Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars Galaxies

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Simpson
06-16-2001, 12:12 AM
Directly from the Galaxies site itself.

On the second and fourth Thursday of each month through September we will display a different player species in
360 screenshots.

So, point your browsers to this (http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/media/qtswg/swg6.htm) location.

Very impressive!
 Krayt Tion
06-16-2001, 12:23 AM
As excited as I am for JK2, I'm equally if not more excited for Galaxies- and that says a lot.

Aside from the graphics, which look far better than anything else I see in development, the actual features they are promising are mind boggling. This is coming from someone who has over a year mmorpg experience and has also been following several other mmorpgs in development in detail for quite some time.

On the other hand my knowledge in this area also reminds me that promising the moon and stars is much easier to do than making good on said promises in these type of games. I honestly do not predict they will implement everything they claim, let alone implement everything well without creating further problems which we see the repercussions of even after Beta. I am every bit routing for Verant but I am also nobody's fool.

Anyways, I look foward to discussing this game till it is released.

[ June 15, 2001: Message edited by: Krayt Tion ]
 Aragorn
06-16-2001, 1:15 AM
The game sounds like a dream come true. And that's what bothers me.
I really hope it will deliver everything it promises though.
 Darth Simpson
06-16-2001, 1:27 AM
As excited as I am for JK2, I'm equally if not more excited for Galaxies- and that says a lot.

I agree. I'm all excited about JKII, but Galaxies is the game I really want!The concept of it is mind-blowing for any Star Wars fan. When this game comes out, I'm not leaving the house for a week. ;)
 Letalis
06-16-2001, 1:22 PM
A week? Is that all? I'm kissing my social life good-bye for at least a year! ;)
 CaptainRAVE
06-16-2001, 1:40 PM
It looks amazing. Lets hope it wont be delayed on the day its supposed to come out!!
 Bob Gnarly
12-06-2002, 11:33 AM
wow they heard about this way back then...
 Clem
12-06-2002, 11:42 AM
will people stop reviving threads!!!

:eyeraise:
 leXX
12-06-2002, 11:52 AM
yes, it is getting really annoying.
 Bob Gnarly
12-06-2002, 2:31 PM
why is it annoying? i just found it interesting...
 Toonces
12-06-2002, 3:24 PM
I missed it the first time so It was cool to see. It still won't make me buy it since I beleice it's not a far enough step from other MMOG's I've gotten quickly bored with. I'd be extremely happy to be wrong though :D

I'm still dissapointed that a Nautolan isn't one of the playable races
 Hekx
12-06-2002, 3:26 PM
I pointed by browser to that location and it conked out, literally.
My PC doesn't like Quicktime :D

I'll get SWG if you're offering to buy it for me ;)
 Jo
12-07-2002, 7:27 PM
Originally posted by Letalis
I'm kissing my social life good-bye for at least a year! ;) i already did. waiting for this and waiting for stuff to jk2. coolest part is i wont get it for xmas, but 1 month afterwards ill probably get it for my birthday. it's coming out post holiday.:D
 wassup
12-07-2002, 10:56 PM
I want to get it, but probably wont cause theres a monthly fee...:mad:

I feel that MMORPGs should be charged on a hourly basis, as in...like...10 cents an hour? (or something like that). Some people CANT play games all month or they can play so little that it isnt worth paying $10 or so a month for so little playing time...just MHO.
 Chewbacco
12-08-2002, 12:28 AM
I will get it when I get DSL, because the modem takes the phone line and it costs $3 an hour added up with the monthly fee (which I don't really mind about the monthly fee) and with DSL, I can go on and play anytime without asking my mom that I need to go on the internet because she might be expecting a call. DSL is not available in my area till probably summer of 2003.:(
 Lunatic Jedi
12-08-2002, 6:52 AM
My friend is on the Galaxies BETA!!!

I'm going to start making a few impromptu visits to his house for a little while... he he...
 Darth Simpson
12-08-2002, 4:37 PM
Heh, totally forgot I ever posted this here.

Krayt, COME BACK!!
 git_sum_stuka
12-08-2002, 5:00 PM
should i get WoW of SW:Galaxies?
Page: 1 of 1