Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Windows 2000

Page: 1 of 1
 BooJaka14m
01-26-2002, 9:20 AM
I thought I'd play on this sudden outburst of Indy-lovers so I could rope you in here.

Anyhoo, here's my question. I've played it before (Well, I downloaded it and it was poor quality!) and I'm thinking about buying Indy FoA from Ebay. But I was wondering... does it work with Windows 2000? If not, is there a patch I can get or would I be cursed with owning the game and not being able to play it?
 telarium
01-26-2002, 11:18 AM
You'd be able to play it, I'm certain. Playing it with music and sound... that's another story. Windows 2000 and XP tend to make the MIDI sound a little weird... at least it does on my machine. I have yet to get digital audio to work, but I haven't spent a lot of time with it. If you can find a copy of SCUMMVm (a program that makes old LEC games run fairly well in a Windows platform) you could probably get the full experience. So if you don't mind playing the game with just text, I'd say go for it. It's an excellent, excellent game that every LucasArts fan MUST play.
 BooJaka14m
01-26-2002, 11:22 AM
I have played it before like I say (I only did one of the paths though) and, the thing is, one of the reasons I want to buy it is so that I can hear the music with it and so on. I guess I could try Sam & Max on this computer and see what happens there... Never thought of that.
 telarium
01-26-2002, 11:39 AM
Sam and Max isn't really much to judge by... it's the absolute worst game when it comes to sound problems. If you have Day of the Tentacle, I suggest trying that under Windows 2000, and give it a try in SCUMMVm. If it works for you, then Fate of Atlantis will most likely work as well.
 RappScallion
01-26-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by BooJaka14m
I've played it before (Well, I downloaded it and it was poor quality!) and I'm thinking about buying Indy FoA from Ebay.

I wonder what you mean by "poor quality". Because if it's the lack of music, I'm afraid the original game won't help you a lot.
 elTee
01-26-2002, 4:45 PM
FoA and Dott are the only two games I have that i can't run. At least my CD version of FoA has internal sound, cos its only the music that won't work. But thats Win 95...
 BooJaka14m
01-27-2002, 8:36 AM
Originally posted by RappScallion

I wonder what you mean by "poor quality". Because if it's the lack of music, I'm afraid the original game won't help you a lot.

By "Poor Quality" I mean that it kept crashing and Indy kept on disappearing from the screen and I couldn't move. It had a whole bunch o' bugs basically.
 Lemon Head
01-27-2002, 7:56 PM
I run win 2000 with all the updates and FoA runs A-OK
 BooJaka14m
01-28-2002, 11:21 AM
Cheers. All I've got to do now is figure out what settings my Sound Card has!
 1.21 Jigawatts?
01-31-2002, 2:49 PM
I had so much trouble getting sam and max sound setup properly in windows.
AAArgh.

The others are all pretty simple.
Page: 1 of 1