Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Battle Screenshot

Page: 1 of 1
 Indy
06-01-2001, 8:01 PM
This Screenshot
http://www.jedinights.com/jk2shots/jediII_4.jpg)
Everybody keeps saying that this was shot by another person but if you look closly the person that has a blue lightsaber has orange clothing on.So is that Kyle? and if not that means that Kyle is watching somebody fight.
Does Jan Ores wear orange clothes? If so then maybe Jan gets killed or something?Or it could be one of those in-game cutscenes.
 Jedi Howell
06-01-2001, 8:09 PM
No, it's KK. See the shoulder pad? And the shirt, the way it contrasts with the shirt is how it would be if I do a mental simulation of Kataryn in that position with the flare.

jh
 ZeroXcape
06-01-2001, 8:21 PM
We can't really disect these too much. The battle shot may have been taken during a cut-scene or from a third play in MP.

It does have the "42" in the bottom corner which leads me to believe it is a third player and that is his/her health.
 Boba Rhett
06-01-2001, 8:46 PM
If you zoom in on the pic, the person on the left is almost certainly kyle. And is it just me or does the person on the left have a ponytail?
 TheJackal_jk2
06-01-2001, 11:06 PM
I've reduced the glare of the image. Here are the results:

<center><font color=red size=+2>click here (http://www.geocities.com/jackaljk2net/)</center></font>)

[ June 01, 2001: Message edited by: TheJackal ] <-- damn geocities. I have to fix up my personnal server!

[ June 01, 2001: Message edited by: TheJackal ]
 ZeroXcape
06-02-2001, 12:10 AM
You can view <a href="http://128.121.125.95/screenshots/screen004.jpg">THIS</a>) image to get quite upclose.
 Kwup
06-02-2001, 12:18 AM
hey Zero, I want an e-mail addy @jediknightii.net, how much sucking up do I gotta do to get one? :p
 Bartolo_JCS
06-02-2001, 4:11 AM
You guys have great imaginations that is kyle fighting the same chic in the other picture, she has a ponytail very good *clap clap clap* if you look at the other pic it is in the same docking bay location .....
 runab0ut
06-02-2001, 4:55 AM
well... IMO that's not Jan! there are a few certain dark jedi's in the 1st JK like Sariss. but well... look at those models... cant wait to see them animate. :D
 ssyoda
06-02-2001, 5:39 AM
I don't know what you guys are all arguing over. I'm just drooling over the picture itself.
If you actually want to hear my opinion of the models... The guy on the left is wearing, what looks like, a flight suite. For those of you saying no already, I say that cause of the descriptions from the books. The New Republic flight suits have a less...ANH look.
Person on the right...heck...I could care less if that's a ponytail. I can't see anything past that flash of light! And it does look like a female model.
So there's my two credits. Take it and go get your Rancor something!
 DrIfTeR
06-02-2001, 6:51 AM
The person on left is kyle and it just looks orange from the clash and glare of the sabers ,second the person on the right just got their head cut clean off.
 StormHammer
06-02-2001, 3:24 PM
DrIfTeR...yeah, I'd already noticed Kyle is cutting that person's head off. ;)

I wonder if we'll get to see the head fly off?

The other character also looks like a male, IMO. They've just got a short ponytail.

All in all - it's nice to see you can actually make such a hit with the saber this time around. :eek:
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-02-2001, 3:36 PM
If you look at the reflection on the floor, a very nice reflection by the way, you can clearly see from Kyle's saber trail that he is swinging down, and that his opponent is swinging up to block Kyle's shot at his middle section.

Remember all the weird camera angles from Obi-Wan, and from Jedi Knight when they were being developed? Well they are doing the same thing here. They are fighting and they just rotated the camera to get a cool shot to tease us with. :(

[ June 02, 2001: Message edited by: Ki-Adi-Mundi ]
 matt--
06-02-2001, 3:43 PM
Don't steal my two credits bit, please.
 ed_silvergun
06-02-2001, 8:19 PM
Originally posted by ZeroXcape
<STRONG>We can't really disect these too much.</STRONG>

I agree. Looking at the architecture and the backdrops shown on the video clip, and comparing them with the screenshots we have on offer so far, I am pretty convinced that at least the majority of these screenshots are from the E3 demo level. Now, if I remember rightly, that level was put together purely for display purposes at E3 and won't be in the finished game. For this reason, I don't think we should be too analytical of these shots as yet.

It was mentioned in a number of previews that the demo at E3 exhibited a number of stormtroopers as well as one duel with a Dark Jedi. This seems to fit in pretty well with what we see in these screenshots.

What I do really like is the blaster rifle shown in the shot with the "fat" stormtroopers. It looks more like the original Dark Forces blaster rifle and less like the model used in JK, which I always thought was less visually impressive. I also really like the scope on the rifle shown in the same shot. I can't wait to recapture that great MotS feeling you got when you picked off a hapless stormtrooper miles away across a level. Top stuff! ;)
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-02-2001, 8:24 PM
The scope was pretty nice. I'm sure they'll impliment it into jk2.

Hmmm... think we'll see the Bryar Pistol make it's return to Kyle's hand? I hope not!

Those stormies don't seem fat to me, just big boned. :p
 NeJJa
06-02-2001, 8:31 PM
the bryar will be there with an added scope.
 StormHammer
06-02-2001, 8:32 PM
Ki-Adi-Mundi...

Ripped straight from my Jedi Outcast fan-site..

Weapons officially announced by Lucasarts as returning include:

1. Lightsaber
2. Bryar blaster pistol
3. Blaster rifle
4. Wookie Bowcaster
5. Thermal detonators
6. Stun baton

I think that answers your question. :)

As to what other weapons we'll see, who knows? Well, apart from Raven/Lucasarts, who knows?
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-02-2001, 8:34 PM
oh, heh. :o

Think the wookie bowcaster will be as powerful as Chewie's?
 ed_silvergun
06-02-2001, 8:35 PM
Well, I'd be tempted to put money on you being able to use your fists again...
 Indy
06-03-2001, 2:28 AM
Zorro I wrote that post how did you edit my post to make it your username?
I wrote that post not you Zorro!!!!!
 Indy
06-03-2001, 2:30 AM
I have proof that you didnt even right that post becuase if you look at his profile it says 0 posts and if you look at the recent posts 0.Try to explain that!!!!!!
 Thrawn
06-03-2001, 2:44 AM
*stares off into space*

What pretty colors!

oh, back to the topic. I think these shots are from the demo as well.

Origionally i was hoping that this game would be about Kyle in the NJO timeline. One day they'll make a game off of that. I just want to fight the Vong. :)
 Aragorn
06-03-2001, 5:10 AM
I totally agree with Ed, these screeshots have to be from the demo level shown at E3.
Analising them wouldn't give us to many things about the game. IMO it is to early to talk even about the Stormtrooper models as they might change them on the way...
But that Stormtrooper rifle looks really amazing! Very Dark Forces!!!
 CaptainRAVE
06-03-2001, 5:56 PM
Yea, taking into account that this was completed in a month just to get it ready for E3 its pretty good. But as raven said it has nothing to do with the story line of the game. It was just a level to show off the features! :D And nice they are!!!!!!!
 LightStaff
06-03-2001, 10:28 PM
The orange on the left guy's clothing (Who I think is Kyle) is just the glare from the other guy's saber IMO..
Page: 1 of 1