Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR1 Restoration Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Mandalore5
08-28-2011, 9:07 AM
I have been working on a mod that restores the cut content of KotOR1 along with ZM90 a.k.a. TheBetaAndCutContentGuru over the past few months, and we are currently recruiting members of the team. At the moment we are working on the cut content of Dantooine. The link to where most of it goes on is in my signature (not sure if I'm allowed to say that?), PM me if you're interested.
 CptPriceless
08-28-2011, 5:14 PM
Huh, I heard some rumors that the mod had died. I'm glad to see it's not :P I'd be glad to help, but school's already started for me. For now, I guess, all you get from me is encouragement. If you ever need VO's, I might be able to help. I'm closed for skinning at the moment.
 Lordjedi
08-28-2011, 8:34 PM
Huh, I heard some rumors that the mod had died. I'm glad to see it's not :P I'd be glad to help, but school's already started for me. For now, I guess, all you get from me is encouragement. If you ever need VO's, I might be able to help. I'm closed for skinning at the moment.

K1RP died I believe, but other people seem to be starting teams to restore K1 content.
 Capibara
08-29-2011, 3:26 AM
Is there a list somewhere of the cut content you're restoring? Also, what about the level cap?
 Mandalore5
08-29-2011, 8:28 AM
We can't actually raise the level cap, as that's hard-coded. There are mods out there that change the rate of levelling, but I don't think we're using any of them.

This is the list we have so far: (red means complete, green means being worked on)

Deadeye Duncan on Manaan

The Taris arena fighter Deadeye Duncan survived the events of the planet and would show up on Manaan.
He reveals that he's trying to become a mercenary and is finding it hard to find work due to his reputation. He asks your character if he can use your "Mysterious Stranger" name as a way to fix his reputation.

Sith Board The Ebon Hawk

After deciding who would rescue you, Carth and Bastila on the Leviathan, there was supposed to be a quick cutscene where Carth, Bastila, and the PC are shown being taken prisoner by the Sith boarding party.

Alternative Darkside Female Ending

In order to make the deadline for this game, an alternate ending for dark side females was cut.
The ending took place when Carth comes to the Star Forge to speak to you one last time. From there you could choose to redeem yourself by killing Bastila and stop her using her battle meditation on the sith forces. However, in doing this, the player and Carth lose precious time in escaping from the Star Forge and remain on the Star Forge as Republic forces destroy the Star Forge.

Black Vulkar Base Expansion

An extension of the Taris Swoop Bike quest, in which a second level exists in the Vulkar base and the player has to disguise himself as a Vulkar to infiltrate it.

Rulan Prolack Expansion

In the fight with Rulan Prolack (the shape changing alien you're sent to kill for the GenoHaradan), he always transforms into Jolee. However it seems he was at one time meant to transform into any one of your NPCs, even your PC.

Alternative Way Into Taris Sith Base (tar_m02ad)

There was an alternate way into the Sith base on Taris. The junior Sith officers you meet in the cantina could later be talked to at the party for a chance to buy a passcard into the base. (this only needs me to sort out a script then it's done)

Indecent Proposal

As a "reward" for rescuing Shen and Rahasia, the PC had the option to make an... indecent proposal (Shen for female PC, Rahasia for male) shortly before Ahlan and Nurick show up.
Garrum and Tareelok

An argument between a Master and his apprentice was supposed to take place on Dantooine.

Manaan Pazaak Tournament

You could compete in a Pazaak tournament on Manaan.

Sith Patrol In Sewers

The Sith patrol you meet in the Undercity was at one time in the sewers (or possibly it was a second patrol) and were much harder to fool (you'd have to show your papers and then pass a persuade check).

Carth's Extended Taris Apartment Dialog

A little bit of unused dialogue near the beginning, Carth tells the PC to go back to sleep until their injuries heal.

The Echani Mercenary's Friends

During your adventures on Manaan, you could partake in a side quest to find out what happened to an Echani mercenary's friends.

The PC fights alongside Jolee

More bits of dialogue seem to suggest that Jolee and the PC were meant to fight together in the Shadow Lands before he officially joined your party. Perhaps against the Katarns you see him kill?

Swoop Bike Parts

A possibility to buy parts for the Swoop Bike. On the Swoop Track on Tatooine, when the player talks to a racer named Nico, he can still ask Nico where there's a place to buy upgrades for the swoop bike. Bioware forgot to cut this dialogue.

Belaya Captured

If the player didn't kill Juhani, the Jedi Belaya, from the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine, was supposed to have been captured and kept as a prisoner aboard the Leviathan. She would later be discovered to have died in captivity.

Canderous and Juhani's Talk

As with other team configurations, if Juhani and Canderous were part of the player's team, they were supposed to have dialogue with each other. Specifically about the Mandalorian invasion of Cathar.

Dungeon on Tatooine

An alternate Star Map scenario where the map is located in the maw of a Sarlacc. The player must navigate an underground Rakatan temple in order to locate the pit, and then figure out how to get to the map without getting eaten.

Sewers Trash Compactor Puzzle

A trash compactor puzzle in the Taris Sewers.

Sand People Messiah

A quest that would have allowed the player to become a sort of Messiah of the Sandpeople and lead them against their Czerka corporation oppressors.

Gammorean Stronghold

A Gammorean stronghold used to exist in the Taris Undercity.

Carth/Female Revan Extended

An extended romance .dlg for Carth with a Female Revan, for a better executed beach scene.

Shuma The Hutt

Shuma the Hutt originally could be found in the Jedi Enclave. Due in part to recent events, Shuma was granted asylum in the Enclave.

Iriaz

Passive Iriaz originally roamed the plains of Dantooine. That's right, other creatures roamed the plains and didn't attack you on sight.

More Swoop Races

You could go swoop racing on Kashyyyk, Dantooine and Korriban

Extended Shadowlands

A third area of the Kashyyyk Shadowlands could be accessed (it is a lower level beneath the second level and some of the areas were created but are mostly empty, with very little content in them).

Sunry Murder Expansion

Apparently it was possible that Revan could discover a datapad written by Elassa to her Sith Master shortly before her death, inside the Sith Embassy. In it she says that she doesn't believe Sunry knew anything of value, and actually intended to murder him on the very same night the jilted Sunry killed her. Ironically, while Sunry had killed her in cold blood, he had unknowingly prevented his own death at the same time.

Bastila on Korriban

Bastila was originally allowed to accompany you during your trip to Korriban. This is evidenced by dialogue and voices that still exist in the game files.

Juhani's Leviathan Dialogue

Juhani had some dialogue after you escape from the Leviathan.

Party Dialogue for Korriban Star Map

It appears as though nearly every one of your NPC teammates had something to say after you find the Star Map in Naga Shadow's tomb. However, as we all know, only your character is allowed to enter Naga Shadow's tomb.

Juhani Speaks of Korriban's Evil

You could speak with Juhani after finding the Star Map on Korriban. The dialogue itself involves Juhani telling you of her dislike of Korriban's evil and how it affected her.

Juhani Dislikes Canderous

You could speak to Juhani about why she dislikes Canderous. The dialogue itself obviously became available shortly AFTER her argument with Canderous.

Taris Lower City Extended

There was more content for the Taris Lower City orginally such as a way into the swoop track and more Black Vulkars that would attack.
Juhani Speaks More of Taris

Shortly after you learn that Juhani's last home planet was Taris, you could talk to her again to learn about how the prejudice and racism of other people affected her life on Taris.

Carth's Devastation

Originally, if you had been doing the Carth romance sidequest, a dialogue with Carth revealed he was much more devastated with your character being Revan than he was in the final version of the game.

More Juhani Dialogue

Juhani had additional comments about Revan.

Sharina Fizzark

Sharina Fizzark, the woman who tries to sell you the great wraid plate on Tatooine, can later be found on Dantooine building a new life.

Dantooine Burial Mound Expansion

Apparently you had to do some extra work if you wanted to enter the burial mound on Dantooine as evidenced by a sound file of Bastila talking about how to open it.

The PC threatens a Sith Commander on the Leviathan

Your character at one point in the game could threaten or ask a Sith commander on the Leviathan to help you.

Injured Dark Apprentice

At one point, you encounter an injured dark apprentice in the Rakatan Temple on the Unknown World.

Canderous and Juhani dialog

Due to a small glitch in a dialogue file Bioware forgot to fix, conversation between Juhani and Canderous that takes place on Kashyyyk is never heard in the final version of the game.

Some Jawa NPCs were apparently cut from Tatooine.

A lightsaber crystal called Wookie amulet was cut from the game

There were three additional difficulties Very Easy,Hard,and Impossible (Impossible is the only one that can be safely restored)

There was originally more to the tar-preraid cutscene with Carth chiming in and some dlg choices for the PC.

Zaalbar has some dialogue in the Shadowlands.

The off-duty Sith in the Taris Cantina has some cut dialogue for the opposite gender

Guard Stance was a cut feat

The Glow Rod was cut from Taris

Krayt Dragon Fight
You could fight the Krayt Dragon on Tatooine
 LDR
08-29-2011, 9:45 PM
I remember a few of them as separate mods on KotorFiles. Maybe you could download them and install them into this mod? (With their permission of course.)

Garrum and Tar'eelok (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/;86262)
Chadra Fan (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Chadra_Fan;97282)
Taris Undercity and Gamorrean Stronghold (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Taris_Undercity_and_Gamorrean_Stronghold_Restorati) on;95114)
Taris Lower City (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Taris_Lower_City_Restoration;90857)
Glow Rod (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Glow_Rod_Restoration;100411)
Uthar and Yuthura Academy Uniforms (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Uthar_and_Yuthura_Restored_Academy_Uniforms;108189) )
Bastila Tatooine Dialogue (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Bastilas_Extra_Dialog_on_Tatooine;88978)
Kashyyyk Shadowlands (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Enhanced_Restoration_of_the_Shadowlands;86553)
Juhani Romance (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Juhani_Romance_Mod;61573)
Sharina Fizark on Tatooine (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Sharina_Fizark_Restoration;93107)
BIK Movies (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/New_BIK_Movies_Restoration;95382)
K1 Lost Modules (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/K1_Lost_Modules_Pack;85435)

NOTE: I'm already working on a Korriban Restoration Mod. When I'm finished, feel free to PM me if you want to put the files into your mod.
 Mandalore5
08-30-2011, 9:42 AM
Thanks!
I've heard of a few of them. Good idea, I'll see what I can do.
 Seamhainn
08-31-2011, 5:37 AM
I did some of these restorations (Deadeye, Shuma, Garrum, Iriaz, Vulkar Base, Shadowland, Echani Merc... ). If any help is wanted, I can help; if not, you have my permission to use my files however you see fit. Enjoy :-) !

As a sidenote, its such a long time ago, I am not sure I know exactly how I accomplished all that stuff at that time ;-) .
 Mandalore5
08-31-2011, 9:02 AM
Thanks!
 RevanFan90
08-31-2011, 9:58 AM
Hello,I am ZM90 and this is my Lucas Forums account. I have not posted under my account for sometime. Yes I am the person who started this restoration mod and yes we would welcome your help Seamhainn. For a little background on me,well I'm just a person who does restoration mods in general if it's from a game I like and if I am interested in it's cut or beta content. I have been modding KotOR since 2010 and this is my first and only mod for it (remember I only do restoration mods,plus I go big just how I am). I've learned quite a bit,I still need to be a better scripter though but,hey I've got a few of my scripts to work :). Excellent work on your recruitment and getting the projects name out there by the way Mandalore :).
 Dak Drexl
08-31-2011, 11:16 AM
Alternative Darkside Female Ending

In order to make the deadline for this game, an alternate ending for dark side females was cut.
The ending took place when Carth comes to the Star Forge to speak to you one last time. From there you could choose to redeem yourself by killing Bastila and stop her using her battle meditation on the sith forces. However, in doing this, the player and Carth lose precious time in escaping from the Star Forge and remain on the Star Forge as Republic forces destroy the Star Forge.

I don't agree with this. I think this was part of cut content that falls under "cut 'cause it don't make no damn sense". If Revan dies then all of the mentions of Revan by party members in TSL make no sense. Also Canderous would not have become Mandalore, no? Just my thoughts.
 moynal
08-31-2011, 12:09 PM
The reason for that is TSL came out after and they used the endings that were available to the players for vanilla kotor. If it had not been cut TSL would have probably included the dialog options for that ending. Remember the story for kotor 2 was not being planned during the development of the original kotor.
 Phildevil
08-31-2011, 3:27 PM
Alternate Endings are not cannon. Just look at the end of the Force Unleashed (if anything in this was ever cannon at all...). It doesn't mean they can't be...
 Dak Drexl
08-31-2011, 7:04 PM
I don't care one bit if it's cannon, I just mean that there would pretty much be no point to TSL.
 Darth_Omnis
08-31-2011, 10:08 PM
I don't care one bit if it's cannon, I just mean that there would pretty much be no point to TSL.

Then you shouldn't care that he's restoring that cut content.:brow:
 Dak Drexl
08-31-2011, 11:01 PM
Then you shouldn't care that he's restoring that cut content.:brow:

I just said "I just mean that there would pretty much be no point to TSL."

Why is everyone arguing? All I did was make a suggestion :confused:

If Revan dies, TOR/any fan-made KotOR 3 would be irrelevant (not that I'm playing TOR) and it's just lame if Revan dies...
 Darth_Omnis
09-01-2011, 1:09 AM
I just said "I just mean that there would pretty much be no point to TSL."

Why is everyone arguing? All I did was make a suggestion :confused:

If Revan dies, TOR/any fan-made KotOR 3 would be irrelevant (not that I'm playing TOR) and it's just lame if Revan dies...

I didn't mean to sound harsh, I was just trying to figure out why you were contending restored content for a content restoration mod.:naughty:
 TimBob12
09-01-2011, 4:00 AM
I never realised there was so much cut from K1. This looks awesome.
 Mandalore5
09-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Thanks.
And yeah, while that would mean no TSL, there are plenty of other decisions along the way that would totally change TSL as well (if you choose darkside female Revan, then that's the complete opposite of canon).
 DeathScepter
09-01-2011, 4:38 PM
Thanks.
And yeah, while that would mean no TSL, there are plenty of other decisions along the way that would totally change TSL as well (if you choose darkside female Revan, then that's the complete opposite of canon).

keep in mind that ME2 that there is a kill them all ending but it is not canon.
 Phildevil
09-02-2011, 2:32 AM
ME2? As in Mass Effect 2? How is this related to anything in here?
 RevanFan90
09-02-2011, 9:55 PM
I'm having some trouble. I restored the cut content on the Endar Spire yet if I pack it into a module the .mod messes up to where a lot of the Sith are not hostile and Trask doesn't enter your room among other things. Since that didn't work I just dropped the files I modified into the override and it works perfectly except for the fact that if you save in the Endar Spire when you load it it starts the opening cinematic and messes up the module. So can anyone tell me how I pack it into a .mod file without it messing up?
 DeathScepter
09-03-2011, 1:21 AM
ME2? As in Mass Effect 2? How is this related to anything in here?

my point was, Revan's death ending for Kotor 1 is non canon like the Everyone dies ending for ME 2 is non canon.

in their respective games, it is canon that they both live no matter what the ending in their games.
 Capibara
09-03-2011, 2:57 AM
Wow, quite a few things in that list.

About the level cap thing; i worry that with all that content restored the characters will start hitting the level cap even before the Leviathan (not to mention if installed alongside BOS:SR)... if you can't change the level cap, a leveling delayer addition is a MUST for your mod.
 Sith Holocron
09-03-2011, 4:04 AM
I heard that the team got a few new people. What are they bringing to the table?
 Mandalore5
09-03-2011, 8:48 AM
One of the team members I've got on restoring Sharina Fizzark to Dantooine, we've got Fallen Guardian here working on the cut Jawas on Tatooine, Jatku on Deadly Forums is generally helping make the project more organised (he set up Dropbox for us) as well as being a very good modder, we have some more scripters, diallogue editors, skinners and probably some more that escape my mind at the moment.
 Canderis
09-03-2011, 1:18 PM
I made a mod that doubles the time it takes to reach level 20, if you wanna use it, feel free.
 Seamhainn
09-05-2011, 6:54 AM
One of the team members I've got on restoring Sharina Fizzark to Dantooine

Sekan already did Sharina Fizzark, and it works very smoothly.
Page: 1 of 1