Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What is the character class you plan to play as first?

Page: 1 of 1
 Lynk Former
08-29-2011, 3:35 AM
We've all had plenty of time to think about it and a whole slew of class videos... we don't know when the game will be released, but I'm sure of you most of you have an idea of what class you will be playing as on your first run through of The Old Republic... so, what's it gonna be?

For me, there's no better choice than the Trooper Vanguard. I don't usually go for the tank characters in RPGs, but in the case of TOR, I really want to be a Trooper that can take the hard hits and protect my comrades by taking fire that would have gone their way.

Be sure to check out our Classes (http://www.starwarsmmo.net/gameinfo/classes/) page for more info about the different classes you'll be able to choose when TOR launches.
 Astor
08-29-2011, 3:46 AM
Jedi Guardian. Although it's likely I'll create a few characters and take them through the first few levels or so just to see which one I like best.
 Miltiades
08-29-2011, 11:32 AM
I've been wanting to play the Bounty Hunter since the beginning and I'm not going to change now. Especially because of the dual-wielding Mercenary. I've always liked Jango Fett.
 Deft Aklin
08-29-2011, 12:14 PM
I think my Avatar says it all. lol Except I'll probably be going with a Madness first Lightning second approach to my spec/gameplay.
 adamqd
08-29-2011, 4:29 PM
Consular Shadow. Skill-set its exactly how I want to play, although I despise double bladed lightsabers, so it could change nearer release. I fully intent to have a main toon as a Smuggler though, I was a Smuggler for 5 years in SWG.
 Hallucination
08-29-2011, 9:31 PM
I'm leaning towards Powertech, the name alone is worth it.
 Mav
08-30-2011, 4:16 AM
Smuggler, leaning towards Scoundrel, but it could change depending how they play.
 Flip
08-31-2011, 10:49 AM
Jedi Guardian, although I would be interested to play as a Sith Juggernant too.
 Jae Onasi
09-25-2011, 10:24 PM
Consular Sage for me, I think. However, Smuggler looks like a TON of fun (including the quips), and I'm an alt-oholic, so all the classes will get play time from me.
 mr_dad
09-26-2011, 9:02 AM
Light Side Sith Warrior or Bounty Hunter. Blizz is so cute! Then probably Jedi Knight.
 ChAiNz.2da
09-27-2011, 11:38 AM
Smuggler, leaning towards Scoundrel, but it could change depending how they play.

Same here! :D

Bounty Hunter: Mercenary comes to a close 2nd.

Like Jae, I'm an alt-oholic.. so all classes will have their turn eventually ;)
 LordVader1
10-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Jedi Guardian: It is my favorite Class
 Snarils
10-10-2011, 11:18 AM
After having tried most of them, I will be playing a Bounty Hunter at launch as my first character and a Sith Marauder as second character.

Why Sith? Because good, is dumb.
 Ztalker
10-17-2011, 1:04 PM
Sith Inquisitor: Assassin it will be...

I've seen them in some video's and it seems they are very versatile.
They can tank, dps and range dps (heal too?). That's very usefull since it's quite difficult to predict which role will be 'needed' in the game. I suspect many people will play a 'simple' class like Jedi Knight DPS which makes tanks and ranged DPS very important.
 Jae Onasi
10-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Lotus Fleet and 95th Brigade (the 2 guilds I plan on running with) are going to have branches on the Light and Dark sides, so I'm going to have an alt in both the Empire and Republic fairly quickly. I just have to decide which now for the Empire side.
 Mav
10-24-2011, 12:52 AM
You should check out the Class Focus articles on SWMMO.net that are being posted every weekend, that might help you decide which classes you want to play as.

I have no shame.
 mimartin
10-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Picked Smuggle

However Race is going to be more important to me than class. I’m interested in playing as a Twi’lek, Miraluka and Mirialan. So Jedi made be in the cards, but I going to give a Mirialan smuggler the first shot.

that or I'm just coping Mav.
 Tommycat
10-24-2011, 10:44 PM
Tough call for me... Lets face it, Bioware and their story are really making it great to play ANY of the classes. I think that I'll probably go Smuggler "medic" Sawbones. Stealth is nifty. Keeping your party alive is good. I've been good as high DPS, but I've always wanted to be the one that saves the party.
 FimmFingur
12-07-2011, 7:15 AM
I'm going to start with "Sith warrior - Juggernaut"
I got to try him out in the beta and he seemed most fitting for me. Most likely i will end up playing all the characters trough. The stories are so amazing. My second choice will probably be Imperial Agent. I played one the first 10 levels and his story seemed pretty cool.
 Lynk Former
12-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Looks like there's no first love for the Jedi Knight: Sentinel, Sith Warrior: Marauder and Imperial Agent: Sniper. No surprise that Jedi Knight: Guardian is leading the pack but it looks like everything else is pretty balanced.
 Jeff
12-07-2011, 1:03 PM
Kind of hate to play the most popular combination but it's definitely Jedi Guardian for me. Their armor just looks so badass.
 Scorge
12-09-2011, 8:09 PM
Kind of hate to play the most popular combination but it's definitely Jedi Guardian for me. Their armor just looks so badass.

Same with me....
Page: 1 of 1