Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[Question] Adding blood splatters to the game

Page: 1 of 1
 Kelvin
08-08-2011, 8:05 AM
Is there any way to add a special effect, such as, a blood splatter, when any character attacks with a vibroblade, for instance? I've seen Sithspecters' rocket launcher, that has an explosion effect right when the rocket touches the target.

So i just want to know if it is possible to add a little of realism and gore with some blood splatters.
 Isaac Clarke
08-08-2011, 8:45 AM
I don't think so... But I'm not a modder, but from what I've seen, I doubt it.
 CptPriceless
08-08-2011, 2:05 PM
Perhaps instead of sparks you might be able to add blood splatters... But then again, no blood is going to be left on the armor or robes, unless you reskin everything - which will make them START with blood - or you remodel things and add them in game - extremely hard.
 Canaan Sadow
08-08-2011, 2:20 PM
I really don't think it'd add realism. They're technology is a lot more advanced... I'm don't think their swords are designed to make a bloody mess...
 Capibara
08-09-2011, 3:59 AM
^Hehe... so advanced that they don't actually make the target bleed?, that would be somewhat believable for lightsabers (they cauterize while cutting), but then again they should sever bodies like there's no tomorrow... i always found that Obi-Wan Kennobi's line in Revenge of the Sith (when he kills Grievous with a blaster) about a blaster being 'barbaric' (or somesuch) quite hilarious; i mean, come on, for all intends and purposes Jedi use a nasty weapon that should leave trails of severed body parts all over the place.
 Canaan Sadow
08-09-2011, 4:43 AM
^Hehe... so advanced that they don't actually make the target bleed?, that would be somewhat believable for lightsabers (they cauterize while cutting), but then again they should sever bodies like there's no tomorrow... i always found that Obi-Wan Kennobi's line in Revenge of the Sith (when he kills Grievous with a blaster) about a blaster being 'barbaric' (or somesuch) quite hilarious; i mean, come on, for all intends and purposes Jedi use a nasty weapon that should leave trails of severed body parts all over the place.

Eh. It's possible. I mean, the only time I've ever seen blood in anything Star Wars is on the front of a book...
 Capibara
08-09-2011, 4:57 AM
^Of course, you don't want kids going to see a SW movie or animated movie (or game), and find the heroic paladin-esque Jedi leaving behind some horror out of a saw-like movie after a fight... regardless that their weapon of choice technically should.
 Ctrl Alt Del
08-11-2011, 7:58 PM
Eh. It's possible. I mean, the only time I've ever seen blood in anything Star Wars is on the front of a book...
UAGfC0Ktb5Q&feature=related
 Canaan Sadow
08-11-2011, 8:22 PM
UAGfC0Ktb5Q&feature=related

Yeah I remembered that like... last night just before I fell asleep xD
Page: 1 of 1