Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

It's Official: NO editor to Ship with Jedi Outcast!

Page: 1 of 1
 Wilhuf
02-04-2002, 6:08 PM
But tools will be available post-publication, as an unsupported release.

Had you worried, didn't I?

19. Will Jedi Knight II be shipped with a build in map creator/editor?
Those tools will not ship on the CD, no. However, Unsupported tools will be available post-release.

From Fragoff.net's JK2 Interview (http://www.fragoff.net/reviews/2/102-24-2132/p-1/) with Kenn Hoeskstra and Brett Tosti.
 wolf359
02-05-2002, 3:00 AM
i can't say i'm suprised. EF was the same. the tools came out a little after the game. it will be possible however to start making maps with the tools already out there. it's just that any new surfaceparms etc won't be available until they release the tools.
 Anakin
02-05-2002, 5:46 AM
Well Im just glad there is going to be some edditors :)
Makes My life easier.
 UniKorn
02-05-2002, 1:14 PM
That is quite normal that they are released later on mate ;)
 JPMaximilian
02-05-2002, 4:48 PM
Is Quake III Radiant a good program to practice with for JO?
 Wilhuf
02-05-2002, 7:25 PM
That is quite normal that they are released later on mate
Yes, releasing an editor after publication is quite normal. But it is not normal for LEC.

Is Quake III Radiant a good program to practice with for JO?

I'm sure Radiant will be good practice. Raven are using a form of Radiant for game development. EFRadiant would probably be the best kind of 'practice' for you at this stage. See our Radiant Editor Resources and Links (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23998) thread for links to Radiant tutorials, software, and more.
 UniKorn
02-06-2002, 3:55 AM
I suggest you try gtkradiant. Better program.
 Anakin
02-06-2002, 5:10 AM
Dooby Dodododoo
Hopefuly some plugins to export models too me hopes :)
Page: 1 of 1