Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mulitplayer?

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord Turec
06-04-2001, 3:10 AM
Alright, what was cool about JK was that the Multiplayer wasn't extremely fast. It was well bablanced. Now i have noteiced with some games such as Q3 and EF, that the MP games are fast paced and you die quickly, Very Random. The games go by so fast. You spawn and immeadiatly die. I liked how in JK the MP games were balanced well concerning lag, etc. The MP was also very easy to figure out and get started. Does anyone else think that the MP will be crappy because of the fact that they are using the q3 engine? Just a thought
 NeJJa
06-04-2001, 3:14 AM
Not necassarily. It's just the Q3 engine not the game itself. they can control stuff like pace, and im sure they will if they want me to play theiur game, which you know they do. :rolleyes:
 Dr_Strangelove
06-04-2001, 4:27 AM
I think it might be cool to change the style of multiplay in JediKnigh II. I think it would be interesting to not respawn every time you died, but to wait untill your team died. Or you could have the classic style of play in just a death match and the non-auto respawn when your playing team matches. The auto-respawn especially during team play makes the game to repetitive I think. I know it is fun to get right back in the action, but it sucks if youve taken on 3 guys and you need to get some health and some newbie gets a lucky hit and cause you didnt have that much life or shields you lost a score point. BUt it could work either way, and I'll still be happy as long as they put in Episode I skins and the Theed hanger......... and other classic style skins! Please Raven I beg you!! :)
 Lord Turec
06-04-2001, 5:17 AM
I still remember playing SPORK, man that was fun, with all the EPI skins,the dbl-bladed lightsabre, and the grappling hook too. And also playing Mandalorian Wars. I sure hope that jkII will be just as customizable. My jk was so differnet from the original version cause I had so much extra stuff. I hope they keep the MP similar to the way it was. I know it's not because of the game engine. Just the way the MP game is based when it comes to EF and Q3. I just hope they do't screw over the MP. I am not a really big fan of dying right after a spawn.

[ June 04, 2001: Message edited by: Lord Turec ]
 runab0ut
06-04-2001, 5:58 AM
standard Q3A deathmatch is fast and frantic paced... because it is supposed to be that way. JK's multiplay aspect needs to be fast but careful enough for you to enjoy the saber battles and being immersed in it.

Q3A is just simply deathmatch... get an online avatar model.. and shoot!

with JK2 having the Q3A engine promotes a lot... A LOT of modifications to the game... im sure we're all be happy.
 mdk30
06-04-2001, 2:32 PM
Maybe in JK multiplayer it wasn't quite as easy to die as in Quake 3, but there is no way you can say it wasn't fast paced. Doesn't anyone remember force speed? As soon as someone started whipping around with speed turned on, the match officially sucked if you ask me. You can't even get going that fast in Q3 if you bunny hop.
 Morpheus
06-04-2001, 2:51 PM
Hopefully JK2 will have a very diverse multiplay environment. The Deathmatches of old on BGJ and Oasis were good and very original, but still, capture the flag with jedi powers would be interesting.....

-Morpheus
 Boba Jim
06-04-2001, 2:56 PM
The engine won't affect the way the game is paced. That's up to the game designers. Hopefully Raven will have the map and features set up for both types of play; fast paced kill fest, and strategic confrontations. The thing that needs to stay is the ability to respawn when you wish rather than right away automatically. It's very helpful to watch what's going on around your dead body after you've been killed while you wait to respawn.

Oh yeah....make sure there's more Gonk Droids!! I want a saber fighting Gonk! Or a Gonk with force powers and big guns.

That raises an interesting point. If we do get droid fighters like IG-88 etc., could they have force powers??? Do you need blood to have the force or can you bottle that stuff and cram it into their circuits?

[ June 04, 2001: Message edited by: Gonk Droid ]
 magnus
06-04-2001, 3:07 PM
I hope that TFAOTPJWTUFGKKAHCPJO will include some team assault missions like the ones in Unreal Tournament... maybe some infiltration of imperial bases etc, that would be a lot of fun.
but as long as the deathmatches are good, I'm happy. :)
 CaptainRAVE
06-04-2001, 4:38 PM
You didnt die that quickly in EF.....but yeah, i reckon base infiltrations etc like on the castle map of unreal tournament would be cool :)
 ed_silvergun
06-04-2001, 8:48 PM
Gonk Droid, I think I should introduce you to our friend GonkH8er. Although I expect you'll meet him soon enough anyway... ;)
Page: 1 of 1