Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JO Mod, need staff.

Page: 1 of 1
 James
02-01-2002, 11:23 PM
I am going to be creating a mod for Jedi Outcast. The MOD will be a team combat game like Medal of Honour, RTCW, Day of Defeat, and Counter-Strike. Just that it will be the Rebel Alliance against the Empire, but with new stuff ofcoarse.

I am in desperate need of a team though. So far I have someone who will be making a webpage and I have two people that will be mapping for me. So as you can guess I need a lot of people, Coders, Sound Editors, Skinners, Modelers, and webpage designers.

The game won't be out for a month or so, so I have plenty of time to finish planning. So if anyone is interested in this kind of mod, and want to be on the team, please email me (-james-@sympatico.ca). All team members get a say in what is implemented into the mod except Jedi, they are in the main game and won't be in my mod. Thanks for your time and I hope to see some people joining up soon.
 UniKorn
02-05-2002, 1:18 PM
It is always a good idea to write down the names of those who are in your team. It helps.
 James
02-05-2002, 5:27 PM
Webpage guy: Dark-Sith (webpage not up yet)

Mapper: Fred de Jong
Mapper: Marsbar
Mapper: Slayer1

Potential staff in the future:
Ben Banfield (might code in 3 or 4 months for me)
Argyle (when he gets JK2 and starting modding it)
The Eternal (I will know if he is onboard in 2 weeks or so)

That so far is who is on and might be on the team. As you can guess I need people. I am hoping I get a few more people before the game comes out.
 UniKorn
02-06-2002, 3:57 AM
Sorry, didn't make myself 100% clear i think :) Their name with some of their work, that way people will know the experience of the people working on it.
 Belgirion
02-10-2002, 8:58 PM
I can be a beta tester :D
 StephenG
02-11-2002, 2:12 AM
hey James, have u ever worked on a MOD b4? Just remember a MOD is really hard work and at first u may not succeed. If u haven't had any MOD experience b4 i suggest u get some b4 starting a whole MOD. btw, what will u be doing in this MOD?

can i be a beta tester too :)
 James
02-11-2002, 3:22 PM
Sorry for the delayed responses.
First to UniKorn: Most of the people I have listed are from the Elite Force community. They either submited skins to a skin site I went to, or they did some modding for other mods. I can't remember all the specifics though I am afraid. One guy did the coding for the Battle Grounds mod for Half-Life though, kinda a big change to go from Half-Life to Quake 3 though.

Belgirion: There is no team yet even. So the mod itself might not ever be made, I am still trying to get people together.

StephenG: Thanks for the tip Stephen, I have no experience. As for what I am going to do, right now I am learning a lot of computer lanuages. Visual Basic is what I am learning now, but I know I can't mod with that so I will be learning C++ in a few months when I am done with VB, so in a few months time I can do a little coding probably. I am also learning ASP, PHP and maybe CGI. I find these kinda easy so far so I might just make the webpage stuff unless DarkSith does. As for beta testing, once again not sure if the mod will make it out of planning stages yet (Which I hope it does because I have most of the weapons planned out, took a long time to get them).
 UniKorn
02-11-2002, 5:25 PM
Well I am in the ef mod community for quite a while and these names don't ring a bell sorry :(

First of all, if you wanna learn mod programing, drop vb right now. There is not a lot you can learn from it. Learn c++ and try to master object orientation. VB hardly has any OO in it, so it isn't of much use. ASP and Perl are fairly easy to get some nice looking effects. Don't underestimate the powers of these 2 scripting languages though, because I can tell you that there is a lot more behind it than you imagined (irl I am a web application developer)

Also, if you are the project leader of the mod, I suggest you focus on that, and do some of the other stuff just as a sidejob, not as a main job. Otherwise you'll be doing a lot of stuff yourself and you'll never see the end of it. Part of a mod project is being able to disbribute stuff and to leave some stuff for others as well ;)

These are no notes to discourage you, but to bring you on the right path. I have been in 2 efmods, with nice teams, but who turned out nothing because of lack of communication and other problems.
Page: 1 of 1