Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can i run SWTOR with my laptop?

Page: 1 of 1
 SithShizle
12-18-2011, 5:18 AM
Hello,

Can i run SWTOR without having lag?

This is my laptop :

Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU U5600 @
1.33GHx 1.33 GHz

3GB RAM

And will it works if i run in on low/medium Graphics?

Thank You :)

(Edit)

everything is good, except my GHz is 1.3 an has to be 2.0...
1. Does it wil be a big problem?
2. Can i buy it?
 DarthParametric
12-18-2011, 5:41 AM
I assume that has some sort of Intel integrated graphics? I suspect you may fall below the requirements. Try looking up TOR on this - www.systemrequirementslab.com) It needs Java to run.
 Pho3nix
12-18-2011, 8:28 AM
I wouldn't recommend buying unless you have one of those gaming laptops. These are the specs for mine:

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1  –  CPU: AMD Phenom II N830 Triple-Core Processor (at 1491 MHz)  –  Memory usage: 1953/3835 MB (50%)  –  Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Series (1366x768x32bit 60Hz)

I had pretty ****ty FPS, around ~12 average.
 SithShizle
12-18-2011, 8:48 AM
I wouldn't recommend buying unless you have one of those gaming laptops. These are the specs for mine:

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1 *–* CPU: AMD Phenom II N830 Triple-Core Processor (at 1491 MHz) *–* Memory usage: 1953/3835 MB (50%) *–* Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Series (1366x768x32bit 60Hz)

I had pretty ****ty FPS, around ~12 average.

i used that System requirment thingy, and theres standing everything is good except my GHz... mine is 1.33 and i need 2.00. will it be a big problem? cuz the graphics of the game arnt the best. because i played Dungeon & Dragons for 10 minutes ( MMORPG ) and the graphics where better, and i didnt had lag. and is there a way the get more GHz?

Please Reply :)
 DarthParametric
12-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Comparing clock speeds between processors is fairly pointless. I would ignore that.

As far as DDO goes, unless there has been a substantial change in it since I tried it some time ago, TOR is definitely far better looking when maxed out. But if you are running it at the lowest settings then yeah I guess it might look like crap.
 SithShizle
12-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Comparing clock speeds between processors is fairly pointless. I would ignore that.

As far as DDO goes, unless there has been a substantial change in it since I tried it some time ago, TOR is definitely far better looking when maxed out. But if you are running it at the lowest settings then yeah I guess it might look like crap.

Oke, but the point is, all my settings are good except my GHz. so if i run it on low graphics, Will it works Smooth?
Look :
CPU
Minimum: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0 GHz or better
You Have: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU U5600 @ 1.33GHz
 Miltiades
12-18-2011, 1:49 PM
Look, TOR is a pretty demanding game, even for its stylized graphics and promises of the game running on lower end PC's. You may be able to get the game to play, but the FPS will definitely ruin quite a bit of the experience.

I've been playing the game during beta (and this weekend, unfortunately) mostly on my laptop, which is a more powerful laptop than yours but still doesn't manage to avoid stutter, even on the lowest settings possible and the loading times and graphical glitches certainly make the game less appealing (I've heard turning shadows off helps quite a bit for some, but it only makes a minor difference on my laptop). So it'll definitely not be a smooth experience.

I'd say, if you really wanna play the game, look for an upgrade.
 DarthParametric
12-18-2011, 8:39 PM
I'm running it on an i7 860 with 8GB of RAM, SSD, and a pair of 560 Tis in SLI and the framerate is all over the shop - anywhere from 20 to over 100 fps. Graphically, I've actually seen no difference in performance between running it with SLI and the single card I used in beta (one was out for RMA). I've spoken to a number of people that played it on laptops during beta with no real issues. I think the main thing that really matters is latency. A poor connection will introduce hitches that have nothing to do with your hardware. I'm running north of 250-300ms most of the time, which is far from ideal, albeit mostly just annoying rather than unplayable.
 Canaan Sadow
12-22-2011, 3:52 AM
I don't know if this is still a question you have, but I'd like to offer my advice :P

These are my computer specs:
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z346/canaan_sadow/computerspecs.png)

And the game works extremely well, on lowish graphics and with shadows off. (with shadows on, i lag in all indoor areas)
Page: 1 of 1