Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

In some ways pointless

Page: 1 of 1
 WD_ToRMeNt
06-06-2001, 4:10 PM
Now that I think about it, all this agruing over forces, weapons, character, what whatever else is pretty pointless. No one outside LEC or Raven knows much about it. If you read through some of the offial material, you find that JK2 is pretty much already planned out. Though there are a few things left to work out.

Save your agruing for when you actually have something to argue about.

Now I know Raven reads these board, so posting here might help a little. For instance there have been many who say the STs don't look quite right. Things like that can still be worked on, but the major gameplay elements (forces, guns, blah blah) are already set.

Just a thought.
 CaptainRAVE
06-06-2001, 4:33 PM
Yeah, they are and always will listen....they did with EF and SOF!
 Red_XIIII
06-06-2001, 7:42 PM
but then what are we gonna argue about for a Year? :cool:
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-06-2001, 7:45 PM
We can argue over tons of things over the next year of so. And we don't even have to argue! Just reivew some of the posts at the Obi-Wan Hub at the <a href="http://www.obi-wankenobi.net/">Obi-WanKenobi.Net</a>) forums. There are tons of threads on tons of different things. Get my point? 'Cause I'm getting tired of saying tons. ;)
 StormHammer
06-06-2001, 8:05 PM
Just an FYI...

Obi-Wankenobi.Net no longer exists. It closed over a week ago. So your link leads to a Page Not Found, etc...

We had some good times on those forums, didn't we? :D
 Aragorn
06-06-2001, 8:54 PM
Yes we did...
And it's a shame it had to be this way...
 Darth Simpson
06-06-2001, 9:08 PM
Yup, we had some good times over there...
 digl
06-06-2001, 10:49 PM
I dont think Its pointless
Most of the game may be already planned, but Its not developed yet
And all the force/weapons balancing hasnt probably started yet
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-06-2001, 11:02 PM
Whoa whoa whoa. What's all this about owk.net closing? Last time I went there, less than a week ago, it was still up. I thought Kurgan was keeping it up for Obi-Wan for the X-Box. What happened to that? Did he leave some kind of message up for a day or two? And surely the forums are still up. I know numerous sites that left the forums up a few weeks after the site shut down and the page was gone from the address. Anyone have the address directly to the forums?

Here's the address for the <a href="http://www.obi-wankenobi.net/cgi-bin/forums/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Obi-Wan+Hub&number=10">Obi-Wan) Hub</a>. Let me try it here and see if it's still up.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( It's not. :(
 Sarge
06-06-2001, 11:21 PM
I had some great times over there.
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-06-2001, 11:30 PM
We all did. I don't think that I had any bad times at that website. Accept when I was doing my news rounds for the Obi-Wan Network and I saw that they had gotten the scoop from LucasArts before we did. And the Obi-Wan Network was the first, and the best, IMO, Obi-Wan website out there.
 Letalis
06-06-2001, 11:35 PM
Torment,
Is it so bad to dream? Does hurt discussing what may be? Whilst they may have already developed it, we don't know what is definite and not, so don't stop us from dreaming, and hoping! :)
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-06-2001, 11:43 PM
Always in motion the future is.

I think that pretty much sums up what can happen between now and a year from now. At least it should.
 WD_ToRMeNt
06-07-2001, 12:47 AM
Well, I just thought it a little funny for us to be arguing over something as if WE had control over it, which we really don't. The forces and weapons were prolly decided by LEC when they made the deal with Raven. If you read through the info from the disigners, LEC did give Raven a detailed outline do follow.

Posting will prolly help, but in minor (not necissarily unimportant) ways. If they release screen shots and people don't like then, then im sure they would work on it. But I don't think they will add or subtract forces (or whatever else) due to a few opinions on a message board. They are more or less following the direction of LEC.

[ June 06, 2001: Message edited by: -WD- ToRMeNt ]
 Rancor
06-07-2001, 1:18 AM
Didja check your mail? :cool:
 GonkH8er
06-07-2001, 4:28 AM
Originally posted by -WD- ToRMeNt:
<STRONG>No one outside LEC or Raven knows much about it.</STRONG>

i beg to differ my friend :)
 CaptainRAVE
06-07-2001, 3:33 PM
I dont think its pointless either!
 CaptainRAVE
06-07-2001, 3:34 PM
Remember raven said they wanted to read this so they get ideas. And anyway, like they said before....what would we talk (and argue) about otherwise??????
 Rancor
06-08-2001, 12:05 AM
Well, I think that giving ideas is entirely different than trashing the devs and saying that they suxor and that they don't know anything about SW or what made JK cool. I've seen a little bit of both going on here and seeing as how I NEED to play this game, let's not ruin it by trashing the devs and making them want to stay far away from our message boards.

If the game comes out and it sucks and we find out that they didn't listen to any of our best ideas, then I say we trash 'em. :cool:
 matt--
06-08-2001, 2:05 AM
I do believe that the devs could be reading our posts. If they do then we might be able to affect the game in small ways...nothing major though.
 Letalis
06-08-2001, 2:09 AM
Unless of course we combine out Force power to use a mind trick on them, get them to listen to all we say! ;)

All we need now is an esteemed Jedi to lead us to this victory, anyone seen Mark Hamill recently?
Page: 1 of 1