Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Nominations and voting...here's how it works !

Page: 3 of 3
 WC_heavyarms
11-03-2001, 8:02 PM
Here is the BEST IDEA YET! Ok, each of the remaining candidates writes a speech, posts it, and then the mods select each of the candidates from these speeches, and they must have unbiased opinions!
 Tie Guy
11-03-2001, 10:10 PM
Tirion,

I only have 7 "no" votes, so there couldn't be 10 people who voted for only one person. And if anyone did do that, i would imagine it would be mostly people who voted for you or others more "famous" people with a guild or banner, and not 3 or 4 or 5 for me, i didn't even have a banner or anything at first, not even a link. So, maybe like 3 people did that, coz i assume Viper voted at least 2 no's for nearly everyone and at least some people probably really didn't want me.

So, the way you look at it then you might as well say all of people who actually voted no for a reason "Ok, thats great, but your opinion isn't worth anything." Thats doesn't sound very democratic. This whole system of counting "no" votes is to pick the person that the people want in the senate. Do you really think that someone who got more "no" votes than yes's is really wanted on the senate very much, or even a guy who got a large number of no's. Personally, either way would be fine for my career, i'm in the top 7 either way i think, but this way is much more fair and includes everyones votes, not just those that are positive. No one likes someone who ignores all of the constructive criticism of himself and doesn't pay any attention to peoples opinions unless he agrees, yet that is exactly what you and some others want to do.
 Lord Tirion
11-03-2001, 10:56 PM
"I only have 7 "no" votes, so there couldn't be 10 people who voted for only one person."

Consider yourself lucky. That is because they got bored and tired of clicking each individual thread and just abandoned the vote as long as they voted for the "one" they wanted.

"And if anyone did do that, i would imagine it would be mostly people who voted for you or others more "famous" people with a guild or banner, and not 3 or 4 or 5 for me, i didn't even have a banner or anything at first, not even a link."

Guild had nothing to do with why I had a lot of votes. It was the way I conducted myself on the forums. I always kept an open mind and posted some topics of humor when I saw that the forum was getting a little tense with flames. Most of the people joined my guild BECAUSE of that. That just goes to show that they believed in me and believed I could benefit their playing and make it more enjoyable. I never made a banner telling people to vote for me neither. I simply made my one post saying I would like to join and that was that. I know that you were talking about others and not referring to me about banners but it just goes to prove my point that it is based on your behavior on the forum, not what guild you are in or how many banners or gimics you tried to pull people to vote for you =)

"So, maybe like 3 people did that, coz i assume Viper voted at least 2 no's for nearly everyone and at least some people probably really didn't want me."

Atleast 2 is an understatment =P

"So, the way you look at it then you might as well say all of people who actually voted no for a reason "Ok, thats great, but your opinion isn't worth anything." Thats doesn't sound very democratic."

What does sounding democratic have to do with anything? The only thing that matters in a vote is who got the most votes.. not who got how many "no's." No's become obsolete especially in a forum such as this when you have some candidates that received 40 votes while others only received 12 per say.

"This whole system of counting "no" votes is to pick the person that the people want in the senate. Do you really think that someone who got more "no" votes than yes's is really wanted on the senate very much, or even a guy who got a large number of no's."

Then why bother having "Yes" votes? If that person received a lot of yes votes, then doesn't that go to say that that person has that many people who they feel best represent them?

"Personally, either way would be fine for my career, i'm in the top 7 either way i think, but this way is much more fair and includes everyones votes, not just those that are positive."

I would prosper greatly from Leon's method but I dont think its fair to the others who are not in my situation even though they received a lot of "no" votes as well. I am not looking out for myself like some candidates appear to be doing. I am looking out for the whole community and how it effects them. Whether it is much more fair is just an opinion on the matter. If you received 10 more "no's" or so, I am sure you would not think this process as fair as you do now.

"No one likes someone who ignores all of the constructive criticism of himself and doesn't pay any attention to peoples opinions unless he agrees, yet that is exactly what you and some others want to do."

Why do you try and slander me and others? Do you feel threatened by us? I have not once ever slandered you or spoke negative of you. So why throw that low class remark at us? Is that what a Senator that represents this community is about in your opinion? I happen to listen to everybody's opinion about me or my ideas. So please do not go around making remarks against me that you have no backing for. I happen to respect you, but if you continue to keep making ill-thought out remarks like that, I think that will vastly sway my opinion.
 Tie Guy
11-03-2001, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tirion
"I only have 7 "no" votes, so there couldn't be 10 people who voted for only one person."

Consider yourself lucky. That is because they got bored and tired of clicking each individual thread and just abandoned the vote as long as they voted for the "one" they wanted.

Are you just assuming thats what happend? I was about 6 or 7 down the list, so i don't think they get bored, but if thats your opinion....

"And if anyone did do that, i would imagine it would be mostly people who voted for you or others more "famous" people with a guild or banner, and not 3 or 4 or 5 for me, i didn't even have a banner or anything at first, not even a link."

Guild had nothing to do with why I had a lot of votes. It was the way I conducted myself on the forums. I always kept an open mind and posted some topics of humor when I saw that the forum was getting a little tense with flames. Most of the people joined my guild BECAUSE of that. That just goes to show that they believed in me and believed I could benefit their playing and make it more enjoyable. I never made a banner telling people to vote for me neither.

Can you really tell yourself that honestly. You got several votes just because of your guild members here. ther was even a person from your guild speaking highly about you in the Senate forum, and campaigning for you. Sure, thats obviously not everything, but you definately can't say it made no difference at all. You do conduct yourself fine on the boards, except when you got into a couple huge flaming debates with other people in a few threads, but you were mostly fine, everyone does that from time to time.

"So, the way you look at it then you might as well say all of people who actually voted no for a reason "Ok, thats great, but your opinion isn't worth anything." Thats doesn't sound very democratic."

What does sounding democratic have to do with anything? The only thing that matters in a vote is who got the most votes.. not who got how many "no's." No's become obsolete especially in a forum such as this when you have some candidates that received 40 votes while others only received 12 per say.

What?!? Being democratic has everything to do with it. This is a democracy, and it must be democratic. The only thing that truly matters is what people think, not just the things that are positive about a person. In a democracy, everyone's vote must count, whether it be favorable or unfavorable, thats just the way it goes.

"Personally, either way would be fine for my career, i'm in the top 7 either way i think, but this way is much more fair and includes everyones votes, not just those that are positive."

I would prosper greatly from Leon's method but I dont think its fair to the others who are not in my situation even though they received a lot of "no" votes as well. I am not looking out for myself like some candidates appear to be doing. I am looking out for the whole community and how it effects them. Whether it is much more fair is just an opinion on the matter. If you received 10 more "no's" or so, I am sure you would not think this process as fair as you do now.

No, fairness is not an opinion, it is based on rules. And just because those rules don't favor you, doesn't mean they aren't fair. Face it, someone has to be on the downside, in this case, the rules favor my side, and they are perfectly fair no matter who's side you look at, its just that it helps some people and hurts others in this particualr case, thats the way things work.

"No one likes someone who ignores all of the constructive criticism of himself and doesn't pay any attention to peoples opinions unless he agrees, yet that is exactly what you and some others want to do."

Why do you try and slander me and others? Do you feel threatened by us? I have not once ever slandered you or spoke negative of you. So why throw that low class remark at us? Is that what a Senator that represents this community is about in your opinion? I happen to listen to everybody's opinion about me or my ideas. So please do not go around making remarks against me that you have no backing for. I happen to respect you, but if you continue to keep making ill-thought out remarks like that, I think that will vastly sway my opinion.

Well, for someone who likes to think that they are (and normally is) skilled in debate, you should realize that i used a simple tactic of relating your case to a much more understandable one, and thus revealing the true nature of your argument. There is no slandering involved, and if anyone saw it that way then they saw it completely wrong, for i meant no such thing.
 nXs_Altus
11-03-2001, 11:21 PM
something that realy should be noted/clarified is the fact that no votes are NOT counted at all when it comes time to pick a senater. They are completely ignored by those that will tally the votes. It has been stated that the no votes were simply a method of getting feedback (albeit anonymous) for prospective senaters to see if they are realy liked or disliked.

Unfortunately due to fellows like viper the no votes are almost worth ignoring (unless you have LOTS) and even some yes votes are suspect but it is still a democratic enough process that most if not all of those that make it to the senate will have made it there fairly.
 Lord Tirion
11-03-2001, 11:43 PM

That is not a slander? Hmmm.

It is pretty obvious you like twisting around replies to suit your need. But I am not going ot get drawn into your debate. You chastized me and others for giving our opinion about no votes saying we dont pay attention to people's opinions.. yet here you are doing exactly what you condemned.

If you want to tell yourself that I received more votes than anybody else because I was in a guild, go ahead and tell yourself that. But what you fail to realize is "how come" they are in my guild? By somebody being in your guild, that tells you that they believe in me and have respect what I represent. So whats the difference if you are in a guild? Either way, they voted for me because they know how I really am and act. I do not mean this as a rude remark but it seems so childish to me that people are taking this senate thing so serious that they are spewing out excuses on why somebody has more votes than them and if they did not get as many votes as they had hoped, and that everything is a conspiracy.. I mean come on for crying out loud.

So if people want to have a debate with Leon about no votes, let them. You say this is based on rules.. yet I never saw one rule saying when No votes would come into play. This sympathy rule came in out of nowhere. So what was it you were saying about rules?

"Well, for someone who likes to think that they are (and normally is) skilled in debate, you should realize that i used a simple tactic of relating your case to a much more understandable one, and thus revealing the true nature of your argument."

What are you a lawyer? The only thing you showed is that you just did excactly what you said was wrong about people not listening to other's opinions. I gave my opinion and you insisted on telling me I was wrong. Thats a "simple tactic"? And just what is my "true nature" of my argument? I think you are sitting high on a horse that is non-existent.
 darthfergie
11-03-2001, 11:49 PM
WOw you guys went and had yourselves a huge conversation without me...no fair...:D

BTW, Leon where are the results???:D
 crazy_dog
11-04-2001, 4:59 AM
Yeah, I like all the Nexsis people. I would have voted yes for them if I wasn't running.:D
Because now I just don't vote for the guys I like.
And I vote no for the people I dislike.:rolleyes:
 Paragon_Leon
11-04-2001, 12:33 PM
I really, really, really, REALLY wish my posts are actually READ instead of quickly glanced over and interpreted by a whim.

I very specifically said this:

One idea i have, is that the sympathy vote-result will work through in the second round..

I did NOT say: We're going to do it as follows.

Sigh.

Deep breath.

Although this does bring certain weaknesses in possible future Senatorial behavior to the surface :D I believe the second round will make a lot clear. More later on tonight.
 Tie Guy
11-04-2001, 12:42 PM
Tirion, your so subtle in twisting my words its no wonder people get the apearance of you being so calm in debates.

That is not a slander? Hmmm.

No, as i clearly stated above, i never meant it to be slander, and it wasn't. As i said, i'm showing your argument in differents words, it never was a personal attack on you, or anyone else, simply your false notion.

It is pretty obvious you like twisting around replies to suit your need. But I am not going ot get drawn into your debate. You chastized me and others for giving our opinion about no votes saying we dont pay attention to people's opinions.. yet here you are doing exactly what you condemned.

What do you mean? In every debate on this forum i have seen you in, you have told people they have ignored arguments, but here i have not. In fact, i did the opposite, i considered them, and gave you several reasons why i thought each were wrong, how cam that possibly be considerd ignoring them?

If you want to tell yourself that I received more votes than anybody else because I was in a guild, go ahead and tell yourself that. But what you fail to realize is "how come" they are in my guild? By somebody being in your guild, that tells you that they believe in me and have respect what I represent. So whats the difference if you are in a guild? Either way, they voted for me because they know how I really am and act. I do not mean this as a rude remark but it seems so childish to me that people are taking this senate thing so serious that they are spewing out excuses on why somebody has more votes than them and if they did not get as many votes as they had hoped, and that everything is a conspiracy.. I mean come on for crying out loud.

Don't take me wrong here, i have no problem with you, or how many votes you got, i'm sure you earned them. But we're not here to discuss your personal votes, so we'll leave it at this.

So if people want to have a debate with Leon about no votes, let them. You say this is based on rules.. yet I never saw one rule saying when No votes would come into play. This sympathy rule came in out of nowhere. So what was it you were saying about rules?

The rule that Leon made that said "no" votes would come into effect. What, you think i just made all of this up?

"Well, for someone who likes to think that they are (and normally is) skilled in debate, you should realize that i used a simple tactic of relating your case to a much more understandable one, and thus revealing the true nature of your argument."

What are you a lawyer? The only thing you showed is that you just did excactly what you said was wrong about people not listening to other's opinions. I gave my opinion and you insisted on telling me I was wrong. Thats a "simple tactic"? And just what is my "true nature" of my argument? I think you are sitting high on a horse that is non-existent.

The whole nature of debate is to persuade people to your side by proving that other's ideas are wrong and thats yours are right. I have one idea, you have another, i'm trying to prove you wrong, but you seem more interested in saying how bad i am instead of debating your side. So, if you want to give us reasons why your side is right, then go ahead. If you want to give reasons why mine are wrong, then by all means go ahead, but please don't just come in here and talk about how you think i ignored people when i didn't, and about how you think i slandered people when i didn't.
 Lord Tirion
11-04-2001, 1:14 PM
Leon, I know it wasnt an "official rule" yet. =P Thats why I gave forth my opinion on it and why I was against that kind of a rule.

Tie Guy:

Some advice on how to reply with quotes... dont copy your original statement as well... otherwise you have what you just made 2 posts in a row.... huge garbled run on posts. Just copy what I wrote and then type your reply. You are making people read information that has been typed multiple times now for no reason at all.

"Tirion, your so subtle in twisting my words its no wonder people get the apearance of you being so calm in debates."

Perhaps it is because I AM calm? I do not twist any words around. I tell it like it is the way the person directed it towards me. If you feel intimidated by my method, then there is nothing I can do about it to make you feel better.

"No, as i clearly stated above, i never meant it to be slander, and it wasn't. As i said, i'm showing your argument in differents words, it never was a personal attack on you, or anyone else, simply your false notion."

I think you need to look up the word slander then Tie Guy because by that reply, you just showed that you don't know what slander is. I will spell it out for you since you are selectively choosing not to admit you slandered us. You basically said that a few other candidates and myself included are stubborn and do not listen to other's opinions nor give a damn about them. That to me is a slander. Rather than you saying that it was not a slander to back yourself out of the corner, a direct appology would have been more appropriate and mature.

"What do you mean? In every debate on this forum i have seen you in, you have told people they have ignored arguments, but here i have not. In fact, i did the opposite, i considered them, and gave you several reasons why i thought each were wrong, how cam that possibly be considerd ignoring them?"

Wasn't it you that was also in that Maul vs Vader debate saying people were wrong? Funny how we forget. As for you considering opinions, they why did you tell me my opinions were wrong? You are the one making this "ignoring" part a big hype. Not I nor anyone else.

"Don't take me wrong here, i have no problem with you, or how many votes you got, i'm sure you earned them. But we're not here to discuss your personal votes, so we'll leave it at this."

So I ask again, why did you originally bring it up?

"The rule that Leon made that said "no" votes would come into effect. What, you think i just made all of this up?"

Apparently so Tie Guy because as I recall, these are not rules. If you read carefully what Leon said, he said these were "ideas", not rules.

"The whole nature of debate is to persuade people to your side by proving that other's ideas are wrong and thats yours are right."

That is where you are wrong right there. I am not trying to persuade anybody to my "side". I was talking directly to Young David and Leon. I was not referring to anybody else.

" I have one idea, you have another, i'm trying to prove you wrong"

So what were you saying about respecting opinions? Just up above you said opinions are not wrong or right.. but here you just said you are trying to prove me wrong. Am I missing something?

"So, if you want to give us reasons why your side is right, then go ahead. If you want to give reasons why mine are wrong, then by all means go ahead, but please don't just come in here and talk about how you think i ignored people when i didn't, and about how you think i slandered people when i didn't."

Again, what "sides"? I am stating my own personal opinions. Maybe you are the one trying to sway people to your side, but I am just taking a simple approach to this by directing my opinions to Leon and Young David. If I remember directly, it was you who just came in here told me and others that we dont listen to other's opinions and that we are "wrong". I think you are having a debate more with yourself than you are with me and the others.

All I did was give my simple opinion on Leon's idea. Then you made a reply disecting my post making me out to be a person who is twisting thoughts around and trying to sway opinions and tell people they are right or wrong. I think you should look in the mirror and read your own posts very carefully before you accuse anybody of any such doings. Remember, these sympathy votes were an idea, not a rule.
 Tie Guy
11-04-2001, 1:48 PM
Tirion, a little tip on posting quotes, use them!!!

I think you need to look up the word slander then Tie Guy because by that reply, you just showed that you don't know what slander is. I will spell it out for you since you are selectively choosing not to admit you slandered us. You basically said that a few other candidates and myself included are stubborn and do not listen to other's opinions nor give a damn about them. That to me is a slander. Rather than you saying that it was not a slander to back yourself out of the corner, a direct appology would have been more appropriate and mature.[quote]

What?!? Your the one qrongfully accusing me of wrong doing. You owe me the apology. I'm not saying that about you personally, all i'm saying is that your opinion is saying that. That doesn't mean that you are like that, but it does say that on this particular issue, you are supporting something that is. If i support capitol punishment, does that mean i kill people? NO.

[quote]
Wasn't it you that was also in that Maul vs Vader debate saying people were wrong? Funny how we forget. As for you considering opinions, they why did you tell me my opinions were wrong? You are the one making this "ignoring" part a big hype. Not I nor anyone else.[quote]

What?!? Your not making any hype on ignoring people? Your the one accusing me of ignoring, although i DON'T want to ignore people, which is my whole case. Thats is why i am NOT ignoring people, but responding to them. Just because i was in the Maul debate doesn't mean that i did just what you did. If i remember correctly, (and i do) it was you who was making the big deal about ignoring people. Oh, but you must have forgotten, funny, eh?

[quote]
Apparently so Tie Guy because as I recall, these are not rules. If you read carefully what Leon said, he said these were "ideas", not rules.

If you read it, he says that IS what we are doing, so it is the rule.

That is where you are wrong right there. I am not trying to persuade anybody to my "side". I was talking directly to Young David and Leon. I was not referring to anybody else.

If you aren't, then why are you stating it. Just by stating it you are trying to persuade Leo, and everyone else to accept your opinion. Its really not a difficult concept to grasp.

So what were you saying about respecting opinions? Just up above you said opinions are not wrong or right.. but here you just said you are trying to prove me wrong. Am I missing something?

There is a big difference between respecting peoples opinions, and agreeing with them. I respect everyones opinions, but that doesn't mean that i can't dissagree and say what my reasons for doing so are, which is all that i was doing. And your right, you must be missing something because i clearly wouldn't have stated my opinion at all if i didn't want anyone to agree to it or take it into account. Besides, i never said that one's opinions aren't right or wrong in my last few posts or in this thread. It may be my opinion to that it is ok to break the law, but is that right? No!

Again, what "sides"? I am stating my own personal opinions. Maybe you are the one trying to sway people to your side, but I am just taking a simple approach to this by directing my opinions to Leon and Young David. If I remember directly, it was you who just came in here told me and others that we dont listen to other's opinions and that we are "wrong". I think you are having a debate more with yourself than you are with me and the others.

All I did was give my simple opinion on Leon's idea. Then you made a reply disecting my post making me out to be a person who is twisting thoughts around and trying to sway opinions and tell people they are right or wrong. I think you should look in the mirror and read your own posts very carefully before you accuse anybody of any such doings. Remember, these sympathy votes were an idea, not a rule.

As i've said multiple times, having an opinion is taking a side in itself. You don't have to say, "ok, i'm taking this side" your opinion is just accepted as your "side", no matter what word you want to use for it.

If you make an opinion, but can't deal with someone else saying that you are wrong, then you shouldn't post your opinion. I'm as free to say your opinion is wrong as you are to state it. So don't get on to me about me saying you are wrong, brcause in order for something to be decided, point from both sides need to be heard. you obviously want your side to be accepted, and i want mine, so i state how yours i not the best way to do it. If you would like to state how you think mine is not the best way, then take this opportunity to do so.

Nevertheless, DO NOT get mad at me simply because i proved you wrong or said you weren't right, that is what seriously deserves an apology. THAT, is what is truly wrong about this.
 DarkTrooper
11-04-2001, 2:17 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Tirion, a little tip on posting quotes, use them!!!

If you read it, he says that IS what we are doing, so it is the rule.

If you aren't, then why are you stating it. Just by stating it you are trying to persuade Leo, and everyone else to accept your opinion. Its really not a difficult concept to grasp.

There is a big difference between respecting peoples opinions, and agreeing with them. I respect everyones opinions, but that doesn't mean that i can't dissagree and say what my reasons for doing so are, which is all that i was doing. And your right, you must be missing something because i clearly wouldn't have stated my opinion at all if i didn't want anyone to agree to it or take it into account. Besides, i never said that one's opinions aren't right or wrong in my last few posts or in this thread. It may be my opinion to that it is ok to break the law, but is that right? No!

As i've said multiple times, having an opinion is taking a side in itself. You don't have to say, "ok, i'm taking this side" your opinion is just accepted as your "side", no matter what word you want to use for it.

If you make an opinion, but can't deal with someone else saying that you are wrong, then you shouldn't post your opinion. I'm as free to say your opinion is wrong as you are to state it. So don't get on to me about me saying you are wrong, brcause in order for something to be decided, point from both sides need to be heard. you obviously want your side to be accepted, and i want mine, so i state how yours i not the best way to do it. If you would like to state how you think mine is not the best way, then take this opportunity to do so.

Nevertheless, DO NOT get mad at me simply because i proved you wrong or said you weren't right, that is what seriously deserves an apology. THAT, is what is truly wrong about this.
ow that hurts my eyes trying to read it. man Tie you must type very fast to be able to type that. without breaking your fingers
 Lord Tirion
11-04-2001, 2:30 PM
Tie Guy: Nope. I wont use them because they make the post look more like a spreadsheet then actually a text message. As for your whines, I wont get drawn in any further. It is obvious you are backing yourself in the corner now unwilling to admit you goofed on what you said about the candidates. You keep whining about opinions and yet you CONTINOUSLY contradict your "philosophies" by criticizing somebody else's opinions. Give me a break.... I said my piece. I do not need to keep getting the last word in like you seem so obsessed over by quoting the whole entire babble and saying the same things over and over.

Darktrooper: You obviously have no idea on what a debate is OR an opinion. How many flame wars have you gotten into?? I am surprised they even let you run for the Senate. You continously flame everybody and you expect people to respect your replies? You go around the forum declaring yourself a mod telling people what post should be where and what should be posted and not. We will not forget that you are Viper's toadie. So before you throw a stone at anybody, go read all YOUR posts and how you act like a child in them calling them names and acting like a 2 year old. You proved me wrong?? What are you a little kid with a score card?? You happen to prove yourself the biggest hyprocrite with that post right there LOL. You say that I should "respect" everybody's opinion.. yet you DID THE SAME THING TIE GUY JUST DID by saying I am the one wrong and that my opinions are all wrong LOL. You are making this topic a laugher and anybody who has the least bit of intelligence can see that. Hypocracy as its best. And now you are calling Leon a liar as well. Do you have any character whatsoever?
 Paragon_Leon
11-04-2001, 2:59 PM
ok, before we all get serious RSI... :D

My post was clear; they were ideas. Not an announcement of a rule. I've stated that that will come.

Now please don't start big word-wars over some use of words. That is totally unnecessary. I'm asking for a little mature response to this, without an integrated stab under water please.
 Thrawn
11-04-2001, 3:06 PM
Three cheers for Tie Guy! :D I agree with Tie. Tirion, you are arguing against Tie Guy his person, instead of arguing against his ideas, or for your ideas. If you are really such an upstanding guy (which it think is true), then why don't you give all these reasons to vote for you? All you are doing is saying Tie is a liar (which is not true). If you want us to support you, stop plotting Tie's demise, and tell us why you would make a good Senator! :)
 Lord Tirion
11-04-2001, 3:14 PM
Thrawn, remind me to buy you some glasses so you can read posts better and comprehend them... or is it that you are just Tie Guy's friend? I did nothing of the sort. Quite frankly, I am VERY disapointed in this community. He makes a statement stating our candidates are not good enough for him in that they dont listen to opinions.. yet in black and white.. you people shield your eyes and ignore the fact that he IS doing just that. I am NOT calling Tie Guy Hitler (lol) but then you kids in school wonder how a guy like Hitler comes to power and ask how can people follow him...

Leon, I appologise for contributing to that debate. That should have been in a separate thread and not in this one. But I am shocked that some forummers have the audacity to make statements against other candidates only to have those same candidates backing that forummer. All i can do is roll my eyes and laugh. It just proves that they only read what they want to read. But I will not continue this any longer in this thread. If they want a debate, they will have to make a new thread and then I would be happy to continue.
 Delphi's Clone
11-04-2001, 3:22 PM
yes i agree and that is how it was supposed to be in the buggining but leon changed it :(
 Lord Tirion
11-04-2001, 3:34 PM
Well we will just have to see Delphi. Leon said it isnt etched in stone so we will have to see what he rules. Either way I am not going to cause a big ruckus over what he does rule in the end. I mean after all, the Senate IS his child and I am happy alone to be a part of it and to help in tournies and make this gaming community boom with fun. So lets just wait and see =)
 Tie Guy
11-04-2001, 5:34 PM
Ok, First of all, Sorry Leo, i was perfectly satisfied to leave it as it was, but i can't let this stand as it is, i have to make a few quick comments to defend myself from this and i will leave it at that.

It is obvious you are backing yourself in the corner now unwilling to admit you goofed on what you said about the candidates. You keep whining about opinions and yet you CONTINOUSLY contradict your "philosophies" by criticizing somebody else's opinions. Give me a break.... I said my piece. I do not need to keep getting the last word in like you seem so obsessed over by quoting the whole entire babble and saying the same things over and over.

First, i wouldn't need to say the same things over if you would just listen to my opinions like you keep accusing me of not doing instead of throwing the same things at me again and again.

Second, i thought i made it perfectly clear that agreeing and not repecting are not the same. I respect everyone's opinion, but i certainly disagree with some of them, like in this instance, so please don't go around saying i hate everyones disrespect everyone's opinions because i don't, i simply disagree, and say why.

He makes a statement stating our candidates are not good enough for him in that they dont listen to opinions..

That is as slanderous as it gets!!! You make a personal attack on me, then laugh it off. I won't stand for that, and no one else should either. Especially when it is an asssumption, and totally not true. I am all for any canidiate who can get enough votes by the correct process. I NEVER said that candidates weren't good enough for me, not once. Besides, it doesn't matter if they are good enough for me, it is the people who count, and that is why i am fighting for there opiniosn to get counted, and not say that they don't matter at all.

But I am shocked that some forummers have the audacity to make statements against other candidates only to have those same candidates backing that forummer. All i can do is roll my eyes and laugh.

Talk about Hypocracy!!! YOU are the one attacking me. Rather than giving me reasons why i am wrong, you basically say i am stupid and arrogant and too good for everybody. Come now, i am shocked at your audacity to make statements against other candidates only to roll your eyes and laugh!!! One other forummer already backs me, and i'm sure that if they all read my posts, then yours, they will all agree that i'm not the one attacking anyone. At least, not until after you attacked my personal repuation, then i have to defend myself.
 Lord Tirion
11-04-2001, 6:23 PM
Dude stop whining. Leon said drop it and like I said.. you just HAVE to try and get the last word in. We all saw what you said about us candidates and opinions and there is no backtracking now. If you want to keep this childish act up, make a new post and I will be happy to reply.
Page: 3 of 3