Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Shrek?

Page: 1 of 1
 IceSaber
06-06-2001, 2:30 AM
Okay... so we have a totally general forum.. where we can discuss just about anything.

Let me start...

I've heard good things about Shrek... anyone see it yet?

Also, how was Pearl Harbor while we're discussing movies..

Thanks for the sharing input!
 DrIfTeR
06-06-2001, 2:38 AM
Shrek was funny youll notice alot of stuff from other movies and Pearl Harbor was great I live in hawaii and i went to a new theater they played it the minute they attacked the harbor back then.

"Save the Concussion Rifles!"
http://Drifterspad.homestead.com/files/conc.gif)
 NeJJa
06-06-2001, 3:12 AM
drifter, please do not steal my signature. think of something origional please.
 OnlyOneCanoli
06-06-2001, 3:46 AM
Haven't seen Shrek.

*SPOILERS*
I saw Pearl Harbor. It was so-so. I would've liked to see more of a political look at things, rather than a lame love story. After all, everybody in the crowd new that Ben Affleck was still alive.

However, the thing I disliked the most about it was the ending. It shoud have ended with the devestating attack on Pearl Harbor. But no- we go to Japan to bomb them... and the point of this is what? I understand they had to rap the love stoey up, but they could've done it just as easily in the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Other than that, I enjoyed it. Great special effects.
 Boba Rhett
06-07-2001, 12:39 AM
I thought Shrek was pretty good. It had alot of amazing things in it.
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-07-2001, 12:46 AM
You mean Ben Afflec dies in the movie?

I also heard that the love story was lame. That it had no connection what so ever with the rest of the movie. Is that true also?ї
 OnlyOneCanoli
06-07-2001, 2:31 AM
Ben Affleck lives (unfortunately, I hate that guy. ;)). The love story is strange. Thye fit the plot around the love story, rather than the other way around. Which I prefer more.
 ReAcToR
06-09-2001, 8:53 AM
Shrek is an instant classic. It makes Toy Story 2 look like an old 70's cartoon.

I didn't know much about the movie until I actually saw it, but I expected it to be a Disney family flick or something. Boy was I mistaken. Not only because it was Dreamworks who did the movie, but because the jokes were aimed at young/older adults. All of the actors did a marvelous job and I recommend that everyone go see this movie.

WARNING: If you don't have a good sense of humor, you won't enjoy this movie.

[SPOILER]
One of the most comical aspects of the movie, was the constant ridiculing of the king's size and the size of his penis. Did anyone catch his name? The king's name was Faqwah. Think about it for a seconds. :)
</SPOILER]
 Ratmjedi
11-24-2002, 7:55 PM
Whoah this is an old thread.

I loved the movie and I am also told that I look like him.

"Oger's are like onion's"
So I guess I smell like a onion. :D lol
:lsduel: :duel:
 lightspeed
11-24-2002, 8:02 PM
Shrek was great i've seen it exactly 38 times now! Only twice in theatre:D
 C'jais
11-24-2002, 8:02 PM
Originally posted by Ratmjedi
Whoah this is an old thread.

Ratm, I have a new title for you: (put this under your name, please) "Thread resurrector" :p

Hmm... Shrek was brilliant, although I can't say the same for Pearl Habour, just a big boat load of American propaganda...
 Hekx
11-24-2002, 8:12 PM
Shreks okay... but LOTR is better ;)
 Ratmjedi
11-24-2002, 8:16 PM
Originally posted by Cjais

Ratm, I have a new title for you: (put this under your name, please) "Thread resurrector" :p

Hmm... Shrek was brilliant, although I can't say the same for Pearl Habour, just a big boat load of American propaganda...

There you go bud. :D
Nice Avatar of Odd Job to Hekx! :thumbsup:

:lsduel: :duel:
 -s/<itzo-
11-24-2002, 8:25 PM
are they making Shrek 2??????
 Hekx
11-24-2002, 8:36 PM
Originally posted by -s/&lt;itzo-
are they making Shrek 2?????? I believe so ;)
ЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇЇ
Shrek 2

Release Date: July, 2004

Genre: Adventure/Comedy

Cast:
Mike Myers as Shrek
Cameron Diaz as Princess Fiona
Eddie Murphy as Donkey

Premise:
The story starts when Shrek and Fiona return from their honeymoon to find a letter, its Fiona's parents inviting the newlyweds around for dinner, and are unaware of what happened to their daughter.
 mima kake
11-24-2002, 8:36 PM
Shrekk is a nice movie for all ages and the computer graphics are beautifull. I am thinking about a Shrekk skin for JO.
but if i only had the right modeL (NOT THAT SKLILLED MYSELF)

But again the movie is awsome no doubts there.
 Hekx
11-24-2002, 8:41 PM
I'd help with some Shreks skins, but I can't model :(
 Darth Groovy
11-25-2002, 3:40 AM
Originally posted by OnlyOneCanoli
Ben Affleck lives (unfortunately, I hate that guy. ;)). The love story is strange. Thye fit the plot around the love story, rather than the other way around. Which I prefer more.

I hate Ben Affleck too. The bus for the I hate Ben Affleck Bandwagon convention leaves in a half hour, meet you in the lobby:p
 Elijah
11-25-2002, 4:29 AM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
I hate "Hey... Now thats not very nice... He's just a donkey"
 Darth Simpson
11-25-2002, 8:01 AM
Ben Affleck is a great actor. I guess it kind of depends what kind of movies you've seen him in though. If you've only seen crap like Armageddon and Pearl Harbor, then I can understand it. He's great in most Kevin Smith movies though.

Oh yeah, Shrek is awesome.
 BCanr2d2
11-25-2002, 8:04 AM
I think the Princes name was Farquad........

Anyway, a very good movie, wasn't sure what to expect from it.

Just watched Se7en again last week, you have to see it.....
Page: 1 of 1