Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Preview

Page: 1 of 1
 Archie
06-06-2001, 6:23 AM
 SithTexasDeath
06-06-2001, 6:34 AM
Very little has been released in terms of the game's story and nothing's finalized in regards to the available force powers and the control system. Currently, the fighting method with the lightsaber is a direct port from Jedi Knight, which was sadly quite simplistic. Reflecting laser shots was automatic based on where you were looking and your current Jedi skill level. You had a small variety of attack moves at your disposal based on the direction you're running when you hit the fire button. This tended to work well in battles against droids and troopers, but lightsaber duels were quite clumsy........... Kinda of dissapointing. I thought there would be better Light sabre control.

:( :( I still cant wait though because of the q3a engine :D
 CaptainRAVE
06-06-2001, 4:38 PM
All we're seeing at the moment though are the same details written slightly differently....but if your like me then you'll wanna get your teeth into every little scrap i can find :)
 WD_ToRMeNt
06-06-2001, 5:04 PM
Bah, that's BS. No one has released any info on the moves, and not a whole lot on the forces. The E3 video isn't even something to go by because it is so early in development and so many things can change. If you would have read throught the material, you would know that much of the game is already planned out. Remember the time from now till scheduled release is only 1 year. They did say that there was a few things left to iron out. For the most part however they know what the final thing will be like, they just have actually make it. They just arn't letting the details out.
 matt--
06-07-2001, 2:07 AM
If sabering sucks I'm gonna end up relying more on guns.
 Letalis
06-07-2001, 3:27 AM
Mmmm, I'm the same Matt.

But it will be interesting to see the combination of NF guns, NF Sabers, FF Guns and FF Sabers and which are most favoured this time round, I hope it's balanced nicely. Ive no doubt that'll be a high priority anyway...
 CaptainRAVE
06-07-2001, 4:38 PM
BUT REMEMBER, this was completed in a month for E3.....they've got ages to master the system.......have patience!
Page: 1 of 1