Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

GtkRadiant for Q3 based games

Page: 1 of 1
 jesseg88
12-13-2001, 7:00 PM
Can GtkRadiant B used for Q3 based games such as Elite Force and Jedi Outcast?
 ReAcToR
12-13-2001, 7:27 PM
I'm not sure if GtkRadiant can be used for Elite Force but I doubt it. What, if anything we're able to use for editing Jedi Outcast, remains to be seen. If you're looking for a tool to edit Elite Force, use efRadiant.

Download it here:

http://www.fileplanet.com/index.asp?section=1103&file=50612)
 ReAcToR
12-13-2001, 7:34 PM
More EF editing files that you might find useful...

http://www.fileplanet.com/index.asp?section=1103)
 Cmdr. Antilles
12-13-2001, 11:21 PM
You can use GTKRadiant for EF editing. You just need to first install the EFGDK, and then point GTKRadiant to the proper item definition files, and compile programs.

I personally think Raven's EFRadiant is the best for EF editing. And, I don't like GTK's GUI. Too "javaie" for me. ;)
 Oreckel
12-17-2001, 10:53 PM
I'm the ONLY ONE who auctually answered your poll.
Cmdr. Antilles, you know it's yes - why didn't you vote?
 UniKorn
01-04-2002, 5:05 AM
It's easily possible, and it also is better for certain functions.
 Wilhuf
01-04-2002, 9:25 AM
Some of the Elite Force and Jedi Outcast entities might give gtkRadiant some heartburn, but geometry should work ok.

Reactor thank you for the EF links, those are going in our resources thread.
 TheAlbaniac
01-20-2002, 1:57 PM
I was wondering.. would it be worthwile to learn GtkRadiant and actually create some (perhaps untextured) maps and entities to use later for Jedi Knight II?

I mean would it be easy to convert stuff you make for quake 3 into stuff for JK2??

I guess learning GtkRadiant is worth it, but if it's a lot of trouble converting stuff then I won't do any 'serious' work.
 wolf359
01-26-2002, 2:57 PM
you can use GTKradiant to map for EF and as unikorn pointed out it's better than efradiant in some aspects. (mulitple single face texture selection and rotations spring to mind.) as for using it for JKII then also yes. the .def files probably won't be released for some time (they weren't for EF) but basic things like func_doors etc should be the same. obviously weapons ammo etc can't be used but it should be quite easy to get a map up and running before hand and then just add in specific entities later.
Page: 1 of 1