Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Its about time.......

Page: 1 of 1
 glottis42
12-08-2001, 11:07 PM
The last two years Lucasarts has been announcing their up and coming cames in April. Chances are this occur again this year. Also Simon Jeffrey said the the company was going to be doing about a 50-50 split on SW and other games. Hopefully we'll see a sequel to an old classic and hopefully a new adventure franchise.
 Schmatz
12-08-2001, 11:10 PM
Where have you been? Sam and Max 2 is coming out! There's a classic sequel!!! Too many Star Wars games though...
 glottis42
12-08-2001, 11:15 PM
i know, but thats not Lucasarts and its going to be action/adventure which i think is a bad idea.
 Schmatz
12-08-2001, 11:20 PM
*shrug*I gotta see it and play it before I judge anything... just please don't be Sam and Max: Tomb Raider.... PLEASE!
 JR2000Z
12-09-2001, 12:25 AM
Hopefully it wont be in the Grim Fandango engine.

For once, let it be a 2D game.
 MrManager
12-09-2001, 12:31 AM
Seeing that it's a next-gen console game, I'm guessing it'll be 3d with cel-shading. The cel-shading could make it look really sweet actually.
 Bobbin
12-09-2001, 12:47 AM
He game better come to PC as well because X-Box sucks and I'm don't want to have to buy an X-Box to play the new game if its any good.
 JR2000Z
12-09-2001, 1:01 AM
I have a feeling that its going to suck.

It may have the same lame jokes as EMI.
 Jake
12-09-2001, 1:19 AM
"It may have the same lame jokes as EMI."

Are you talking about the new Sam & Max when you say that? I don't think thats possible at all since nobody who worked on EMI will be working on Sam & Max... since the new Sam & Max title is being made by Infinite Machine (the company made up initially from the original Jedi Knight team), and has nothing to do with LucasArts.

Also who knows what console the new Sam & Max will be for? Their website only says "Next Gen Consoles," so that means whoever agrees to publish their game will chose what system they write it for. That hasn't been announced yet, so lets all hope for PC and Gamecube ;)
 telarium
12-09-2001, 12:56 PM
Doesn't the Gamecube have great support for cell shading? Or toon shading, as it may be called? If that's the case, they should go with Gamecube. And then PC!
 sheaday6
12-09-2001, 12:59 PM
actually, Infinite Machine (the company developing it) has been making games for primarily Xbox, which doesn't bode well
 MrManager
12-09-2001, 2:59 PM
Originally posted by telarium
Doesn't the Gamecube have great support for cell shading? Or toon shading, as it may be called? If that's the case, they should go with Gamecube. And then PC!

GameCube does indeed have very good cel shading support, and so does the XBox. "Cel Damage" is a great example of how good it can look.

It'd be sorta, kinda un-realistic to expect it on the PC if they were to use that, as I believe you'd need a top of the line video card to do the same quality as the next-gen consoles. (not all of us gets a GeForce 3 by mistake :) )
 scabb
12-09-2001, 3:19 PM
Originally posted by Schmatz
Where have you been? Sam and Max 2 is coming out! There's a classic sequel!!! Too many Star Wars games though...

...Sam & Max 2 is not a Lucas Arts Title though...It probably wont even be an adventure game
 scabb
12-09-2001, 3:25 PM
Originally posted by glottis42
Also Simon Jeffrey said the the company was going to be doing about a 50-50 split on SW and other games.

He lies!
 Darnn
12-09-2001, 3:57 PM
Originally posted by remio
(not all of us gets a GeForce 3 by mistake :) )

I despise you.
 MrManager
12-09-2001, 4:35 PM
Despise Andrew, I still use a GeForce2.
 Lemon Head
12-09-2001, 5:12 PM
steve purcell will be working on it too tho so i think the humour factor is reasonably safe as long as they dont give max a pair of boobs and a ponytail that he could use to wipe his arse with - actually that would be pretty funny, disturbing, but funny
 FaNaTiC
12-09-2001, 5:20 PM
Originally posted by scabb

...Sam & Max 2 is not a Lucas Arts Title though...It probably wont even be an adventure game

It has to be an adventure game. The only other type of games that Sam and Max could be in would be........ either a lame racing game (which there arent even enough "regular" characters for anyway) and like a shooting game! haha... i HIGHLY doubt that Sam and Max will just be walking around shooting aliens (or earth people) for no reason what so ever.
 Lemon Head
12-09-2001, 5:27 PM
but Fanatic, it could also be an action/adventure which is not only very different from an adventure but also what it's going to be - and that leaves a lot of scope for an unfortunate tomb raider clone
 FaNaTiC
12-09-2001, 6:05 PM
true.... didnt think of that.......... *shudder* thats a very scary thought
 Schmatz
12-09-2001, 6:31 PM
Originally posted by Lemon Head
and that leaves a lot of scope for an unfortunate tomb raider clone

That's what I said!

Also, if it comes out for XBox, Infinite Machines might just realize that they aren't seeling ANY of the ir games, because everyone HATES Xbox. Even if it comes out on XBox first, I'm sure it will be ported. It better be.
 MrManager
12-09-2001, 6:36 PM
Originally posted by Schmatz

That's what I said!

Also, if it comes out for XBox, Infinite Machines might just realize that they aren't seeling ANY of the ir games, because everyone HATES Xbox. Even if it comes out on XBox first, I'm sure it will be ported. It better be.

If everybody hates it why does it sell so well? I'm sorry, but HATING a piece of machinery just seems a bit strange to me.
 Lemon Head
12-09-2001, 6:37 PM
yeah i'm afraid lots of people love the x-box, and i personally bear it a grudge no larger than i maintain for all consoles
 Jake
12-09-2001, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by sheaday6
actually, Infinite Machine (the company developing it) has been making games for primarily Xbox, which doesn't bode well

Actually they've only made one game, not games, and it was originally for PC before their publisher made them switch to XBox. If you're a company as small as I-M you make the game for whatever system someone offers to pay for it for.
 telarium
12-10-2001, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by remio

(not all of us gets a GeForce 3 by mistake :) )

I don't think me getting a GeForce 3 in the mail was a mistake. I think of it as more of a karma thing.
 Metallus
12-10-2001, 12:52 AM
So it was karma that got me randomly signed up to receive Nintendo's damn promotional videos for over 2 years? What the hell did I do?
 Meksilon
12-10-2001, 2:41 AM
Oh hell, consoles are cool - I still have my beloved SNES! Although I'll love Gamecube when he makes my home his home. And I have absolutly nothing against Microsoft but I personally will stick to Nintendo as a console since they have established quality, and never supprise you by making modified versions of an original console. (Or subsequent versions).

=mek=
 Lemon Head
12-10-2001, 4:37 AM
there4 are, of course, advantages about console that leap straight to the eye - instant compatibility for a start but unfortunately they lag the industry behind because of their incapability to advance in less than year-or-so long jumps.

The PC will always be top dog in my opinion
 Darnn
12-10-2001, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by telarium

I don't think me getting a GeForce 3 in the mail was a mistake. I think of it as more of a karma thing.

Yeah. Some poor bastard's been naughty this year, so you got his instead.
Page: 1 of 1