Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Clan

Page: 1 of 1
 Reinmar
08-14-2001, 10:26 PM
Hello everyone, My Old Nmae is DF_Darkangel_GA, Anyone who has played me will know that someone who can clock up 100 frags against 3 players in 20mins is a very real person, not fantasy.

For the mean time ive Quit JK, in wait for JK2, since more than likely the saber fighting will have changed.

Anyway, Im wanting to Start up a Elite Clan, The best of the Best, im only going to allow 29 players to join, Since if clans get to big everyone who is good doesnt get a good rank or the clan breaks up etc etc..

So If anyone wants to Join this JK2 clan, or just wants to ask about it, contact me on

synthetichero@hotmail.com

Anyone who is a elite or is in a elite clan will know me or know of me, one or the other. :eek:

Reinmar
AKA DF_Darkangel_GA
 wardz
08-14-2001, 10:31 PM
welcome,

you'd better speak to WDTORMENT, he has a similar idea to you also

cheers,

wardz

[ August 14, 2001: Message edited by: wardz ]
 Reinmar
08-14-2001, 10:38 PM
Yeah but the only thing was that he was looking a super clan, with all the elites, no matter how good a commander you are if you make your clan to big then the clan will fall 2 bits, simple, Im looking about 30 people altogether, something small but the name will be regonised, also no rank bollox, if we are all elite then we are all equal or close to equal, it may sound like it wont work but i have ideas to how it will work.

Where theirs a will, theirs a way

Reinmar
 wardz
08-14-2001, 10:43 PM
just trying to point ya in the right direction...

wardz
 Reinmar
08-14-2001, 10:46 PM
Thanx, Didnt meant to sound Nasty :D

Just i dont agree with the Super Clan idea... http://www.geocities.com/darkangel_gm/raven_big.jpg)
 Celestial
08-15-2001, 1:57 AM
Good luck with that Reinmar.
 WD_ToRMeNt
08-24-2001, 7:38 AM
I've never heard of him before. If a superclan ever did get off the ground, it would prolly be invite only to those who had a rep and was a "know man." Granted, I can't say I know everying who has reached a level that I would repest, but I know that majority who have been active in that last year and some whom I've never met but are legend (Patton and WD_Jeb for instance).
 WD_ToRMeNt
08-24-2001, 7:46 AM
BTW starting an "elite" clan is kinda a joke. I've met up with and gone against. "elite" clans and raped thier member NF, FF, whatever 1v3. Didn't matter, they're only a handfull of truely expert/elite clans, and I knew they weren't one of them.

The worst thing you can do it call ur clan leet when it really isn't.

Dark angel, it doesn't take an expert to slaughter persuasion/lightning/throw/whatever newbies.

[ August 24, 2001: Message edited by: -WD- ToRMeNt ]
 DarkLich
08-24-2001, 2:28 PM
By "elite" do you mean people that were good at jedi knight? Because anyone who *was* good at jedi knight will probably suck for awhile before getting better, for example the server side hosting. That will be cool, because no one will be able to cog, unless the host has cogs(if they are at all possible). Rogue Spear has the same sort of mechanics that the new jedi knight will have, basically it will be possible for low bandwith to play, but not to host. If they do host it will be 1 or 2 people on a 56k, and a T3 could probably host 10 or so. Also, the host computer would need to meet the requirements and beyond, because unlike jedi knight where it is a "bring your own stuff" system, this system is "have an awesome host and it will run good". So the system will be changed, and I doubt anyone is going to be awesome from jedi knight before anyone else. At best the FF players will have the hotkey system down, but in theory they changed the force mechanics.
 WD_ToRMeNt
08-24-2001, 4:19 PM
Get off the WD name Darklick.
 DeathBoLT
09-05-2001, 2:23 AM
a superclan made of the current JK elites won't actually be special beyond the fact that everyone understands the concepts of run and gun. there is a lot of guilds out there(some browsed JK and some ruled it) that fully understand the concept of 'run n gun' and applied it to other games. TF and IRN are two perfect examples of guilds with members that weren't simply stars in 1 game and mediocre players in other games.

I know I'm distancing myself from any guild composed of mostly current JK elites b/c they may have been greats in JK, but they haven't proven themselves able to carry their greatness over into other games.
 Kurgan
09-05-2001, 2:46 AM
And that's perfectly okay... you don't have to be good at EVERY game after all. I highly doubt that there are many JK clan elites who could beat me in Ring Rage, for example, but I'm not stressing that as anything that they need to worry about. ; )

Anyhow, you play what you like, and if you happen to be good enough at it that you win a lot in multiplayer against people of comparable skill, hey, more power to you.

And if you enjoy being with a group of friends who play together often and share notes, great!

Not everyone who was an "elite" at JK will be so at JK2. Many probably won't even continue on to the new game, but we'll get some of the old and many new people, who will fill that gap and contribute with skill and gain the admiration of their peers. We'll master the game together, and maybe later we'll teach the newbies that come along after the first round and teach them a thing or two. ; )

So here's to a new generation of Jedi Knights, Sith Lords, Bounty Hunters, and galactic swashbuckling pirates.

*raises mug of Correllian ale*
 matt--
09-05-2001, 3:20 AM
Aye to that, Capt'n Kurgan!
 YubYub
09-06-2001, 9:04 AM
again deathbolt is on the money but perhaps throw in DH as well.

btw i think if the _legends_ you mentioned did play jk2 they would not join your _super elite_ clan simply becuase they have clans f their own.... also that and they probably would think your a bunch of young newbs.
 KillerBee
09-06-2001, 10:51 PM
please read this (http://www.3dactionplanet.com/features/articles/wanker) and this (http://www.3dactionplanet.com/features/articles/wanker2)

just cause they are teh funny!

anyway imho a lot of people should actually wait to see if they even like jk2.
and secondly, there are people who have elitist attitudes, they arent happy unless they are owning 90% of the community, and they will practice their little butts of till they can, a large proportion of existing jkers are like this, and so will have the right attitude to get elite at jk2.
 WD_ToRMeNt
09-08-2001, 4:05 AM
OMG HAHAH. Should post that on the JaG Site so Ass Kicker can see it.
Page: 1 of 1