Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

"Soccer" Shirt

Page: 1 of 1
 elTee
03-08-2002, 4:05 PM
I just saw the new LEC company store merchandise - a "soccer" shirt. It's cool, but I gotta say: ITS FOOTBALL!!
Hey, UK people, have you seen that brillinat ITV Digital advert where they go to the USA and ask people what there favourite football teams are, and this on guy goes "You mean soccer?" cos the guy who asks him is from England, and then the voice over man goes "NO! FOOTBALL YOU SISSIES!" Or something like that? It rocks.
"ITB DIGITAL - THE NEW HOME OF FOTTBALL!"
 Wossname
03-08-2002, 4:31 PM
There are many games around the world called football, yet most of them consist of carrying the ball around in your hands most of the time.
 itsgood2slide
03-08-2002, 5:04 PM
ehh, monkey!
 Huz
03-08-2002, 5:55 PM
'oo are you an' what 'ave you done wi' munkeh?

Nice advert, shame about the product.
 1.21 Jigawatts?
03-10-2002, 3:51 PM
Originally posted by Wossname
There are many games around the world called football, yet most of them consist of carrying the ball around in your hands most of the time.

No,
i most countries Football is used to describe the sport of "soccer".

In fact every country I have been to except Canada or U.S.A seems to apply to this.
 MrManager
03-10-2002, 7:26 PM
With that said, Europeans actually came up with the name "soccer", not Americans. It'd be sorta confusing having two sports called football after all.
 elTee
03-11-2002, 10:24 AM
The point is not how many countries use the word soccer, its that football was invented before anyone invented american football, or australian rules football, so therefore it is the proper name for the sport. It is ignorant americans who despise the british who say "we're calling our sport football, even though yours was called football first, and you primarily use your feet, whereas we run around with it in our hands." It was probably the same person whe decreed that americans should drive on the other side of the road. Besides, those american footballers think that they're so hard... rugby is almost the same sport, except the players don't wear huge layers of armour and helmets. In fact, American football must be called that to detract attention from the fact that its a sissies version of rugby...

"Silence of the Monkeys!"
"Greaht! Whens it on?"
"Tonight..."
"Ahh!!!"
 Wossname
03-11-2002, 6:58 PM
And to get a touchdown, you only have to run over the line, and not touch the ball down at all. (Whereas in Rugby, you do have to touch down the ball, but the result is only a try, and not a success)

Frankly, all sports suck except those involving robots.
 Metallus
03-11-2002, 7:08 PM
Whatever it's called, it's boring.
 QueZTone
03-12-2002, 4:47 AM
but on topic: i think the shirt, r0x0rs!! I want it! Why arent there any international online stores that host lec games/merch :( *sniffle* "here we go again" :( booohooo
 elTee
03-15-2002, 6:37 AM
You mean you think football is boring?!?!? Or are you talking about American Football?
 BooJaka14m
03-16-2002, 2:32 PM
The English (proper and best) version should be called Football and the American version should be called something else. It makles a lot more sense. Why the hell is American Football called Football anyway?
 Trapezoid
03-16-2002, 10:30 PM
I guess I agree too, America should've avoided confusion and went with another name. More specifically, however, I don't give a damn. Calvinball is the only sport worth my attention.
 Darnn
03-17-2002, 7:14 AM
What's that?
 Prinity
03-17-2002, 10:27 AM
 BooJaka14m
03-17-2002, 10:36 AM
On a slightly different note, Gaelic Football's prety cool too.
 Darnn
03-18-2002, 5:24 AM
Wow.
I have to read Calvin and Hobbes.
 Prinity
03-18-2002, 2:33 PM
Originally posted by Darnn
Wow.
I have to read Calvin and Hobbes.

Yes, you do.

http://calvinandhobbes.com)

Start waaaay back at the beginning and work your way forward.
 MrManager
03-18-2002, 4:25 PM
Page: 1 of 1