Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Gmax

Page: 1 of 1
 Kx_Dra_Sycdan
02-15-2002, 8:39 AM
i have only gotten passed the basics of it so far but i have to say that this is a really great editing tool.

does anybody know if it will be compatible with JO?

-Kx
 Roger
02-15-2002, 2:15 PM
Didn't have the time to really get into it yet, but you can voice your opinion at the gmax site and let them know you're interested in having a JO package.

Check it out here:
http://www.discreet.com/products/gmax/gmax_index.html)
 Kx_Dra_Sycdan
02-16-2002, 8:55 PM
thnx
 UniKorn
02-18-2002, 2:34 AM
gMax supports the quake3 engine. So even if you wouldn't be able to directly import them from gmax it shouldn't be too difficult to convert them to jk2.
 Kx_Dra_Sycdan
02-19-2002, 8:16 PM
Unless they do make Gmax compatable with JO then it would be much easier to learn just Radiant as opposed to learning both, although i am really into Gmax.
 UniKorn
02-20-2002, 9:58 AM
I suggest you use gmax for modelling and not for level editing.
 JediMastyre
02-26-2002, 12:43 PM
I don't think you can create models in GMax unless you have the full developers version. I think you can only edit exhisting ones with the free version.

At least this is what I thought I read and why I shyed away from it. If you know other wise...let me know 'cause I would rather use GMax in general.

Also...I am a coder anyway and have never messed with the Q3 source...does anyone know of where I can get some source based tutorials or start up guides or something.

Thanks
 UniKorn
02-27-2002, 3:49 AM
for code :

http://www.planetquake.com/code3arena)

and yes, you can create models from scratch in gmax.
 JediMastyre
02-27-2002, 10:12 AM
well cool...thanks!!!

I will definately start with GMax for models then. Thanks a bunch for the link. I have it bookmarked so I can get back.

Very Cool..

JediMastyre
Page: 1 of 1