Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Newbie help

Page: 1 of 1
 -E-
12-04-2001, 9:02 PM
Anyone have any starter tips? I've only played a few games, and in each time the computer was way ahead of me in points and tech level(always 1 ahead). They attack me base at tech level 2/3 with mechs and a few troops, and always seem to take down my little armor. Last time it was even worse, they destroyed 90% of my town.:confused:

Any ideas?:mad:

:ewok:
 Jedi_Knight
12-05-2001, 12:27 AM
what area do you need help in eg military
 duder
12-05-2001, 4:21 AM
i guess you havnt got you reconomy up to speed....so myadvice is to continually pump out workers, until you have about 30....then go to tech 2. Youshould have enough food, and carbon to move up the techs faster.
Hit tech 3 asap, in this tech you can boom cuz you can build new command centres and pump out workers like there is no tomorrow, this is the best advice I think i can give you right now...its all about your economy!
 Kudar
12-05-2001, 4:33 AM
Have a look here, http://www.galacticbattles.com/gettingstarted.shtml) see if that gives you some ideas. :)
 Supreme Warlord
12-05-2001, 9:50 AM
Do what duder said not Kudar! he gave you a complicate reading stuff. Just pump out workers and just suck in the resource then go tech two. then pump out more workers. and then go tech 3 and then pump out a lot more workers and then go tech 4 then pump about 10 more workers. also while you are doing this you need to build troops in the troop center. Also build a building team of workers to build walls and defenses.
 captain_drake
12-05-2001, 10:11 AM
dude listin to them

trust me it works 85% of the time and kudear is a loser anyway
(just joking i'm more of a loser then he is:D )
 Kudar
12-05-2001, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Supreme Warlord
Do what duder said not Kudar! he gave you a complicate reading stuff. Just pump out workers and just suck in the resource then go tech two. then pump out more workers. and then go tech 3 and then pump out a lot more workers and then go tech 4 then pump about 10 more workers. also while you are doing this you need to build troops in the troop center. Also build a building team of workers to build walls and defenses.

There's nothing complicated in those guides, one is even specifically for workers, showing you what to do with them and when http://www.galacticbattles.com/rmstrat2.shtml)
 duder
12-05-2001, 10:39 AM
the best thing for you to do is experiment...thats what i did
 Supreme Warlord
12-05-2001, 10:41 AM
ONCE AGAIN LISTEN TO DUDER AND ME DONT LISTEN TO KUDAR!!! Experiment like duder said. Do not listen to a Mod or especially a Super Mod. :D
 Kudar
12-05-2001, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Supreme Warlord
ONCE AGAIN LISTEN TO DUDER AND ME DONT LISTEN TO KUDAR!!! Experiment like duder said. Do not listen to a Mod or especially a Super Mod. :D

*sigh* :rolleyes:
 duder
12-05-2001, 10:45 AM
ive read th help that kudar sent and it is useful ;) you wouldnt go wrong reading it
 Supreme Warlord
12-05-2001, 10:48 AM
Hey Kudar I am just teasing you man. It is okay. hehehehe I am so funny lol!! oh wait that was not funny. Okay fine Kudar i will say it...

I AM SORRY

Now I am happy and I hope you are too hehehehe:D
 captain_drake
12-05-2001, 11:19 AM
i'm sorry too kudar
i guees we shoundnt tease a super mod
what do you think duder
 Chessack
12-14-2001, 4:58 PM
Some tips for the newbies:

1. Make sure you play ALL the training campaign missions before you try to tackle a random map game, if you've never played AoE or AoK before. The training stuff will help you learn how to manage resources, and the computer is programmed to go easy on you.

2. Make sure your game is set to "easiest".

3. In random games, team up against the computer. Start with a 3-player game. Put yourself on the same team as one of the other computer civs, and the two of you can gang up on the 3rd civ. This will take some of the early pressure off you. The two compuer opponents will end up rushing each other and interfering with each other, and you will have time to get things up to speed. After a while, the building process will become second nature and you will not need the advantage. Then...

4. Try some 2-on-2 or 3-on-3 games (or 4-on-4, but make sure only to do that if you have a wicked-fast computer like a P4-1 GHz and lots and lots of RAM). you + 1 computer vs. 2 computer guys. Team together and lock teams, so you will always have your ally on one of your flanks. The computer will show you where your ally is. You can leave that flank alone -- he will protect you from that side. Then start building walls and defenses and placing troopers on the other side, because that's where the enemy is likely to come from.

5. Send up flares for help from your computer allies if you get into trouble. They will come protect you.

Don't try to take the computer on by yourself (especially multiple computer oponents) until you have won a few games on Easiest with the computer helping you. Then you can slowly graduate up the levels of play (I am still using Moderate most of the time), and decrease the odds till its 3 computers vs. you by yourself, with them all allied, if you really want.

As a side note, I almost always give myself a computer ally, not because I really need the help militarily, but because I like to get some trade transports going, and you can't trade with your enemies -- they'll blow up your cargo carriers.

May the Force be with you.
 thrEEpaGe
12-17-2001, 12:21 PM
64mb of ram is not condusive to 4v4 battles [or any battle where the pop gets in the 1000's =Гћ]
Page: 1 of 1