I can tell it is because your coming into our channel and breaking every channel rule written then whining about being banned, you should look at yourselves for making a stupid channel.
how can I have broken every channel rule and gotten myself banned from your channel WITHOUT HAVING EVER SPOKEN A WORD IN IT? It's got nothing to do with Nar beyond my pointing out your blatant lies.
Lacking the intelligence to understand my post does NOT give you license to post a response! I am convinsed that you are just acting pedantic and childish, in an attempt to waste mine and this community's time.

Now pay attention this time.

you ban people simply because they dont like you or becuase (like why you banned me) you are upset because you idolize them and they show you little or no appreciation for your love. - dev-logan

If you martch right over to the use the force website you will find a few rules. We are copyrited under law and expect to portray a professional image that coincides with our members expectations. If you take a moment to reflect on what you just wrote the realization of why you were banned will suddenly dawn on you. - my response

Now I will define "they" so you can understand what it means. "They" is a more than one person. Do you understand? They - You and the rest of your 2 friends that came here to "destroy" our channels advertising. All you have managed to do is show everybody how #Nar is unprofessional, childish, racist, and wasting all of our time. I am sure that now it is CLEAR to ANYONE on this board that you and YOUR channel represent the viral INFECTION of the zone and this community! Take a hike kid, your not annoying me like you tried to do your only strengthening my fatherly skills so when I have kids I'll know how to discipline them.
 Kurgan
03-16-2002, 9:10 PM
Alright, well if you guys wish to discuss this further, please do so via private email or on another site's forum. Thanks...
Page: 1 of 1