Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Xtra Levels

Page: 1 of 1
 Vader's Apprentice
12-17-2001, 5:33 PM
Will Raven be letting players create new levels and add them onto JKII with the use of Patch Commander once they've finished the game as well as the use of gob. files to give extra use to select weapons eg. Bryar Pistol get's Secondary Fire of Grappling Hook. It would be a tremendous bonus with the success of Patch Commander for JK being made into Patch Commander for JKII but I suppose it's up to Michael B. Klein and the resst of the Patch Commander Crew to do make it again.
 wardz
12-17-2001, 5:52 PM
hi there,

this is more for the modding forum. As yet we do not know if we will be allowed to edit the game. But I would look at WILHULF's forum as he has listed loads of resources for the Q3 engine..

This is the best I can say at the mo.

:(

wardz
 Executor32
12-17-2001, 6:07 PM
Since apparently you've never played a Quake 3-based game, I'll fill you in on the way mods work. With Q3-based games, mods work like they do in Half-Life. You install them into their own subfolder within the game's folder, and you either run them from a shortcut by editing the command line, or you select them in-game using the game's mod browser. That's why no one has, to my knowledge, made a Patch Commander-type program for Q3 or HL. Also, since JKII uses the Q3 engine it won't be using the GOB format, as that was exclusive to the Jedi Knight and Dark Forces engines. Instead, it will use the PK3 format, which is just the common ZIP format with a different file extension. In other words, you can edit the PK3 files with WinZip or another ZIP program. For this and other reasons, editing Q3 is a lot easier than editing JK. Doing something like a grappling hook secondary fire is child's play, and I wouldn't be surprised to find that mod the day the game comes out.
 digl
12-17-2001, 9:31 PM
Im almost sure the FAQ will be updated with some answers about editing (positive answers Im almost sure too:D) before the new year
 StormHammer
12-18-2001, 6:12 AM
Welcome to the forums, Vader's Apprentice. Hope you enjoy your stat. Here *hands over chocolate Jedi Medallion*. There you go. ;)

Now, I think you're likely to get more responses to this thread in the Editing forum, so I'm moving it there now...
 Emon1
12-18-2001, 10:38 PM
JO doesn't need Patch Commander, as said above. You select mods ingame. As for editability? I'm almost sure of it. They already confirmed they'll release JO Radiant for levels. Closing off the game from the mod world will absolutly KILL it. I think this is another reason why Obi-Wan was put on the Xbox instead of the PC. Not only was it a cheesy console like game, it wasn't editable AT ALL. I think LEC realized it wouldn't survive, so they sent it to the Xbox, and started up on Jedi Outcast.

My ideas why LEC put Obi-Wan to the Xbox and started JO:

-OB1 wasn't editable, AT ALL.
-OB1 sucks nuts, it's a terrible game, so I hear (yes, it's out), and many terrible games do good on consoles, like the TPM game.
-OB1 was just plain going downhill..they had their console developers working on a PC game.
-The engine sucked for OB1

-JO has a much better story, something PC Gamers really dig
-JO will (I assume) be 100% editable like other Q3 games.
-Raven has developers that put LEC to shame. What good games have the LEC developers made since JK? Nothing. Raven's Elite Force got like a 92% by PC Gamer, which is VERY hard to get. This is the same team working on Outcast (give or take a few people).

Okay, most of that probably didn't make sense and half you probably didn't read it, but that's okay :)

[/rant]
 digl
12-19-2001, 1:55 PM
JORadiant release confirmed?
I hope Its true but where did you read that?

You forgot one important point that casued OW failure
The glyph system turned out to be awful and made playing the game a pain
 jesseg88
02-21-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Emon1

-Raven has developers that put LEC to shame. What good games have the LEC developers made since JK? Nothing. Raven's Elite Force got like a 92% by PC Gamer, which is VERY hard to get. This is the same team working on Outcast (give or take a few people).
[/rant]
Force Commander, Galactic Battlegrounds, X-wing Alliance and MotS are all good.
 UniKorn
02-22-2002, 2:29 AM
You can always use GtkRadiant to edit Jedi Knight Outcast.
Page: 1 of 1