Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Clan Forum- Lets talk about the great clans

Page: 1 of 1
 DE_Jedi316
03-08-2002, 1:27 PM
Hey hey guys this is my first post on these forums because I am bored and thought I might start an interesting discussion.
Since JK2 is almost upon us I thought why not look back to the good old days of JK and talk about either some of the memories that we have of events or old clans.
Thought we could split this discussion into two parts:
1st- Everyone share a moment that they remember either from old schoo jk or even some recent events.
2nd- Whats you opinion on who were the best players/great clans of the old jk days. Or who you think ruled the ladder or who rules the zone right now(narbie newbies *opps did I say that*)

Ya so there you go guys lets have some fun with this.

You can find me on
http://boards.gamers.com/messages/overview.asp?name=darkempireforever)
 DE_Jedi316
03-08-2002, 1:51 PM
Ya so I thought I might as well start off this little subject with one of the moments that were hiding in the back of my mind.
Even though I was in the 316 Clan when EA was wooping ass, me and Reg always talked and I loved to check out their calender and see who they were gonna woop next.
Well anyway, the big game between EA and KRT was on the calender and it was almost like the whole zone wanted to find out who was going to win. I came on and the game was over and I asked nar "well who the **** one!" and it was EA, it was unbelievable because of course KRT had never been beaten in offical battles until that day. Great moment in JK history.

As for great players/ clans, I still have to say that the two greatest clans on the zone were EA and KRT and as for the best player......oo thats me! lol

post more boyz
 SithSeeD
03-08-2002, 2:51 PM
Jedi... about time you posted something on these forums.

My favorite time in JK was in DE. Dark Empire. Greatest clan that ever existed, and I was proud to have co-founded it. The prime of DE was when we had 13 people in the top 20 of Cases Ladder.

Ah memories. I remember one game in particular. I believe it was myself, Jedi316 , DeathDekon and a few others. An ip game on the zone. So basically it was just us having a ffa, then a few newbies joined the game. Not to make fun of these 'less experienced' players... but we destroyed them... it was sad... we made fun of them when they couldn't make the cliff jump in BGJ, and when they blamed their losing on lag. hehe the good old days.

Just one of many funny memories I have.

Dark Empire has returned for Jedi Knight II. Newbies ? Are you ready to get the crap kicked out of you again ? hehe

SithSeeD : Jediknightii.net staffer and pround member of Dark Empire.

"Cry Havoc, and let slip the Dogs of War."
Marcus Antonious , from Julius Caesar
 Vanion VDS
03-08-2002, 4:57 PM
yes, we are
 Justus
03-08-2002, 5:01 PM
Hard for me to pinpoint just one event in JK, there are so many that it's hard to remember specific moments that are memorable. I guess my first memorable moment would be playing the demo before JK was released, I remember playing the Bespin demo level with a few guys, and we were all shocked by the lighting effects that the sabers emmitted when clashing together... at the time we thought it was awesome.

The best old school clans that I liked, one was JKE (Jedi Knight Elders), the original Element was quite fun to play with... I was with another group of guys in a clan called WRB (Warblade) and even though they weren't the best clan, they were some of the best people to play with ever.
 Eternity
03-08-2002, 5:40 PM
Sithseed: that signature is HUGE. :eek:

I never really liked JK, believe it or not. It's going to be funny when you harcores get a rude awakening when your 'phat skills' don't work in a brand new game. :p
 Millions o' Monkeys
03-08-2002, 6:05 PM
yeha sithseed if the policy round here still remains...you may want to shrink that sig a little.

ahh i remember SE sith empire...was a very elite clan for about a week
 Kurgan
03-09-2002, 7:32 AM
Picking the "best clan" was like picking the best comic book character, there were too many choices, and everybody had their favorites (usually the people in them were kind of partial to their own clan). ; )

As to memories.. got lots of 'em... here's a few random ones:

Racking up kills with the traps in JK (bespin's "suction" forcefield trap, the detonator traps in Nar Shaddaa, etc).

Getting killed by the Lightning Trap in Canyon Oasis the first time I ever played it (lol).

Crushing people beneath elevators too many times to mention.
; )

Creative uses of mines... leaving stacks of about 20 or so for people to find, stuck to powerups, and on elevators (going up?). Sabotaging those "fire barrels" by the TD traps in Nar Shaddaa <eg>

Finding the secret rooms in all the LEC levels.

Sniping people in Reactor in MotS.

Using "custom sabers" in MP games and seeing all the cool combinations.

Many great KFY games in MotS (what a rush!).

Discovering the counters to all the "cheap" powers and weapons. (ex: using protection on super grip users and laughing at them)

Going through the secret passage in Blades of Death (and having newbies try to follow you but getting caught by THE FAN).

Going nuts with the powerboost and just about any weapon (but especially the ST Rifle).

Having "secret teams" in the early deathmatching days ("nod your head" as you go by your buddy to hunt the other players).

Playing as a shield belt and hiding by the shield pickups in Canyon Oasis (okay, borderline cheating, but it was funny, and we left after people figured it out).

When a group of us who played together got Lt. Stoopid (great player back then) to think we were holding a "clan tryout" for him and we all ganged up (he did pretty well by himself actually).

Discovering the thrills of the "disciple" rank.

Reading and contributing to Hiss's Rebel Strategy Station (we miss you Hiss!). He was a great player, though a few times he was so lagged he was untouchable (lag+skill).

Using Force Jump/Speed to get to the "Crow's Nest" (what we called the sniper bunker with the conc) in Canyon Oasis from across the level; getting to the top of the cargo ship in Battleground Jedi (then trying to get back down).

Using Kicker Helper to piss off cheaters. ; )

Using Force Far Sight in MotS to survive incredible falls (to the amazement of all).

Mass fist fights in the Valley of the Jedi Tower.

Creative uses for the carbonite gun and force push. ; )

Many great CTF games... ; )
(guarding the flag alone, cutting down attackers left and right with my saber.. finally being overwhelmed.. help team!!)

Many great one on one saber duels...

Ah.. memories.
 DE_Jedi316
03-09-2002, 4:52 PM
*to muchhhhhh*
lol
u had some time on ur hands :)
 Cracken
03-09-2002, 8:28 PM
Kurgan, I really loved the mine trick, especially in the elevators on Bespin. I remember when AOTL first came out for MOTS, and thinking it was the best thing ever. Then it quickly lost appeal when newbies starting asking stupid questions: why can't I change skin? How do I play? ugh.
 JaG|Kaiser
03-09-2002, 8:48 PM
Getting my ass handed to me with JEV_Krypt against KRT_Avalanche and KRT_MrWiz in FF guns

Having massive free-for-alls with the JEV guys

Smurfing with Thunda and playing nf guns against newbie clans

Dueling with KARMACOMA.. some of the most fun I've had

Swingers

Ironman competition when I beat DH_Alchemist in sabers nf cave BGJ.. he was VERY frustrated

being accepted into JAG (I owe it all to D00PY_L00PY)

finding out that JaG_Julie was a guy ( err... is)

Dueling with the IRN guys

Playing CTF with Exedore, Goon, Burrell, SLJ guys

Restarting JaG with Thunda, and FINALLY bringing in Fleury...

We kicked MiDKnighT from the clan some time later.....

As far as the best clan is concerned: IRN, KRT, EA, JAG/JaG have had some of the best players to play the game. Did any one of those teams dominate? No way. When one team was strong in one area, they were weak in others. A number of members of those clans had been in the others, e.g. ReaLisTik was in JaG then IRN, KoRaX was in EA then JaG, General Patton was in EA then IRN, so I guess I am saying that a lot of the talent shifted around.

I'd have to check with Fleury, so forgive my ignorance, but I never heard of DE.
 DE_Jedi316
03-11-2002, 5:50 PM
Never heard of DE!!!!!! OMGGGGGGGGGGGG
Nah bro hehe well I was _316_Jedi and then Koaj_Jedi316 then DE_Jedi316
But ya Jag was sort of inactive when we stepped onto the scene, I am an old schoo playa but by no means is DE.
We ruled the ladder, but the only Jag boyz i ever saw on in the DE says were flury and mmxman heeh.
 JaG|Kaiser
03-12-2002, 11:12 AM
I remember 316. I think you guys were getting started when a lot of us were leaving for Tribes. I asked around about DE. Someone said it was a sabers clan, or something like that. Oh well, see you in JK2.
Page: 1 of 1