Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Carth's rank in the Republic?

Page: 1 of 1
 evilhazardz
08-31-2013, 6:00 PM
I know that Carth was promoted to an Admiral in the second game, but is it ever mentioned what rank he was as the time of him being on board the Endar Spire?

He's referred to as a republic soldier a few times, but I think that shouldn't be taken at face value, considering there may be higher ranks like officer/lieutenant who could also be considered soldiers.

BTW, if is wondering why I'm asking this question that seems so minuscule, it's because I'm going to have a go at a little bit of nostalgia, via KotOR. Maybe I am a little OTT when it comes to things like this, but I would like to know which Republic suit I should give him to replace that hideous orange flight jacket that he wears.
 NoIdeaWhatImDoing
09-02-2013, 1:51 AM
He's referred to as a Commander if I remember correctly. I'm not sure if that's his actual rank or just an acknowledgment that he's commanding everyone on board, but Wookiepedia seems to think it's his rank.

In 3,956 BBY, it was assigned to Jedi Knight Bastila Shan and crewed by, among others, veteran commander Carth Onasi, Ensign Trask Ulgo, Revan, and several Republic soldiers.

Commander is linked to a page about the rank of commander.
 Fastmaniac
09-02-2013, 8:58 AM
Hmm, that's weird. I can't spot that part in the wiki about Carth on Wookiepedia. Instead I found this:

In 3,964 BBY, he served aboard the Inexpugnable-class tactical command ship Courageous as a helmsman and was promoted to Lieutenant.
[...]
Onasi eventually found himself on board the Endar Spire as mostly an advisor, carrying Bastila Shan, a Jedi whose abilities were vital to the success of the war effort.

And that's where the story of KoTOR sets in.

For his part in the defeat of the Sith forces, Onasi (along with Revan and the rest of his companions) was awarded the Cross of Glory.
[...]
Some time after playing a part in the Battle of Rakata Prime, Onasi was made an Admiral in the Republic Navy.

And that's it. Nothing more said about his rank.
Source: Link (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Carth_Onasi)
 Scorge
09-02-2013, 4:59 PM
He must have been a General, or the rank just below Admiral.
 NoIdeaWhatImDoing
09-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Hmm, that's weird. I can't spot that part in the wiki about Carth on Wookiepedia.

I was on the Endar Spire page, not Carth's. His may be better researched, though.
 Prime
09-06-2013, 8:37 PM
I believe he was a Captain in the KOTOR comics, which happened before the events of the game during the Mandalorian Wars. Commander is what I remember him being.
Page: 1 of 1