Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sam & Max game

Page: 1 of 1
 sheaday6
12-09-2001, 12:54 PM
this might be off topic from lucasarts stuff, but does anyone know anything new about the new Sam & Max game being developed by Infinite Machine?:confused:
 MrManager
12-09-2001, 2:52 PM
Originally posted by sheaday6
this might be off topic from lucasarts stuff, but does anyone know anything new about the new Sam & Max game being developed by Infinite Machine?:confused:

Only thing I know other than what' stated on the site is that there have been a few reports that it'll be developed for the XBox. Don't know if this is true or not tho. Seeing that the site states "next gen consoles", my guess is that'll be released for both XBox and GameCube, but I could be way off base on that one.
 Lemon Head
12-09-2001, 4:50 PM
it's gonna be set in outer space...er...and it'll be and 'action/adventure' lets pray its not a tomb raider clone-em-up
 Jake
12-09-2001, 6:41 PM
I don't see how Sam & Max could possibly become a Tomb Raider game, since everyone knows that everything with the "Sam & Max" label on it is just a vehicle for the characters. Without the constant banter and commentary on everything in sight the charm is lost.
 Lemon Head
12-09-2001, 6:45 PM
um...that's the exact reason why it might turn out to be ****e
 The Dogfuchow
12-09-2001, 6:47 PM
Sam and Max? a Tomb Raider game?

what?

I would just assume to keep checking out the infinite-machine website, or searching around the web for any info... but I'd also assume that Jake would put some news on the Unofficial about it, so that's that.
 Schmatz
12-09-2001, 10:04 PM
I suggest that anyone who wants to talk about S&M2 should check out the Sam and Max.net forums. They just opened, and totally kick ass!
 sheaday6
12-09-2001, 10:34 PM
have you guys ever play an adventure game called "The Watchmaker"?, it might look like that except with a completely different mood to it, buuuuuuuut ya' never know. Their press report was pretty vague.
:explode:
 Schmatz
12-09-2001, 11:05 PM
Can't say I did. Do you have a link to some kinda review? :confused:
 Lemon Head
12-10-2001, 4:30 AM
The official Watchmaker site is here (http://www.trecision.com/videogames/games/wmf.html)
enjoy yourself
 MrManager
12-10-2001, 11:18 AM
Check this URL (http://xbox.ign.com/previews/17115.html) out for a bit more information on Sam & Max 2.
 Lemon Head
12-10-2001, 11:35 AM
well, at least it doesn't look like it's going to be an absolute tomb-raider-em-up but did i read correctly? the PC is gonna miss out? i hate consoles
 MrManager
12-10-2001, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Lemon Head
well, at least it doesn't look like it's going to be an absolute tomb-raider-em-up but did i read correctly? the PC is gonna miss out? i hate consoles

That doesn't really surprise me. I don't see how a mid-range PC could handle cel-shading (which I'm guessing it will use - it'd only make sense) at all.
 telarium
12-10-2001, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by remio

That doesn't really surprise me. I don't see how a mid-range PC could handle cel-shading (which I'm guessing it will use - it'd only make sense) at all.

Perhaps in two years? Which would probably be the time the game would be released. Hey, it could happen!
 Lemon Head
12-10-2001, 11:59 AM
by the time the game is developed cel-shading would be WAY below the capacity of PCs, in fact geforce is already pretty tasty in that area
 MrManager
12-10-2001, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by telarium

Perhaps in two years? Which would probably be the time the game would be released. Hey, it could happen!

True, I'm pretty sure the GeForce3 with a decent amount of RAM and a newer CPU should be able to handle cel-shading fairly well.

With that said, I still sorta doubt we'll see a PC version. :)
Page: 1 of 1