Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Moderator

Page: 1 of 2
 ChrisC3po
08-05-2001, 10:42 AM
I’m proud to announce The Premier Galactic Battleground Forums’ first Moderator; Paragon_Leonv. Paragon has been extremely active on this forum since its opening days, I’m sure you’ve all noticed. :cool: I’ll let Paragon introduce himself to all of you below. If you have any suggestions on others who deserve to be moderators please let me know.
 Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 10:53 AM
Well hey all,

so here goes: I'm a music journalist from the Netherlands, 27 yrs old, turning 28 in a couple of weeks. Part of my job means being online a while, and that's how i got in touch with these boards. I'm an avid AOK-player and register at the Heavengames.com boards as well.

I've programmed in basic on MSX (late 80's) and had my computer-lessons on a Commodore Vic 20. Later, especially through MSX, I got into gaming and expanded to PC, SNES, Handhelds (Atari Lynx) and Playstation. The SNES and Lynx have been sold now.. (sorry if you were interested.. :-) )

PC gaming is a pastime now but i still have and operate on an MSX just for fun. An above-average interest in Star Wars-games / movies is for sure.. but i keep a clear head as to it being simply movies..for fun. You won't have me greeting you with 'May The Force Be With You' when i come across you on the street.

I've been an avid AOK-player with a near-expert level and Galactic Battlegrounds to me sounds like the dream Star Wars game. So let's dig into it and make these boards the place to be for that game !

Greetings,
 Kobi Duran
08-05-2001, 11:43 AM
Congratulations Paragon :joy:, you earned it. This calls for a few fireworks.

:explode: :explode: :explode:
 Generalchang
08-05-2001, 11:49 AM
Congrats!
 Darth_Rommel
08-05-2001, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by ChrisC3po
I’m proud to announce The Premier Galactic Battleground Forums’ first Moderator; Paragon_Leonv. Paragon has been extremely active on this forum since its opening days, I’m sure you’ve all noticed. :cool: I’ll let Paragon introduce himself to all of you below. If you have any suggestions on others who deserve to be moderators please let me know.

Aren't you a mod. Chris? :confused:

Oh and congrats. on the new rank O powerful mod.!
 ChrisC3po
08-05-2001, 1:04 PM
Well actually I'm an Admin, so Paragon_Leon is our first real mod.
 Darth_Rommel
08-05-2001, 1:47 PM
Oh... What is the difference between the two? :confused:
 ChrisC3po
08-05-2001, 2:01 PM
Adminstrators get the better name while moderators get all the work. =) Basically I’m one of the webmasters of this site, my main priority is making sure things are running and getting news and content for the GB.com. While Paragon_Leon’s job is to keep these boards running smoothly.
 Tie Guy
08-05-2001, 2:27 PM
Also, what is the differenve between Admiral and Grand Admiral. Like Sherack is an Admiral, but you are a Grand Admiral. Is that a major difference? I always just assumed he was a mormal mod, like Leon is now.

Crongrats Leon.
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 2:35 PM
What kind of "powers" does Leon get? I know he can remove/move topics. Ban people? What else?
 Darth_Rommel
08-05-2001, 2:38 PM
He can edit posts (maybe make mine longer!) ;)
 Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 3:03 PM
Only if you make me, Rommel... :D

To put it shortly; anything that needs to be done to keep things smooth here..

most of the time i'll probably be moving threads to off-topic :D
but sometimes i might have to settle something or delete some harsh posts.

If you come across things you feel i should know about, give me a private message. that'll help me work through the boards speedily.

Happy posting,
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 3:09 PM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
Only if you make me, Rommel... :D

To put it shortly; anything that needs to be done to keep things smooth here..

most of the time i'll probably be moving threads to off-topic :D
but sometimes i might have to settle something or delete some harsh posts.

If you come across things you feel i should know about, give me a private message. that'll help me work through the boards speedily.

Happy posting,
Are you still going to post (none-mod related stuff)?
BTW Will you let the person edit their post before you delete it?
 Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 4:09 PM
oh, you can bet on me popping up in discussions. after all, that's why i got here in the first place..

I'll allow them to edit if it makes sense to do so.. really harsh posts will be deleted without that opportunity. usually people only want to edit if they have some kind of conflict and they said something they regret. My advice ? Don't say it in the first place.. :p
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 4:59 PM
What times are you on at?
 Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 5:03 PM
I'm a non-sleeping, typing-addictive human/alien hybrid.
that should tell you all you need to know.. :D
seriously, expect me to be on most at 02:00 AM USA time and at about noon USA time... that's when i have the most opportunity. but i will pop in during early evenings from time to time, especially in the weekends.
 Lord JayVizIon
08-05-2001, 5:03 PM
paragon leon a moderator? couldn't of gotten anyone worse. just kidding, congrats leon...... you always post pertinent info on here.....:cool:
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 5:11 PM
I knew he would be a Mod! I'm also thinking that another person looks good to be a mod, but I won't name, names.
So leon, is that Eastern time, Pacific time or that other one?
 Paragon_Leon
08-05-2001, 5:17 PM
It's that other one :D :D (Central Standard Time)
We're at GMT+1. Meaning 6 hours ahead of eastern time
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 5:20 PM
It's that other one :D :D (Central Standard Time)
We're at GMT+1. Meaning 6 hours ahead of eastern time
AHHH! Too much math! ;)
So is it 2am BT(Board time) your on?
 Tie Guy
08-05-2001, 5:26 PM
That's what he said isn't it. Anyways, what does it matter, you want to post bad stuff while he's not on ;)
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 5:43 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
That's what he said isn't it. Anyways, what does it matter, you want to post bad stuff while he's not on ;)
No, he orginally said 2 am USA time which could be anything. He could have just said 2 am board time.
I never post bad stuff :) and if I did, what would be the point, it would be there when he gets on.
Can we please stay on the topic tie? ;)
BTW You haven't been posting all that much, trying to get them to make you a mod? :) Or are you afraid of Leon?
 Tie Guy
08-05-2001, 9:58 PM
No i'm not sucking up if that's what your trying to say :D

I simply don't have as much to say when the replies on some topics are only "i agree" or something of the sort. You may be suprised, but i only post when i have something to say. I could really care less about post count, coz i'm having fun and getting alot of info while answering a few questions on the side. :)
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 10:02 PM
No i'm not sucking up if that's what your trying to say :D

I simply don't have as much to say when the replies on some topics are only "i agree" or something of the sort. You may be suprised, but i only post when i have something to say. I could really care less about post count, coz i'm having fun and getting alot of info while answering a few questions on the side. :)
Oh man! If that isn't a suck up post! :D
"I post only when I have something to say", "I could really care less about post count"
You brightened my day with that post! Thanks for the laugh!:)
 Tie Guy
08-05-2001, 10:46 PM
(Stop Mods!!!! Don't read this!!! Turn back now!!!!)

I do what i can, but seriously...i wasn't joking. I really don't care about getting a high post count, or about being a mod. I'm serioius. Why don't you believe me. :D

No, but i really am serious (for about the 4th time :D) I don't come to these forums so i can get alot of posts, i come to have fun and get info, which i am doing. You can decide for yourself if i'm sucking up, but i'll shorten the process...i'm not.

see
(disregard this post entirely if your a mod or admin or in any form of authority on this board. :D)
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 10:49 PM
Ok, if you don't care about them ask Leon to take away all your posts and rank and put you at fodder again. I dare you to do it :D
Sorry Leon for posting this in this thread.
 Tie Guy
08-05-2001, 11:20 PM
You could take away my post count, but that is a symbol of the time i've invested in these boards, and i believe it earns a measure of respect, which i value greatly in life. Still, i want my special rank, you can take the posts after that (but don't unless you ask me)

I think that there are other ways of proving what i said, and one of them is my posting a little less. That should be all the proof you need, but instead, you see it as "sucking up." Another thing is to look at my posts in the Gallatic Discussion and Developer's board. You'll see that they are almost all completely relevant, or a response to a question or comment of another person. I have no doubt i my mind what i'm saying is true, but if you won't be convinced, then that's your problem. (no offense of course :D)

But enough of being really serious, i'm getting bored of it. Please don't bring this up again, coz there's nothing more i have to say.
 Kvan
08-05-2001, 11:39 PM
"Gallatic Discussion" Hehe...where is that Tie.
So Leon, are you gonna start saying niffty little sayings when you move topics too?
 Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 3:49 AM
No, I'll just move them with swift accuracy and mind-boggling speed, before you can even wonder why i did it.. :D :D :D

I moved a few threads so far, but motivated why i did it..
These boards are for discussing the topics shown above the threads. Once there's too much of a 'yes you do' - 'no, i don't' thing going on, the topic really is lost.. which is when i either close the thread (if part of it is relevant) or move it altogether.

And i read EVERY post... :D (o, the horror...)
 Sherack Nhar
08-06-2001, 12:04 PM
Also, what is the differenve between Admiral and Grand Admiral. Like Sherack is an Admiral, but you are a Grand Admiral. Is that a major difference? I always just assumed he was a mormal mod, like Leon is now.
Me too! :confused:

Originally posted by Kvan
So Leon, are you gonna start saying niffty little sayings when you move topics too?
Was that a referrence to my Force Move Topic? :D

Anyway, I'm glad you're aboard now, Paragorn_Leon. It'll make my life a lot easier :D I'm also glad that you close topics that get too much into 'yes you do', like you said. I could never bring myself to do it... I was afraid I'd be hated :o
I guess it's the fate of us mods...
 Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 12:09 PM
As long as you're always explaining why you do what you do, there's no hate involved... i guess..
or people simply want to hate you. :D
I'm thinking about simply deleting those posts in a thread that don't make sense, but keeping it open, once it has gone out of hand someplace.
we'll see how things fare.
 darthfergie
08-06-2001, 12:18 PM
Are you talking about OVE again? Sorry about the mix up:D
 Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 12:22 PM
LOL !! No, i wasn't talking about that. That's fine, fergie..
:D

it was more that such a situation happens the most in threads..
 Kvan
08-06-2001, 3:52 PM
Oh, wow Sherack Nhar, I never knew how nice you were. Drat! That means thats one less mod I can take shots at! Who is the webmaster of this board? :D
Leon, I really think you should come up with a saying. It seems to take the edge off when you have to move it. People bust up laughing at what you say they stop caring so much about you moving it. At least thats my take on it :)
 Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 4:05 PM
If you can come up with a great saying, I'm all ears.. :D
 Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 4:09 PM
A mod must make his own saying, so he becomes truely in tune with the force (much like a jedi must make his own lightsabre), no one can help you with this task Leon...

:yoda: :nien: All the masters agree
 Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 4:15 PM
Then 'I shall do what I must, Obi-Wan !'
:p
 Kvan
08-06-2001, 4:23 PM
I have an idea (it came while I was writting the Leon the Jawa story)! I think that Leon should have the rank of "Dark MOD"! What do you think?!
 Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 4:29 PM
Yeah! Thats a great idea! (j/k) :D
 Kvan
08-06-2001, 4:31 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
Yeah! Thats a great idea! (j/k) :D
HEY! Your j/k that it's a great idea! :mad:
I think Leon, Dark MOD of the Sith would be great! :P
 Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 4:34 PM
Leon, just gave me a stern reminder of the rules here, so I can't help your cause... sorry :(
 ChrisC3po
08-06-2001, 4:34 PM
Well just to clear things up:
Grand Admiral (Administrator) – “Big shots” Admins keep the board running, they have complete control over the boards. Admins control the look of the board, adding things such as avatars and smilies, ect. But of course we also have all of the powers of Moderators.
Admirals (Glorified Moderator) – Admirals’ are what vBulletin calls Super Moderators; basically they have all the powers of a moderator with a different name. =)
Moderator – I’m pretty sure you guys can figure this one out.
 Kvan
08-06-2001, 4:38 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
Leon, just gave me a stern reminder of the rules here, so I can't help your cause... sorry :(
Rommel, whats wrong? PM, or email me.
ChrisC3po I was just think that since you guys have a rank that pretains to SW, mods should too. Do you not like Dark MOD of the Sith?
 Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 4:40 PM
Well, i've had the title for about 4 minutes now, and i don't like it..
:D

It doesn't really matter, does it ? Or do you want to pigeonhole me as a 'Dark' person ? ;)
 Darth_Rommel
08-06-2001, 4:41 PM
Don't worry I'm forgiven! :D, Dark Mod. of the Sith sound great though!
 Kvan
08-06-2001, 4:42 PM
I think Dark MOD suits you :D
 darthfergie
08-06-2001, 6:12 PM
If I was a mod thats what I would be.:D :D :D
It sounds Awesome Leon it really does:D
 Kvan
08-06-2001, 6:16 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie
If I was a mod thats what I would be.:D :D :D
It sounds Awesome Leon it really does:D
See leon, fergie agrees. You need something that stands out.
Don't make me use MY power and force you to change it :D
 Paragon_Leon
08-06-2001, 6:16 PM
yeah, just as 'awesome' as 'Attack Of The Clones'

PUHLEASE !!
 Kvan
08-06-2001, 6:21 PM
check this link out as well:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/)

it really looks like it's official.... :(
Now Leon, is that on topic? hmmm? Here we talk about MODs. ;)
Page: 1 of 2