Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Setting up NWMax

Page: 1 of 1
 darthtyren
07-19-2011, 1:04 PM
I downloaded and installed GMax, but I cant find anything that refers to it on my computer. I searched my hard drive high and low, but I can't find where it installed.

In case it matters, I have windows 7 operating system.
 Fallen Guardian
07-19-2011, 6:08 PM
Check all programs and it should be under discreet.
 darthtyren
07-19-2011, 8:58 PM
Is discreet the people who made it? because it doesn't show.

In case it helps, I downloaded from this link: http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax)

I run the .exe that downloads, but it looks like it gets done setting up, but then a window called CurseClient Setup comes up, and I think it interferes. It says:

For the following components:
.NET Framework Client Profile

Please read the following license agreement. Press page down to dsee the rest of the agreement.
MICROSOFT SOFTWARE SUPPLEMENTAL LICENSE TERMS
MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5 CLIENT FOR MICROSOFT WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM
Microsoft Corporation (or based on where you live, one of its affiliates) licenses this supplement to you. If you are licensed to use Microsoft Windows operating system software (for which this supplement is applicable) (the “software”), you may use this supplement. You may not use it if you do not have a license for the software. You may use a copy of this supplement with each validly licensed copy of the software.
The following license terms describe additional use terms for this supplement. These terms and the license terms for the software apply to your use of the supplement. If there is a conflict, these supplemental license terms apply.
By using this supplement, you accept these terms. If you do not accept them, do not use this supplement.
If you comply with these license terms, you have the rights below.
1. SUPPORT SERVICES FOR SUPPLEMENT. Microsoft provides support services for this software as described at www.support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx).
2. MICROSOFT .NET BENCHMARK TESTING. The software includes the .NET Framework, Windows Communication Foundation, Windows Presentation Foundation, and Windows Workflow Foundation components of the Windows operating systems (.NET Components). You may conduct internal benchmark testing of the .NET Components. You may disclose the results of any benchmark test of the .NET Components, provided that you comply with the conditions set forth at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=66406).
Notwithstanding any other agreement you may have with Microsoft, if you disclose such benchmark test results, Microsoft shall have the right to disclose the results of benchmark tests it conducts of your products that compete with the applicable .NET Component, provided it complies with the same conditions set forth at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=66406).

Do you accept the terms of the pending license agreement?

If you choose don't accept, install will close. To installyou must accept this agreement.

And, so naturally, I choose accept. Then it jumps to "Install .NET Framework Client Profile" and when that's apparently done, it closes, and there's not really anything different, except CurseClient opens up.
 Dak Drexl
07-20-2011, 1:12 AM
Did you do a search for gmax?
 darthtyren
07-20-2011, 8:10 AM
Yes. Nothing turned up except a folder I found NWMax in.
 Dak Drexl
07-21-2011, 12:15 AM
Just try loading that and see what happens.
 darthtyren
07-21-2011, 8:40 AM
Nothing. I can't load it.
 darthtyren
07-25-2011, 8:43 AM
OK, so I have found the problem and dealt with it, and now gmax is installed.

Now I have an issue with the driver setup. How do I know which one I have?

OK, so I didn't pick a driver, but NWMax still opened up anyway...?

Ok, now I have that set up. Is there anything that I should do to become efficient with the program before I try my hand at new areas?
Page: 1 of 1