Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The XWA.net One-Year Thread VIII: Heir to the Forum

Page: 2 of 5
 Rogue15
01-14-2013, 7:59 AM
i was right the dentist that did my filling ****ed me. filling was right onto the nerve, so ended up having to get it pulled. miserable right now.
 Rogue15
01-14-2013, 2:20 PM
codeine is worthless...800mg ibuprofen helped more than i thought it would. :D

500 more posts to 18000!!!!
 edlib
01-15-2013, 6:45 PM
Whoo-Hoo! Another night at work! :dozey:

Hopefully this one ends early. I'm tired.

Only a few more days and then I'm off to visit dad in sunny Florida. That will be a nice change of pace for a few days. I don't have much time-off built up though... so it has to be a somewhat brief trip. I tried to schedule it around a school holiday so I could get an extra free day.
 Rogue15
01-16-2013, 12:47 AM
15 hours of sleep....wtf
 Rogue15
01-16-2013, 1:03 PM
about to purchase the newer xbox 360....$300...got my older one but it only has like 2 gigs left, new one with 250gb...probably comes with new game too. :) yes i will go buy it right now!

bought it! it came with the new forza and free dload of skyrim. :joy: cant wait to play...features im happy it came with that made the purchase legit: way more hd space, hdmi port, integrated wifi, headset, skyrim.

happy happy joy joy!!! lol now i gotta decide if i want to transfer everything from my original over or just start fresh...probably start fresh with a new gamertag....hmmm wonder what one i will pick. dont have xbox live here. :(
 K_Kinnison
01-16-2013, 5:15 PM
i have been playing some Forza 4. Was able to make make "Herbie" the famous OLD VW beetle. Still haven't figured out how to use Kinect with forza.

warlordkinnison, is my account.
 edlib
01-16-2013, 11:59 PM
We'll have to race head to head online someday. Zondas, on the Nьrburgring, at dawn... ;)

Share some cars in the club garage. I'm curious to see what weapons you choose.
 Rogue15
01-17-2013, 5:57 AM
i dont do racing games. :( they give me road rage when i actually am out driving for reals. though they are addicting, i think the last one i played was sega gt 2000? for xbox. lol. i like shooters and rpgs. going to pick Far Cry 3 up for sure.
 Keyan Farlander
01-17-2013, 10:10 AM
I used to like racing games, but I haven't really found one I like on the 360. The Forza games seemed like they might be cool, but I never felt I had the time to actually learn one of them right. There's so much to them. I long for the simple days of Daytona USA. There were four cars and three tracks. That was all we needed back in my day!
 K_Kinnison
01-17-2013, 10:52 AM
The only reason I got Forza, is my big brother is into racing, and it is one of the few types of games I could not easily play on my Laptop.

Forza is for people who love cars and want to race them. Your not stuck with ovals, you have such a wide variety of cars and tracks which give it a huge replay value.

I put "Herbie" into the club garage, tho the '63 VW Beetle requires DLC. Dropped a 1.7L engine into it and tweaked and tuned it near max in the F class
 Rogue15
01-17-2013, 11:19 AM
having fun right now on plenty of fish emailed like 10 women on there, not expecting a single one of them to reply. i figure the more i message the more chance i will have of getting a reply email. if i message 10 a day in a week, that's 70 different women a week, certainly i will at least get 1 reply back!
 edlib
01-17-2013, 9:50 PM
K.K.: Herbie looks nice! Did you do the vinyl designs yourself?

I never had the patience for that. I did a few back in FM3... But I haven't tried any in 4.

I usually just paint my cars a pewter color, with blacked out trim... If I even bother to do that.

Often, I'm buying a car just to meet the requirements of a single race series, and I just max out the upgrades for that class, tweak the tuning for the type of tracks we'll be on, and go... never planning on racing that car again once I've taken gold in those events.
 Ikhnaton
01-17-2013, 9:59 PM
i was right the dentist that did my filling ****ed me. filling was right onto the nerve, so ended up having to get it pulled. miserable right now.If the filling was "right on the nerve" then it means that the decay went that deep. Most dentists don't like to get too close to the pulp when doing a filling, but sometimes the decay goes that deep. Even if we don't actually perforate into the pulp chamber when cleaning out decay, sometimes the pulp can get irritated from all the drilling.

Dentists are human and many make mistakes, but it bugs the hell out of me when people blame dentists for what is ultimately their own fault.
 Rogue15
01-17-2013, 10:00 PM
then why didnt he just pull it to begin with? or root canal. and no there wasnt even a cavity in that tooth at least not noticable, and the tooth didn't even hurt until the ****er ****ed with it.
 Rebel Loyaltist
01-17-2013, 11:44 PM
Let me just saying, being in the Army is incredible. I love it. Yes RL is back to steal the show
 K_Kinnison
01-17-2013, 11:52 PM
K.K.: Herbie looks nice! Did you do the vinyl designs yourself?

Yes I did, was not too difficult, once i realized you could rotate, skew, and change the size of the vinyls. It probably took me an hour or so. The the hardest part was getting the numbers on the hood since on the mesh it was half on the hood and half on the top.

For me, If one of my cars isn't up to the class, I will upgrade as needed. For tweaking I just use the tuning guide (http://www.2shared.com/file/E_EpJMTO/Forza_Motorsports_Tuning_Guide.html). I am just doing career mode now, but I might just start going after the events specifically
 Ikhnaton
01-18-2013, 12:53 PM
then why didnt he just pull it to begin with? or root canal. and no there wasnt even a cavity in that tooth at least not noticable, and the tooth didn't even hurt until the ****er ****ed with it.Because you don't just pull a tooth because it has a deep filling. A root canal is a major procedure on a tooth and permanently weakens it, plus it is also expensive, so we try to avoid getting to that point.

Point is, stop blaming the dentist for trying to fix the decay in your teeth that is ultimately your own fault. Just because you can't see it when you look in the mirror doesn't mean it isn't there.

Trust me, I'm a ****ing doctor.
 Rogue15
01-18-2013, 1:08 PM
lol ok whatever, at least i didnt have to pay for any of it, cause if i did i would be beyond pissed. get off your high horse. the tooth that this happened to was the bottom one, second one to the back from the canine on the left side.

military dentists probably have a different way of doing things than civilian doctors...i know the pay is the same for a military dentist regardless of the operation.

yeah you are probably right about the tooth decay.....but it would have gotten the dentist points from me if he would have told me the filling was RIGHT ON THE NERVE.

at the very least, that tooth survived over a year after without as much pain (though still had pain not present whatsoever before the drill and fill).

in the end, all of my teeth and bones are going to be scattered somewhere across the earth or in a box or burned so it doesnt ****ing matter so why bother ranitng about it on an internet message board.
 K_Kinnison
01-18-2013, 2:32 PM
That is why I like my Dentist. To them we are a part of a team, if i do a good job of brushing and flossing my teeth, they don't have to do much work. But they can only do so much with cleaning.

Right now I have another tooth that is riddled with fillings and is starting to fall apart. My dentist is recommending an extraction and crown on that one. After going through the process before (getting impressions done next week for crown #1) I know what is involved, and i might just do it to get the awesome pain meds.. twice.
 edlib
01-18-2013, 4:29 PM
Yes I did, was not too difficult, once i realized you could rotate, skew, and change the size of the vinyls. It probably took me an hour or so. The the hardest part was getting the numbers on the hood since on the mesh it was half on the hood and half on the top.

For me, If one of my cars isn't up to the class, I will upgrade as needed. For tweaking I just use the tuning guide (http://www.2shared.com/file/E_EpJMTO/Forza_Motorsports_Tuning_Guide.html). I am just doing career mode now, but I might just start going after the events specificallyI'll look into that guide sometime. I had an iPhone app for FM3 tunings... but after doing it a couple of times, I can usually do it by feel.

You should sell that design on the marketplace. Get you some more game credits and unlock an achievement.

I've never had a filling. I've had my wisdom teeth out, my molars sealed with plastic, and a gum tissue graft, but I've never had a cavity, or needed braces.
 Keyan Farlander
01-18-2013, 8:42 PM
I had braces, but my dentist wants me to get invisiline or whatever anyway. And he also says I don't have cavities "per say", but I need a lot of fillings anyway...for...some reason?
 edlib
01-18-2013, 9:02 PM
All packed. I leave for Florida in the a.m. :)

Also: My new windshield is fantastic. I didn't realize how scratched and pitted the old one was until I drove around tonight with one so clean that I didn't know it was there.

I got a flu shot tonight. Now that the flu panic is subsiding... :rolleyes:

I'm not bringing a computer with me this time, just my phone... so posting may be even more sparse than it has been of late. But it's only 10 days, including 2 days of travel... so I wanted to travel really light this time.

Anyway: I'll check in from the beach!

:joy:
 Keyan Farlander
01-18-2013, 11:24 PM
Have fun!
 Rogue15
01-19-2013, 12:39 AM
haha its going to be weird going home driving my tracker after driving uparmored humvees...
 edlib
01-19-2013, 10:59 AM
So... Going through airport security it was pointed out to me that my license expired last June.

Ah... Oops.

I guess I'll have to take care of that as soon as I get back. It also means no driving down south. Bummer.

I can't believe I haven't pulled out my ID at any time in the last 7 or 8 months and noticed it before. Strange...
 Keyan Farlander
01-19-2013, 3:06 PM
Huh. Usually they send you something in the mail.

Well, I'm off to visit Moog headquarters early tomorrow morning. Hopefully I can at least get them to hear the problem with my synth.
 Rogue15
01-19-2013, 3:24 PM
finally playing my xbox 360! halo 4 is ****in awesome. the new enemies are tough, new weapons aren't too bad either. going to go pick up Far Cry 3 soon.

heh at least im not crying about not having a girlfriend anymore....that's one good thing about video games i guess. keeps me out of trouble...kind of wishing i was with my organic company isntead of attached to another one...
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-20-2013, 3:34 PM
1 Year Anniversary with my GF.... :\ seems bitter sweet though, as my bro's here have had a rough time of it.
 Kuuki
01-21-2013, 12:34 PM
finally playing my xbox 360! halo 4 is ****in awesome.

I tend to stay away from games that seemingly appear as something that has been washed rinsed and repeated a few times with a new sticker on it saying that its another sequel.

just my opinion.
 Rogue15
01-21-2013, 1:14 PM
had a ****ing awesome birthday.
 edlib
01-21-2013, 6:02 PM
Florida is nice... Though it has rained pretty much since I landed.

It's kinda weird being pretty much the youngest person in the area everywhere we go... By at least 10 or 15 years when you are 42...

Congrats Cracken!
It's been a rough time... But the more I think about it all, the better off I feel about the situation for all involved. I'm pretty sure a breaking point would have been reached eventually had things not gone down the way they did... Probably sooner rather than later.

I think when I get back I'll be ready to figure out my next moves...

A trip to the Moog factory sounds like my kind of field trip! Hopefully the pin down the ghost in the machine and exercise it!
 Keyan Farlander
01-21-2013, 9:54 PM
A trip to the Moog factory sounds like my kind of field trip! Hopefully the pin down the ghost in the machine and exercise it!

Alas, no. I replicated the issue for him, but he still couldn't hear it. He mentioned being a metal head, and his hearing probably wasn't what it once was. And the room we were in was a bit noisy. Anyway, I asked if we could listen to another unit. We hooked up the reference unit and...same thing! It might have been a bit quieter, but I could hear the same thing coming out of that one. So...this must be a quirk of the Voyager design. It's hard to believe it could have done unnoticed all this time, though granted I was doing some unusual things with my levels to work in some special effects. It sounds to me like the mixer output bleeds a bit into the normal output channels, especially the right one.

So that's kind of annoying, but I should be able to rejigger my studio setup to get around it. It was probably worth the trip to get the peace of mind that it wasn't some issue unique to my unit. Everyone there was really nice, and it was a cool place. I saw a bit of it, but they give tours as well. They invited me to stay for one, but I wanted to start back, since it was such a long drive. Maybe I'll head back that way some time and take one, though.

It's a heck of a drive for one day (500 miles from where I am), but it was quite beautiful, through the mountains. It was nice to get away from home for a while and have a little adventure, too. If only I had had a lady to take along, it would have been a swell weekend getaway.
 Rogue15
01-21-2013, 11:13 PM
ghost recon future soldier is awesome. waiting for the px to finish their inventory and get me a copy of Far Cry 3. :) what is this "work" you all speak of.

@my ex: hahaha i got the life, bitch u shouldnt have left me! i'm making a bigger difference than you ever will.
 K_Kinnison
01-22-2013, 12:31 AM
finally playing my xbox 360! halo 4 is ****in awesome. the new enemies are tough, new weapons aren't too bad either. going to go pick up Far Cry 3 soon.

I get bored playing single player FPS now. They all seem the same and to me end up being a 3-D version of super mario, with point and click action. and they get SO repetitive that I try to find weird and unusual ways to kill opponents to keep it interesting.

I tried playing Bioshock, and got fed up after the usual "The way is blocked, go this way it is longer and more dangerous"
 Rogue15
01-22-2013, 12:38 PM
ghost recon is a little different, more tactical, and far cry is different as it's open world pretty much, i dont really like the single player as far as repetition on cod, the achievements are blah and not really any point to it i like ghost recon cause you have to use tactics.

i found metal gear collection for $30 today...decided to buy it. *shrug* still waiting for px to get my copy of far cry 3!!!
 Rogue15
01-23-2013, 1:45 PM
wow...mgs is ****ing hard.

think i found my next girlfriend. holding my breath.
 Rogue15
01-24-2013, 11:54 AM
well im back to my self now. **** the world if it doesnt have time for me.
 Wildstar
01-24-2013, 7:11 PM
Happy b-day Kinnison! :D

And I think most of you pretty much have heard that J.J. Abrams, who has directed the two Star Trek reboots, has been tabbed to direct Star Wars Episode 7. I liked the first Star Trek, and am hearing good things about the one coming out this summer, so I hope Abrams can do for Star Wars what he's done for Star Trek.
 Keyan Farlander
01-24-2013, 8:12 PM
And I think most of you pretty much have heard that J.J. Abrams, who has directed the two Star Trek reboots, has been tabbed to direct Star Wars Episode 7.

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-24-2013, 11:24 PM
No. Lens. Flares.

God watching the new Star Trek was like staring at the Sun in parts of it.
 edlib
01-25-2013, 12:59 AM
Shaky handicam work in a galaxy far, far away...

I'm not a JJ fan... But I'll hope for the best out of this.

Can it be worse than Lucas directing himself? Only time will tell...
 Rogue15
01-25-2013, 5:00 AM
happy and i know it
 K_Kinnison
01-25-2013, 11:29 AM
I hope Abrams can do for Star Wars what he's done for Star Trek.

By adding more lens flare? Shaking cameras, with dirtier and grimy sets?

I guess they want to make SW more like ST
 K_Kinnison
01-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Yes, it is my birthday. 38 now. Getting ready for my Boardgame party by cleaning the house up... on my birthday. Later on going to go to a sushi restaurant for my birthday dinner. Also I got all my Talisman miniatures painted. At least base coats and some Wet/Dry brushing. Still need to do fine detail work and finish the bases, but they are done.
 Kuuki
01-25-2013, 12:19 PM
And I think most of you pretty much have heard that J.J. Abrams, who has directed the two Star Trek reboots, has been tabbed to direct Star Wars Episode 7. I liked the first Star Trek, and am hearing good things about the one coming out this summer, so I hope Abrams can do for Star Wars what he's done for Star Trek.

31g0YE61PLQ
 Wildstar
01-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Maybe I'm easy to please *shrug*
 Rogue15
01-25-2013, 1:41 PM
i really need to stop thinking about the future and especially about relationships. it's ****ing with my head. why can't i just be happy for once i got everything that i ****ing wanted, i'm HERE damn it. maybe its cause i am 29 and single and also i think part of me is pissed cause it's been almost a year since i got dumped by my fiance, plus ****ing valentines day is coming up and that's about the time i got dumped, and just reflecting on that, my age, no chance in hell with any girls i know cause they're all taken or are sluts...

3 things that am am thankful for...

being here
student loan getting paid off in next 3 months
video game time :)
 K_Kinnison
01-25-2013, 6:09 PM
any consolation R15, I didn't find my future wife until I was 35. I remember when I was like you and hoping that any Lady that smiled at me or treated me nice could be the one. It wasn't until I started dating again that I realized the best way to get the Ladies was to be so confident in yourself you didn't need anyone else

Confidence is sexy
 Wildstar
01-25-2013, 7:12 PM
Well, I asked a few of my other fan friends about the shaky camera work in ST, and a few of them actually thought it added realism to the scenes that had a lot of explosions in them.
 edlib
01-25-2013, 7:27 PM
Well, they aren't exactly asking my opinion... So all I can really do is grumble, and then then go see it anyway when it comes out.

Maybe it will be the best thing ever. Who knows?

Time to wait and see...
Page: 2 of 5