Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Raven to Produce Quake 4 (?)

Page: 1 of 1
 Wilhuf
07-27-2001, 5:56 PM
CVG are claiming that Raven Software have been working on Quake 4 'for some time' now.

CVG has learnt that Raven Software, the developer of the ultra-violent first-person shooter Soldier of Fortune and Star Trek Voyager blaster Elite Force, has been working on Quake 4 for some time. As we reported on July 10, the development of the game was out-sourced by id Software for as yet unspecified reasons, but insiders are now pointing to the fact that the legendary developer simply wanted to focus attention on the astonishingly good-looking DOOM 3.

See the story (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/story.cfm?sid=3133).

If true, they must be very busy over at Raven.

Thanks Blue (http://www.bluesnews.com).
 CaptainRAVE
07-27-2001, 6:21 PM
WOW..Raven really are starting to make one hell of a name for themselves. Look at all the cool games their making (and have made) :)
 WD_ToRMeNt
07-27-2001, 6:46 PM
Hmmm, I'm a little worried about the quality of JK2 made in such a short time buy a company who's resources are so spread out. Doom 3, SoF2, Quake 4, and well... JK2.

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: -WD- ToRMeNt ]
 CaptainRAVE
07-27-2001, 6:50 PM
Yea i would be too, but we know that Raven are only able to do it so quick because they already have the AI, graphics engines etc made. Any anyway, i trust Raven totally to produce us with a good quality game :)
 Wilhuf
07-27-2001, 6:56 PM
I know id software are developing Doom3. Since when are Raven working Doom3?
It's a pretty heavy workload for Raven. Maybe they've hired more workers recently?

Of course CVG haven't cited a source of this 'inside info' yet, so take the info as you will (it could be reliable, but who knows...)
 Swoosh
07-27-2001, 7:03 PM
Well, I'm not worried about RAVEN doing a bnad job on JK2 because LEC is standing over their shoulder making sure they do what needs to be done. RAVEN won't botch their chance with the Star Wars license...or the quake license either. If any game suffers it'll probably be SoF2...which is almost done anyways, right?

Swoosh
 digl
07-27-2001, 9:25 PM
Torment, it says that Id is focused on Doom3
Id prefer Raven to be focused on JO too, if Its true lets hope they can stand such important projects all at the same time

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: digl ]
 Krayt Tion
07-27-2001, 9:46 PM
They can take Q4, I wouldn't want Raven touching Doom 3 with a 50 foot poll. Doom is very special to me, and something you just don't hand out. JK2 is special as well, I'm actually glad Raven is doing it instead of LucasArts seeing as how things have been. But LucasArts ain't no id software in my mind.

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: Krayt Tion ]
Page: 1 of 1