Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Jedi Outcast Screenshots

Page: 1 of 1
 Wilhuf
05-31-2001, 12:23 PM
GamesFirst (http://www.gamesfirst.com./) has posted five screenshots from Jedi Outcast. Also included is a preview. Take a look!

Thanks GamesFirst (http://www.gamesfirst.com./)!)

Raven has done some very impressive work. The part I like is how the design is cosistent with the original Star Wars, right down to the control panels, circular lights, and linework on the walls.

[ May 31, 2001: Message edited by: Wilhuf ]
 Levman
05-31-2001, 12:38 PM
For only being in development in such a short amount of time, the game is shaping up well..

I like the models of the Stormtroopers, they were always one of my faved characters in the SW universe...
 PyromanFO
05-31-2001, 12:41 PM
Oh man, oh man, oh man...........
*thump*

/me 's head hits the floor
 Darth Lunatic
05-31-2001, 1:38 PM
Most of it looks pretty good....

But still, the lightsabre blur effect is not right. They should fix this now!! In the movies the core stays white and widens when the blade is swung. It doesnt fade like that picture indicates.....at least its not as bad as obi-wan.

Even heretic 2 got the effect right. When holding the staff an activating its power it began to glow. When swung the core stayed white but didnt fade!!
 Darth Simpson
05-31-2001, 1:42 PM
The Stormtrooper models look fantastic.

My favourite picture by far is this one though.

http://www.gamesfirst.com./articles/2001e3/LucasArtsPC/jediII_4.jpg)
 ZeroXcape
05-31-2001, 1:45 PM
You can make out more by looking at the reflective floor then you can by looking at the characters themselves ;)

The screens do look quite nice.
 Tre Lightshadow
05-31-2001, 1:47 PM
The screenshots rule, the game looks better than I thought it would this far. I can't wait for it now. I hope they show a screenshot from first person saber view, that would be cool, I want to see what the saber looks like up close. :eek:
 Tre Lightshadow
05-31-2001, 1:49 PM
Oh ya, shouldn't the reflective floor have a bright flash on it too? It still looks nice, I was just wondering about that... :confused:
 WD_ToRMeNt
05-31-2001, 1:52 PM
Wow those look great!
 ZeroXcape
05-31-2001, 1:58 PM
I'm guessing the storm trooper shot is the scope of a gun due to the border and cross eye, but I also want to see a first-person saber shot. I highly doubt I'll ever saber in FP, but the graphics look pretty sweet.

We should compile a top-ten list of "most wanted screens to be released next" and forward it to LEC and Raven ;)
 Is_907
05-31-2001, 1:58 PM
Ooooooooooooohhhhhhh, aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

-Breathes heavily and quickly-

-Bangs head against desk-

I want Jk2 to come out NOW!

-The screens look so good to Is that he falls back in the chair and lands on his head- *Blackout*
 Sarge
05-31-2001, 2:04 PM
COOL!!! Thats all I can say, COOL!!! :D
 Obi Kwan
05-31-2001, 2:25 PM
LightShadow-

That bright flash may be some type of sun (i think i can kinda see a circular shape in there some where.) I cant believe these screens are only a few months old they look great!
 MJR PAIN UK
05-31-2001, 2:36 PM
I think your right about a sun in the back ground and it would make sense as they are fighting outside. I can't wait for it to come out i just hope it doesn't get delayed :(
 Wilhuf
05-31-2001, 2:44 PM
http://www.speakeasy.org/~jbmiller/AF/jk2_kyle.jpg)
I ran the image through a quick and dirty brightness/contrast adjust so we can see some more detail.

I think the light saber looks terrific. Look at the detail on the handle.

I see Kyle still wears those always-trendy Galactic Shoulderpads.

[ May 31, 2001: Message edited by: Wilhuf ]
 ZeroXcape
05-31-2001, 3:09 PM
Looks good Wilhuf!
 Bartolo_JCS
05-31-2001, 3:38 PM
wow..... wow..
 magnum
05-31-2001, 3:40 PM
AAAAAGGHHHHH!!!!! AAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!! This is unfair, I was eating and now I almost get killed by all the food stuck in my throath ;)

Well, I think I'm speaking for most of us when I say a big, big THANK YOU LEC & RAVEN for letting us see this (very) early screenshots :D :D :D :D :D

I think that they know how anxious a JK player could be ;)
 Bartolo_JCS
05-31-2001, 3:42 PM
hahaha, easy there magnum, chew your food completely before swallowing, hahaha
 Kettch
05-31-2001, 3:48 PM
impressive, most impressive.

I love that saber.

These objects are so...round. :D
 Thrawn
05-31-2001, 3:51 PM
Any thoughts as to why Kyle's sporin' a blue sabre? If he was going to build another one, he could have at least made it blue :D
 Bartolo_JCS
05-31-2001, 4:11 PM
this message needs to be at the top, yea...hehe
 Boba Rhett
05-31-2001, 4:27 PM
Those screenshots are amazing. :eek:

*Falls deeper into his growing obsession with JK2*
 magnum
05-31-2001, 4:29 PM
Well, I have swallowed my food now :D

I agree that the motion blur should be like in the movies (a la Glowsaber 3)

Have anyone noticed in the screenshot with the big flare/sunlight/whatever the posture of the characters? I'm begining to think that the saber fights would be *SO* cool... ggggggg... *drool* *more drool* *even MORE drool*
 wardz
05-31-2001, 4:38 PM
Dont worry lads, your favourite englishman is back!

Out of interest has someone taken my name? i spent AGES trying to register wardz but it woldn't let me, so i have to be wardz1 instead as my username.

anyway, nice to meet u all again esp the OWK.net guys (god bless). Dont you get that feeling of Deja-vu?

The pictures are great. Do you all remember griping about the sparks when the sabers clash? well it appears they have gone! WOOHOO!!

Also, are there any places\vacancies remaining for a forum moderator? If I dont receive a reply to an email, does that mean no? :)

Good to see you all again, long may it continue...

wardz
 WD_ToRMeNt
05-31-2001, 4:39 PM
Well, we started JK with a green saber and ended up with Yun's red/orange one (that's if you didn't take a walk down the dark side hehe). I guess blue will be nice for a change.
 Aeolus
05-31-2001, 5:05 PM
I see Kyle is still sporting his peasant uniform from the Renaissance. I would like to see him with his silver body armor from Dark Forces.

http://aeolus2k.homestead.com/files/kyle.jpg)

[ May 31, 2001: Message edited by: Aeolus ]
 mdk30
05-31-2001, 5:45 PM
The storm troopers look awesome, as do the lightsabers. I really like the reflections of the troopers on the floor. So remeniscent of the reflections on the floor when Palpatine visited the Deathstar.
 wardz
05-31-2001, 5:55 PM
look at the two Kyle's! (the one above and the new one) Dare to compare?

wardz

[ May 31, 2001: Message edited by: wardz ]
 Boba Rhett
05-31-2001, 6:01 PM
All the reflections I saw kicked major arse.
 Boba Rhett
05-31-2001, 6:03 PM
All the reflections I saw kicked major arse.
I especially liked the troopers reflections. Woohoo! No more having to make duplicate sectors!
 Dr_Strangelove
05-31-2001, 6:07 PM
AHHHHH screenshots, what I have been waiting for. The screenshots are awesome and I cant wait to see some more of the duels. This game is going to be awesome and I hope they throw a slue of multiplayer skins in like, Obi-Wan, Maul, Qui-Gon so we can have a burly Ep1 duel in Mp cause the lightsaber and the dueling looks incredible. :D
 Jedi Howell
05-31-2001, 6:19 PM
Anyone notice the one with the F_lightning? I think the st is slightly off the ground, don't you?

*starts annoying voice*

And there are sparks
and the lightning shoots through the ST
and KK(Kyle Kataryn, kk is the model name)does a cool new motion!

*end annoying voice*

Also, I think the zoom rocks, and notice the higher ranking trooper is leading the lower ranking(the shoulder patch indicates a Field Trooper, right?). I hope they do a better job w/ strifle accuracy. I wonder if the troopers will use different weapons, as the JK/MotS(specifically MotS) ones did...

jh
 OnlyOneCanoli
05-31-2001, 6:33 PM
Wow, the game is coming along nicely, especially for such a short period of development time. I like the stormtrooper models a lot more. No more 10 polygon stormies. ;)
 magnus
05-31-2001, 7:16 PM
Here are my thoughts about the screenshots:

1. Boy!
2. Boy, I haven't seen this nice and clean graphics in any other game, it's gonna be spectacularrrr!
3. Boy, Kyle's got a nice looking beard.. :D
4. Boy, How am I going to sleep after this?
5. Boy, Does the badguy with the red lightsaber look mean?
6. Boy, are we going to have fun in a year or what?
7. Boy, do I have to upgrade in a year or what?
8. Boy, do I want this game or what?
 StormHammer
05-31-2001, 7:28 PM
Doh...here at last.

All I can say to the screenshots is...wow!

If the game looks this good so early in development, I wonder how it's going to look at the end when they start applying the polish.

I too like the details on the characters and on Kyle's lightsaber. The environments are looking good, if a little sparse, but I'm sure that will be remedied.

A big thank you to LEC and Lucasarts. You people are doing a great job, and no mistake.

The stormtrooper shot looks like it was ripped straight out of the films.

And those lightsaber battles look very impressive... :)
 wardz
05-31-2001, 8:20 PM
Welcome stormhammer!

I had a butchers at your site earlier and i must say it is coming on very nicely indeed. All you need now is to remove the OBI pictures and replace them with some KK ones.

wardz
 StormHammer
05-31-2001, 8:28 PM
Thnx wardz...

I'll be changing the pics soon...but it looks like I need to update the news.

I can't believe this site just popped up...my PC blew a fuse yesterday, and I had to wait until today to get another one. Would you believe it? This PC and me are not on good terms at the mo.

Catch you l8r... ;)
 wardz
05-31-2001, 8:35 PM
I know what you mean. I was trying to get to JK.net for some news but it had crashed so i went to massassi and it said screenshots. I couldn't believe it. Then it said jkii.net and i was even more astonished.

Hopefully this will the last move for a while. Will OWK.net be opening at all at some point? Even if it did, I wouldn't bother re-signing, it wouldn't have the same atmosphere and would ruin it...

wardz
 ed_silvergun
05-31-2001, 9:07 PM
Observations about the screenshots:

The crosshair is the same as one of those in Elite Force The textures in the screenshot with the four stormtroopers look exactly like those in the films
I don't see any mana pool in any of the screenshots
The backdrops suggest to me that most of the shots are taken from the E3 demo
Who actually took the fourth shot? There must be a second player in the arena. Is it co-op? Or standard multiplayer?

[ May 31, 2001: Message edited by: ed_silvergun ]
 ZeroXcape
06-01-2001, 11:06 PM
test
 Aragorn
06-01-2001, 11:25 PM
Those screens are amazing!!!
The Stormtroopers look very detailed and the only thing that bothers me is that they look like they are moving with exactly the same patern. It would be nice if there were some variations to their animation...
The lightsaber handle looks incredible!!!
The amound of detail is amazing. I think they had to make it that detailed because we'd get to see it closer in FP.
It also seems to me that Kyle uses the saber in some screens with the left hand but I'm not that sure about it...

THIS GAME WILL BE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!
 Mongo
04-11-2002, 10:47 AM
Ooohh jee i can't wait for this game to come out.

Yeeeeeeehaaaw wats the release date???

Looking from these screenys it looks like a great game.

I'm gonna start saving right now.

I only just finished the first one, i hope the second will be as good as the last. :amidala:
 Mongo
04-11-2002, 10:51 AM
I forgot to ask... can someone give me a cool webpage were i can pre-order this game... it only looks half finished but i want to make sure i get a copy cause it looks like its going to be a blast
from the past maaaann

ooo i cant wait dudes.. Cowa-Bunger maaan!
 ps2maddenman
04-11-2002, 10:51 AM
This game looks very very cool, I can't wait to play it!!
 Mongo
04-11-2002, 10:53 AM
im glad soemeone else does... I thought i was the only starwars freek for a minute then.. thanks dude :evanpiel:
Page: 1 of 1