Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

NPC's/TPc's loot drop question

Page: 1 of 1
 Capibara
08-15-2011, 4:57 AM
Probably a super noob question but, why some npc's drop armor/body items (which they had equipped) after death, (like Davik) and others don't? I've been messing around with the tpc files with kotor tool and found that, while most creatures don't actually wear any armor (according to the 'equipped items' inventory screen), some actually do, but here's the thing, not all of them drop their armor/robe/belts, etc. on death, or, they only drop some of the items they had equipped like belts, masks, but not the armor, why?

The reason i'm asking is because i want to make some npc's more powerful by modifying their stats and giving them some better equipment (nothing custom, just default stuff like better, or at least some, robes/armor and belts, masks, etc) but i also want to make sure that, if possible, the equipment is dropped and lootable after death...

So, can anyone explain this bit to me? Thanks in advance. :)
 Canaan Sadow
08-15-2011, 8:40 AM
I'll use the n_darkjedif.utc as an example...

She originally is not wearing a robe or anything, so click inventory (in Ktool) and then you go over to the side and find the equipment you want to put on her, unless you're putting custom equipment on her then double click on the chestpiece and type in the custom template, but for this I'll say just a plain black jedi robe.
So you'd go to Robes -> Jedi Robes -> Dark Jedi Robes and left-click and drag it to her chest, then when you do that, right click on the chestpiece and see if it says droppable, if so then the robe will drop on her death, however if it is unchecked then the robe would not drop.
 Capibara
08-16-2011, 5:17 AM
All right i'll check that, thanks again Kael'thas Solo.

As a side note... no wonder the game's so easy (not the whole reason, but it must surely be a factor); almost all the enemies have nothing else but their weapon equiped. No more. Armors, belts, goggles and gauntlets for everyone! :)

Another question if you don't mind: about npc's feats and force powers, do they have a previous level requirement like the player character and companions? i mean, taking your n_darkjedif.utc example, let's say she has by default the feat Improved Flurry, but she doesn't have Flurry checked, does that mean she won't be able to use the Improved Flurry feat in-game, or such a requirement doesn't matter for non-playable characters? (by skimming through some tpc's i found this to be a fairly common ocurrance but i can't remember if they actually use those feats and powers in-game...)

Also, if she were to have both feats/powers checked, the standard and the improved version, would the improved version 'overwrite' the standard and be the one she uses in the game? or she would have the choice of both randomnly or...?
 Canaan Sadow
08-16-2011, 2:16 PM
From what I've seen it doesn't really matter...

And if both are checked off, I think she will randomly use the basic flurry mixed in with basic strikes and improved flurries....
 Capibara
08-27-2011, 1:37 AM
I have a question about a specific utc file in K1 (although i'm not sure if his happens for other creatures in the game as well): ok, so i'm trying to edit the utc file of the sith governor on Taris, you know, that guy you fight at the end of the sith military base to get the launch codes (tar09_darkjed001), BUT, according to what kotortool tells me he's not even a jedi class but a soldier class, he has force points but no force powers on the list yet he's able to use stasis in-game... even more, if i change his class to jedi guardian, add various force powers, adjust alignment to evil and reduce his force points, in-game, he'd still have the same amount of force points and keep using stasis at neutral alignment cost... the new powers at neutral alignment cost as well. So basically, it would seem like some of the changes work, some don't, some of the things ktool reads (like no force powers on the list) are not true, yet some are... so, what gives? is there some other file that 'attaches' to this utc and changes it? is this a common occurrance or something?

Thanks in advance.
Page: 1 of 1